/cawfee/

Coffee general, where you need to spend $500+ on a grinder or else the autistic mycotoxin spammer will bully you and juxtapose your entire post verbatim over a picture of a fedoraed gentleman using a vape.
old thread: What memes have you fallen for today, user?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/JavaPresse-Manual-Coffee-Grinder-Precision/dp/B013R3Q7B2/ref=sr_1_7?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1497151215&sr=1-7&keywords=coffee grinder burr
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0001KOA4Q/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1497194673&sr=8-1&pi=SL75_QL70&keywords=gaggia espresso machine
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm more of a nescafe guy. Tastes just as good as fresh.

it's the return of the cringe op

>What memes have you fallen for today, user?
This,
pic related

Seriously though, I want a manual burr grinder that isn't entirely plastic on the inside, what's the bare minimum for quality construction, $30?

>what's the bare minimum for quality construction, $30?

>no you can't. you'd need to spend $500+ for a grinder that can match the precision and consistency. $180 will buy you a piece of shit.
>$30 = $180

>mycotoxin
Very deadly toxic mold in coffee that coffee industry is hiding from unaware customers.
Be warned anons.

>picture of a fedoraed gentleman using a vape.
this picture?

>this picture?
or this??

even this guy?

you are typical coffee drinker, asshole
just kill kill kill

i think you guys have had a bit too much coffee
haha ya know what i'm sayin?

>haha ya know what i'm sayin?
yes we do

>don't feel calm until I've had my coffee at 10am
anyone else? I'm trying to figure out why

Caffeine does different things to different people

Quite possibly the worst coffee general yet.
Anyways since it's im fairly early let me ask:
>what sort of beans to use in a moka pot?

>I'm trying to figure out why

>>what sort of beans to use in a moka pot?
I use coffee beans in mine.

my grinder costs 12000 dollars, I think i realize now. Thanks

>dollars,

Who would havw thought... Something a bit more specific?

>Something a bit more specific?
100% arabica medium roast.
no dark roast ever again

Very shitty may may.

What did the dark roast do to you?

That's quite the ad campaign for the LIDO

uuh, how? i mean, that's not something you can hide inside a package of roasted coffee

Do not respond to him. Delete your post

why? i asked a question and I'd like to hear some laughably stupid answer

>What memes have you fallen for today, user?

I just tried doing cold brew. Will report tomorrow.

amazon.com/JavaPresse-Manual-Coffee-Grinder-Precision/dp/B013R3Q7B2/ref=sr_1_7?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1497151215&sr=1-7&keywords=coffee grinder burr

is there anything wrong with this other than its not 500 dollars

As it's one of the million Porlex knockoffs, who knows about the build quality. It's going to take 2-4 minutes to grind depending on the setting and you'll only be able to grind enough for one cup at a time. Grind consistency is going to be fairly crap; on par with the cheap Harios, but still much better than a whirly blade. You'll probably be looking to upgrade soon after, if not for the grind quality, for the 2+ minutes of wrenching for one cup. That said, I used my Hario Skerton happily for almost two years. The work was worth it for a better cup of coffee than anywhere else

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0001KOA4Q/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1497194673&sr=8-1&pi=SL75_QL70&keywords=gaggia espresso machine

Anyone have it? Thoughts?

Is this the tea thread?

The Gaggia Classic is THE entry level machine. You're going to need a decent grinder, though. Espresso is where the $500 price point is absolutely not a meme.

What do you recommend for around $700? Probably gonna grab one after I graduate.

A Vario

Nice thread guys

Have you considered just a mortar and pestle. They cost a lot less and you can get them made of several non-toxic materials of your choice.

I personally prefer laboratory grade porcelain and a surgical stainless steel mesh to control final particle size.
$60 ~$90 if you shop around a bit you can get some nice ones, this will yield results far better then anything I have seen on the market.

Also add a laboratory grade glass, two large suspension pipette, a nice digital mass scale and a 1.5KW laser on a known tuned IR band. And then you can make coffee with a thermal tolerance of 0.001 C, a particle tolerance of 3 microns, and suspension rate tolerance of 1/100000. Full set up for less then $5000. At that level nearly all errors come from the coffee beans as soil chemistry and weather mess everything up.

Alast there doesn't seem to be much research on global weather manipulation to improve coffee bean tolerances so that seems to be the best you can get without getting into very expensive terraforming operations.

wouldn't this take literally forever?

Yes.

Surely you can tell that was a joke post, right?

it's hard to tell, people are literally advocating $500 grinders as entry level

maximum_autism.php

You think a post talking about terraforming and global weather manipulation is even remotely serious?

