Al/ck/

al/ck/: getting way too drunk and blasting music way too loud because its saturday edition

Other urls found in this thread:

shuggo.com/birdwatchers/calculator.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=fWdOUaQq_Y4
youtube.com/watch?v=ASBl4aBTfrI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Remeber your beer etiquette anons. When you are a guest, your favorite kind of beer is free. Your second favorite kind is cold.

I said I was only going to drink two beers, on my fourth now and I wont stop
happy because I'm drinking but feeling like a failure because I couldn't control myself
How much liquor did you drink today?

it always starts with "just one"

fuck i blacked out again last night after starting with just one

abot 375 ml so far. im gonna go fast and hard and kill this handle tonight.

you're still able to black out?
The amount I would have to drink to black out these days would probably kill me before I even blacked out

0ml. I'm too scared. I've got to escape, anons. I sense some truly horrific, probably life-ending problems on my horizon whether I drink or not from now on, but I've got to at least try to stop this. I am fucking terrified about everything in my life.
Fuck I need a dr...
Fuck.

What do you usally drink on a hard night?

vodka

>Lamb's navy rum
>Death metal
>reading HFY

On one hand this is magical, on the other I should be considering suicide. Still my goal is half a litre of rum before I pass out but I don't see that happening today. At least I got my lifting session in before I hit the booze as last time I tried to pump some iron drunk I did all kinds of pain to myself.

If you think you can't black out you just have to drink faster

>wake up at 8am
>take a piss
>proceed to 2am next day
>havent pissed
>drank like 7L of liquids during the day

How do you people not make your own booze?

I made 160L of wine
It's all gone already, it was like 4 months ago

Just had three cans of lager today. Feels good.

I make moonshine sometimes but it's way too tempting to have around all the time. I seem to be managing now though.

Have an ice-cold Coca-Cola

Oh boy. I make around 400 liters of wash for my still.

sorry I had a pic.

I use apples and redberries and it's a shit ton of work especially to do alone

shuggo.com/birdwatchers/calculator.htm

Don't fuck around with that pectinase creating garbage. That's methanol looking for a sucker to distill it. Just use sucrose. It creates no methanol and is clean for a proper vodka.

I'm the guy who made the wine.

Is it normal to get anxiety from a hangover? I feel on the verge of a panic attack. I feel scared.

Cool, your fruit based wine will have a defined amount of methanol. That's why people get 'wine' headaches. It's also the reason people think moonshine can kill you or make you blind. It's never happens unless you make your still with lead based solder or other heavy metals. Even with fruit based wash, you'll only ever concentrate methanol at the same strength as wine.

You can make some great brandy from apples though, you just need to make proper cuts.

But if you're looking for merely utilitarian alcohol consumption sugar shine is the way to go, I agree.

What kind of still do you use and do you filter afterwards?

No that's the effect of drinking on the bio-chemical human being. I get panic attacks after hard drinking to the point where I vomit. It fucks you up. Loads you with Cortisol, the panic hormone

It's in some glass tank, I really don't know the details since I've only done it once with my dad's gear after he passed

I run a jackson crossflow 3 inch still with a copper packed column. I can make cuts on the decimal that create vodka that tastes like mother's milk.

>glass still

intredasting. do you now if it's (reflux) column or pot still at least?

you should read up on the process online, it's pretty fascinating stuff.

Absolutely. Every time I've quit drinking anxiety/panic attacks were a common feature of my alcohol withdrawals.

Nice.

I use a traditional copper alembic since I want to fuck about with making brandy and whisky and such. Still makes a decent vodka though.

What kind of ABV do you get on a first run?

The guts look like this..

Yes, especially after a big bender. That's why most people tend to have a couple of drinks the next day to easy the comedown.

Damn, very nice.

All your own work?

The column still runs at 65% in stripping mode, but when you use the tuned column it makes 93%. Not in this picture but I've let the column balance out and got adiabatic numbers

Yeah, I made that shit. Happy with it. I'm a dink.

Nice. Is that a cooking pot on the bottom or some sort of keg? What size is it?

Riddle me this al/ck/ - what is your preferred spirit of choice?

>in anglosphere rum is associated with hard as nails navy men and is considered a drink for hard men
>vodka is the realm of drunken russians and those seeking to become an alcoholic
>tequila is for youngsters acting like theyu know their shit and far too many tequila slammers
>Gin is the realm of middle aged hardened alcholics going through a divorce
>whiskey is either for the refined gentlemen or those seeking to kill themselves while listening to jonny cash albums

Yeah. I'm legitimately terrified right now. Withdrawal is ending, but I'm now literally shaking with fear. It's absolutely awful and it feels like it's just you and that the terror is totally justified.

