QTDDTOT

Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

I want to buy a mandolin. Can anyone recommend a certain brand to me? Planning on buying off Amazon, since I've been to several stores and can't find one.

Other urls found in this thread:

thesweethome.com/reviews/best-mandoline/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Not sure about brands, but make sure the thickness is adjustable (more settings the better) and comes with a few different blades.

How about a chain-mail mitt while you're at it?

?

thesweethome.com/reviews/best-mandoline/
KitchenAid V-Slicer ($20)

Nothing in a kitchen develops an appetite for human fingers and human blood like a mandolin.

Only the fingers and blood of the idiots that don't use the hand guard

hand guards are for pussies who can't handle to slice the entire vegetable

i bought this like, 5 years ago off of a discount sale site for maybe 20 or 25 bucks. i probably use it every month. only time i cut myself was cleaning once.

well then go ahead and slice your fingers up, retard.

Heh, I had that Japanese one.

your the retard

Got some sizzle steaks I want to cook up, how should I season them? I have pretty much every spice needed

Just use your Palm to hold and slide your veg and slow down a bit toward the end
You'll get a couple more cuts that way

What makes a popular cookbook?

I have one similar to this with different thickness plastic guides you pop in and out. I received it as a gift and the problem I have with it is if you put any pressure on the vegetable the plastic gives and it cuts thicker slices than you want. If I bought another one I'd pay more money and get a metal one with an opening adjustment.

mine doesn't have that problem

I'm not surprised. The people that gave it to me bought a really shitty one with flimsy plastic. I guess I'm just warning people about the cheap plastic ones.

If you want a cheap one: Borner V-slicer or Benriner. The Benriner comes in two models, a standard size and the "super", which is larger.

If you are willing to spend more, Bron Coucke is the standard for commercial kitchens.

do french people usually turn the frogs gay before they eat them

Recommend me a cheap electric burr grinder, preferably with free international shipping

Baratza Virtuoso

Is there anyway to salvage freezer burned ground beef? I kinda want to use it for meatballs and I have half of package of new leftover ground beef in the freezer. Do you think it'd be fine if I combine the two or should I just trash it?
Also, can you use beef bouillon as a substitute for beef broth/stock?

I'm a baguette and what is this?

1: what exactly is the difference between Ice cream, custard, gelato, and frozen dairy dessert (as seen on the wrapping for ice cream bars)

2: Would any of you date a picky eater? On the surface, I have no qualms with it, but actually thinking about how any nice place we might go out to eat would have to serve pizza, burgers, or chicken teryaki bugs me.