The first part was semi-serious. A mortar and pestle with mesh really can do a lot.

Although it usually takes half an hour or so to get the grinds to the level I want, so I don't do it that often but I notice the higher quality when I do. It is kind of therapeutic to just stop everything and make a nice spice tea to relax every now and then.

The second part was meant as a joke, but could realistically be done. And if I had the time and money I might actually try it just because.

Also I do this for spices and tea, I am not a coffee person. But there are many similarities.

part of it was see

>uuh, how? i mean, that's not something you can hide inside a package of roasted coffee
but that toxic mold is seen many times by the roasters when they get the green coffee beans from the suppliers.
that toxic mold develops during storage and transport of green coffee beans, especially when green coffee is stored in warehouses like seen in the picture attached.
to save money on labor and storage space greedy coffee merchants don't provide adequate ventilation and green coffee very easily develops this very toxic mold.

>Do not respond to him. Delete your post
GO AND FUCK YOURSELF user.
We know that scums like you would like to hide the truth about several dirty secrets that coffee industry likes to hide from unaware consumers.

>why? i asked a question and I'd like to hear some laughably stupid answer
Yes you got your answer, excepts is no so laughable, actually is quite sad and scary.

>Espresso is where the $500 price point is absolutely not a meme.
Total bullshit.
I'm making excellent expressos with $220 coffee grinder, your fascination with $500 price point coffee grinder is ridiculous and insane actually.
If you think that few nano-size -articles difference of some coffee grounds will ruin your expresso then you are mentally unstable and should not consume coffee but Prozac or some other heavy medication designed for mental nut jobs.
Get mental help.Please.

>Nice thread guys
Thanks.user

>it's hard to tell, people are literally advocating $500 grinders as entry level
KEK
Very funny jab,lol

>expresso

>>expresso
yes it's one of the two proper spelling of that coffee making process.
French faggots say 'espresso' , but Italians where that method of brewing coffee was developed say it 'expresso' because it was fast express way to brew coffee, of course over the years most people got "conditioned" to use the French spelling, but if you know anything about history of this brewing method,
who developed and why it was developed you would know that 'expresso' it the proper way to say it.

But if you are not familiar with it you are going to throw a tantrum fits about it, because that's the only thing you know.
But now you know better so you should freely use both words or actually use the proper spelling the original spelling 'expresso' no this French snobbery 'espresso'

I think you're the one that needs help.

I like your spacing.

>>expresso

My grandfather had a ritual when it came to making coffee.

>travel to main island to buy coffee from some 80 year old importer, because he claimed no other importer imported the best coffee
>takes coffee to bakery to have it roasted in the wood burning oven; claimed no other roasting method works
>ground the coffee using a century old mill; claimed no other mill was quite the right thickness of ground
>added various spices (sorry don't know their names in English)
>brewed coffee in teapot like contraception

He was like 85 when he last made the journey.

Just recalling some nice memories.

Nice story.Thx

too bad there is this cocksucker who is insisting that only $500 coffee grinder will do proper job.

>I wish people who completed middle school and learned how to break text into paragraphs would stop trashing up Veeky Forums with their elitist highbrow ways

don't understand what you are aiming at, don't know what redit is.
what is it?

but just in case you give me stupid answer, Fuck Off

It's important to understand that user's grandfather was born in a different era, when you couldn't just cage down to Bed Bath & Beyond in your internal combustion abomination to purchase a mass-made grinder for $90, oblivious to the destruction and the absolute vulgarity of the act itself

In those days you spent several day's salary on a grinder, and if you didn't like it? That was fine too, coffee was not for everyone

Adjusted for inflation and purchasing power convergence, user's grandfather's grinder was certainly worth well over $500 at the time he obtained it

What are you talking about? I'm fluent in Italian and I say it "espresso". That's because all the Italians around me always said it that way. Maybe in some region of Italy they say it "expresso". I wouldn't know. But your rant is wrong, in general.

"espresso" in Italian does not sound like "espresso" in French. The one that sounds effeminate. That's the French pronunciation.

Paragraphs are separated with an indent not a line space, retard.

X isn't even part of the Italian alphabet

>X isn't even part of the Italian alphabet
the 'expresso' spelling was base on latin word to begin with so it was spelled with 'x', its name comes from Lat. "exprimo" (to squeeze through).

Let's drink tea at the grown-ups table user and leave the black-water-chugging children at the special needs table.

>What are you talking about?
about the fact that expresso is also proper spelling.

>I'm fluent in Italian and I say it "espresso".
soooo?