I adapted a 36 quart Amazon stainless pot for the purpose. 9 Gallons a shot from 13% will issue you a lot of booze. Do the math. I turn my boiler off at 95 degrees. At the start of a run you taste acetate, at the end you taste cardboard. It's all about choice. 80 bucks gets me so much booze, I'm surprised I'm still alive.

Anglo Navy rum is great though. You should have Pusser's navy proof if you haven't already sometime. Actually made with wooden stills, very unique flavour.

Vodka, bourbon, red wine and beer. Those four constitute 95% of my alcohol intake.

My first batch of sugar shine made me feel like I had hacked alcoholism desu. You're basically drinking top shelf for a buck a bottle or less.

Do you run it through charcoal or leave it as is? I've found it fine as is but charcoal makes the flavour a bit drier, which I like.

now on my 7th beer
guys this wont ever end, will it?
pathetic i just want to die

well the key is not to use turbo yeast. that shit is poison. Use Birdwatchers recipe. When yeast is happy it doesn't shit poison. Vodka is a lot like Sourdough. You need to learn how to treat it. Boiling a little more water a little longer is a small price to pay for good booze.

I feel fine until around 2 or 3 when the alcohol wears off, then the severe anxiety kicks in. I can't concentrate for more than a second, it's like my brain is just screaming at me. I feel like reality is caving in, its almost like a bad mushroom trip sans the visuals. Drinking more doesn't help, do I don't bother anymore. It wears off by the late evening, after a good meal.

Do you have horrible nightmares? It's the nightmares that wake me up and make me puke.

It'll only end if you make it happen. Which if you're anything like me, you won't. Day 5 sober right now and I give up. I'm going back to the familiar AGONY of alcohol, because the way I feel right now is worse. I cannot do this.
Shops open in 7 1/2 hours.

No, but I used to when I used to get withdrawals from drinking days on end. I only ever drink for one day now, and usually only in the evening. My hangover usually wears off by bed time.

Only been drunk 3 nights in past 7 days, my best record in over 2 years and feeling p good about it

i didn't realise just how much loneliness i was numbing with the alcohol tho, that's what mostly pushes me back

>beer

Get worried when you start drinking nothing less than 35% just to get buzzed.

5 days is nothing lad, you barely gave your brain the time to adjust. you only start to feel really fine after a couple of weeks to a month.

This . Keep going, man. I promise you it gets better. After that it's a matter of constant vigilance and not falling into the trap of thinking you're OK now and that you can have just one or two drinks.

I've only managed a month once and it was about 11 years ago. I don't know if this is worth it. I miss the familiarity of the agony, it's all I've known my whole adult life.
Thank you user.
I will out of respect for al/ck/, see if I can make it at least an hour after the shop opens. Then maybe 2. If I'm not tearing the flesh from my face out of frantic terror, maybe ill persevere.
Fucking hell.

>see if I can make it at least an hour after the shop opens. Then maybe 2.

This is a good mindset. What helped me to stop wasn't thinking about not drinking in the long term but just trying to make it through the day. You got hobbies? Throw yourself into them. Keeping busy is immeasurably helpful. I went for walks, played video games, listened to music, watched movies, read books, hung out with friends; anything to keep busy. You have to occupy yourself. Don't even give your brain time to think "I could sure use a drink."

Who drunk at work everyday here? I need to find a job with nothing but dudes because the anxiety of working around cute women all day is killing me.

Don't be that guy that wears alcoholism like a veteran badge. Beer gets you just as drunk if you drink enough of it.

I drink really fast and am taking some meds that make it easier

Well maybe the alcohol is what's stopping you from filling that void with people? Something to think about.

I think that's exactly the case, I'm just treading water using alcohol as an aesthetic for loneliness when i should be addressing the issue directly

>HFY
Not even Veeky Forums pretends that's good anymore.

Beer should be drunk for the taste, not percentage.

You are clearly well versed but lets be real here, HFY of QUALITY is well worth it and has grown fasr beyond Veeky Forums's realm as much as it is saddening to admit. The likes of The Beast and Deathworlders (inclusive of its origins) are not Veeky Forums material anymore.

>Beer should be drunk for the taste, not percentage.

Well alcoholism is hardly about using alcohol for its intended purposes, is it?

If one cares about percentage beer is a poor entrance to it given many. many spirits flatout taste better and are considerably stronger.

who /lovesdrivingdrunk/ here?

during the day and not shitfaced though. good times

Found an old thing of Zoloft, dosed up after 2yrs off the stuff and had myself a watermelon/mezcal cocktail

feeling grand, friendos

have you considered not doing this, chum?

The problem is that people on a multiple bottle of vodka a day tolerance can barely physically consume the volumes of 5% pisswater they need to get drunk.

Yeh this. I need a shotgun of vodka to the brain to get drunk. Drinking 10 pints of 8% takes so long that I can't get it inside me fast enough to get a real kick from it. Great for tapering but otherwise really disappointing. Not sure 5% would make me feel anything.

what's a shotgun?

t. euro

How many times have you crashed?

9th beer guys, literally cannot stop it's too comfy but i still hate myself for not controlling myself, this has become a daily routine
how does one just stop?

Cold turkey. Lifting weights or /d/ can help mitigate the pain/loneliness.

Dying, I suppose. Wonder how many former al/ck/ anons I've spoken with who are now under the ground.

Go as hard as you want one night, then the next night have one drink less. then the next night one drink less. Repeat until you gently hit the ground of sobriety.

Exercise and healthy food advised.

that's just a bitter response, things get better right

Google the relapse rates

Welp.. I'm sick now. The lack of food, sleep, and shelter have caught up, and this cold/flu thing is kicking my ass. I've never gotten rocked by a cold so quickly before. I sat down to watch that bullshit NBA final, and I had a random coughing fit. By the end of the game, I was hacking, and had orange shit coming out my nose. Do any of you notice that you get sick more often? I have.. I wish I could get up and drive to town for soup, but I'm freezing under a blanket at the moment.

I get ill maybe once every 5 years max.
It's a reflection of how infrequently I leave my house. My immune system is no doubt in ruins.
Feel better bruh. Lots and lots of vitamin c.

John Wick 1 marathon on TV and a few 40's .
I guess that is saturday.

Thanks. I'm worried about eating meds though. I'm probably in that "may cause liver damage category"

Vit C won't hurt you. Eat an absolute shitload of kiwis if you can get some. It apparently helps the immune system to rek colds much faster.
Why have you had a shortage of shelter btw? Made me think of all the poor fucks out there who put up with homelessness as well as alcoholism. Fucking unthinkable, not even having somewhere to wash, get warm, feel safe, not even escape winter weather, nothing. I wouldn't last a month.

I have a house and all, but I crash in place in the back of my car more often than not, since I'm piss drunk. It gets pretty cold at night, into the morning.

A friend asked me if it's bad to have fi ished a bottlw of wine two episodes into marathoning a show on Netflix.

I replied asking if having a beer with candle lit bubble bath is bad.

Geyser Goze, a beer brewed with kelp and sea moss. Seems fitting.

It' when you load up your shotgun with (preferably whiskey) liquor and have your friend fire the alcohol projectile down your esophagus for direct intake and increased bioavailability

Must suck not having guns

zero

>not injecting it directly into your veins

Who everclear here?

Pretty sure it's outlawed here, I'd love to try it.

I like to talk like I wasn't just in a shouting match, so no.

It tastes like hand sanitizer and shits fire down your throat, you're not missing much mate. But on the other hand, 1 shot of it is worth 2-3 shots of other hard alcohol, so it's really pretty efficient for its pricetag. Maybe not quite as efficient as super cheap plastic bottle vodka though.

just mix it with frozen juice concentrate

I know everyone has seen this, but the man is unreal, this deserves a repost

youtube.com/watch?v=fWdOUaQq_Y4

I dont understand how shoenice hasn't died yet

I want to believe but man, I just can't.

Shoenice? Dude is as legit as they come. I wish he'd come here.
L a beast too
youtube.com/watch?v=ASBl4aBTfrI

dude sounds like hes already pretty drunk

according to him he went to the hospital and got his stomach pumped right after

Yeah he sounds uncomfortably drunk already. i can't imagine what he felt like afterwards.

If it was actually Everclear then yeah, that would be the only way he'd survive I would imagine.

You gotta dump that shit into a big tub of pink lemonade.
Bibbling with Reddit also came up with a VERY good riot juice recipe that uses it. 3 parts everclear, 1 part blue curacao, 1-2 parts (to taste) pineapple juice.
Fucking annihilates you.