>That's because all the Italians around me always said it that way.
so you just repeating after them, nothing wrong with that, unless you start making stink about 'expresso' spelling

>Maybe in some region of Italy they say it "expresso".
maybe?, you see now you talking some sense

>I wouldn't know.
there you go, you are admitting to the obvious finally

>But your rant is wrong, in general.
you are getting warmer
>in general.
hot fucking very HOT
IN GENERAL, but not if you look at it in detailed way

>and leave the black

First the French cocksucker stole the coffee press idea from Italian designer and patented before Italian guy did and called it 'french press',
and now French cocksuckers influenced the proper spelling of the another Italian invention making coffee by fast forcing steam through grounded coffee beans.

Fucking French cocksuckers. Time for fucking war. Enough is enough.And that bitch European Union is quiet about it.

why does coffee make me tired after 12 pm

what type of coffee grinder you are using?

>drink more than 2 cups
>cant sleep
>any less
>migraines
I fell for the cawfee meme

maybe coffee you drinking had this toxic mold on it, many people get sick from coffee not really knowing that it is the coffee that got them sick.

hmmmm

There is nothing worst to our health than drinking dark roasted coffee that was covered with toxic molds before roasting.
coffee industry could be so ugly and greedy.
you have to look for honest roasters, even then its hard to make sure that they tell the truth.
that's why I cut down significantly on my coffee intake, one cup /day brewed at home.

the original guy was defending the lido against electronic grinders at the same price point
it's just a shitty forced meme

>Handsome
post black coffee instead

Best mill.

anyone have a digital copy of world atlas of coffee or everything but espresso?
nothing on libgen, book ircs, google, etc.

gas mask,who knew I will need one.
I'm ready to open this thread YOU fagGOAT fuCkers lets mingle you coffee surfers...

post smaller picture of it and no additional info, not even fucking name of it.
that way we will get fucking exited about it and comment on it.

/
/
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
! ! ! 1 ! ! ! ! !

^ ^^ ^ ^^ ^ ^^
>?>?>?>?

taking coffee to the next level I guess..kek

this post looks so red -so bloody
kek

OK, fuck you tough coffee snobs rich guys, I'm switching to instant coffee, leave me alone.

>instant coffee never hurt anybody

Only brutal savages can maintain this level of coffee pathology and severe income intolerance mixed with income shaming.

I'm so glad that I'm vegan and that I'm transforming into oxy.
Fuck the rich meat eating coffee grinder snobs.
I'm speechless now

do you have ADD? stimulants act differently on people with ADD, they make it easier to think without really revving you up. personally I've found the added focusing ability can actually be very calming if there's shit I need to do or something stressing me out, because I can actually focus enough to do something about it.

go for it man. there are some pretty decent instant coffees out there.

STARBUCKS Coffee is evil, it killed my Caffe ambiance dreams.
Every time I hear homo barista voice at fucking Starbucks place I puke at the sound of that coffee faggot's voice.

starbucks is literally a fast food restaurant, I don't know what "ambiance" you expect to find

I hate how all coffee shops near me have become knock-off starbucks, they even sell prepackaged sandwiches and frappes by default and they assume you mean iced when you ask for espresso drinks.

Is saying covfefe a ban able offense in these threads

covfefe

>Is saying covfefe a ban able offense in these threads
Well faggot, you are for sure trying to stir the coffee pot here, but we are Super Aware of assholes like you who are trying to muddy up the pot.
So you know what, YOU rich arrogant $500 coffee grinder faggot, politely FuckOff,the minimal differences between few nano elements in grounded coffee will not bring divisions
between serious coffee brewers, BUT if you guys gays show up at our gatherings we will find ways to poison you, for sure, count on it degenerates, we don't need you in our surroundings.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! !!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know what Uuu white fagotz in America.
If you don't agree with our rules we will make you to drink shitty office coffee,
or you will suck our dicks and buy our over-priced coffee beans and imply that you are smart.
being smart by being smart because you are smart because some family member is smart thinking that you are smart is not very smart.
---you are dumb monkeys,

fuck you
I
can't take
this
any--moorree Arabica cofii

me too
fuck the cofii

>
fuck you you coffee drinkers let's drink shitty coffee in the morning because all the coffee drinking assholes are still a'sleep at this time.

>huge disappointment
>hoping for free cocksucking from the female barristass
fuck the faggots baristass and keep barristing

FUCK YOU COFFEE THREAD.
I'M GOING TO SLEEP NOW.

COFFEE YOU ARE BITCH SLOT CUNT
FUCK YOU AND YOUR ROOTS