Ok ck, got a question

Ok ck, got a question.
I love bread, I love makeing it, but my wrists are going to shit, my feet hurt and my back sucks, each one makes making bread by hand a bitch, combined, near impossible.
So im looking at stand mixers and it seems like kitchen aid is the brand to go with.
However those prices are fucking hard to swallow.

Are there any good cheap mixers capable of handling bread and other bullshit in at least 6 cups of shit quantities? Also, because a refurbished kitchenaid mixer seems to cost nearly half price, how use serviceable are they? are parts readily available if I can find what broke, or am I going to jerry rig something/custom order parts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F5mBOGte5Zo
youtube.com/watch?v=0qKp-0h9P18&pbjreload=10
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You might be the first person in history who actually bakes to buy a stand mixer, 99.99% of them are bought to post on instagram

I just use a used bread machine I bought for $10 on craigslist for my kneading. It's got a nonstick interior so I can remove the dough when it's done, and cleanup is super easy (just wipe with a paper towel if that). Also keeps the dough warm enough to rise if I'm baking in the depths of winter and I'm not doing a cold ferment or some such thing, although it's a primitive program (like 2 hours or something like that). I haven't used it for the bake function in a few years but that can be done too, of course.

The brad machine this triggers people who don't actually cook because having a bread machine looks like something that people who don't cook would own, and people who don't cook are desperate for accessories that make it look like they cook. But whatever, I don't have any instagram followers. If you need to worry about those get the KA.

Bread kneading is actually not a big deal, most dirt cheap machines with dough hooks can do them. My £40 mixer kneads well enough (even if it's about as durable as a wet paper bag)

Get the Kitchenaid, and get the good model like you pictured. It's worth the price.

This post sounds like it was made by someone assblasted because he can't afford even a rebuilt KA. The KA isn't just for kneading bread doughs it is used for mixing custards, cakes, whipping egg whites/mashed potatoes, and countless other tasks. It also has attachments for grinding meat, rolling pasta, stuffing sausage. It isn't just a stupid unitasker for making bread and unless you're pants on head retarded would never be used for the baking which comes out like shit.

tl;dr I use my KA so often it stays out on the counter and I generally don't keep appliances on the counter.

Calm down there buddy

>I have $300 so I am rich
Congratulations, sugar tits

Maybe you should ban me again

bread machines heat the dough, ka mixers cannot.

She looks a little like that awful woman /pol/ obsess about.
Can she cook?

>Maybe you should ban me again

What did he mean by this?

Of course she can, she has a KA™ Stand Mixer that stays on her counter, and she generally doesn't keep appliances on her counter

I dunno but I want to breed her

From the thumbnail, I thought it was another one of those BLACKED edits

While a bread machine would fix an immediate problem of it being hard for me to make bread, I think the stand mixer would be better long term if only because it can be more versatile in what I can do with it.

ony of my main concerns is being able to do mix hard shit to mix. bread is tough, but a few other things I like easily kick breads ass and it seems like lesser machines struggle even with bread would just stall out on the tougher shit.

worth it no doubt, but as i would be getting refurbished with a 60 day warranty, which may or may not be honored, I have concerns dumping 200~ $ on one especially if it's not user serviceable at all.

---------

Anyone able to comment about durability/serviceability?

>serviceability

I blew one of my KA's out by trying to grind 10lbs of meat with it. Granted, I'd used it a lot before. I broke it down (it's easy, just unscrew and pop off the cover) and the engine and drive shaft are exposed. I could see where a gear in the drive assembly had fallen apart, but I searched and could not find even the complete drive assembly to buy although it would have been simple to replace. And I've replaced oven coils and even range circuit boards, so it's not babby's first attempt at appliance repair.

that's what you get for not buying a grinder that costs at least $500

I've got one. I make a loaf of 4 grain once a week with it and it's pretty damn hardy.

I got mine off a job but look on cl or offerup or pawn stores. You can get one as low as 150 there. Try it out first obviously, check for a scratch and maybe ask for 50 off if you see one. Ya know haggle. But honestly a lot of people get these things and then don't use them near as much as they thought they would so they're often sold so lightly used it might as well be new.

It does make so much of baking easier after I'd spent so much of my life doing it all by hand.

this is why you don't buy KA's with plastic gears. you have to be careful and choose the models which aren't complete crap

>look on cl or offerup or pawn stores

Don't forget garage sales. I have a friend who's into baking and she has 4 KA mixers. The most she paid for any one of them was $50. She found all of them at garage sales.

That's damn true but I'm shit with garage sells.

God if you're lucky you get some good shit at those since average people have no clue how much that stuff is worth. Plus they already wanna get rid of it all.

I had to stop making bread because it was going to make me fat

>durability
My mom's one is at least 15 years old, the only thing that broke once was an attachment.
Be careful with the model you get though you need the good one not the cheap version.
Bread attachment is pretty good, get a second bowl while you're at it it's always usefull if you love to bake things.

all you need to know.

youtube.com/watch?v=F5mBOGte5Zo

did you reply to the wrong post?

I have a kitchen aid mixer, but my husband is also a doctor.

I love it. We use it about 2 to 4 times a month for the last 2 years.

If it breaks we will just buy a new one.

I assume he had a metal gearbox and one of the power metal gear went to shit inside.

True, right now my main concern is bread, pizza dough, so on so forth, just made some more last night and i had to take 3 breaks just mixing it... yea, hands going to shit kind of hard on me.

I want to avoid the costco version of it because they aren't compatible with the rest of the kitchenaid lineup, at least bowel wise.

but as for the machine itself, seeing refurbished ones, and they only come with 1 year warranties when new is concerning to me a bit, at least when i'm going to plop several hundred down on something.

Yeah, that is what happened. When I popped the housing cover the driveshaft and gear components were all metal. That's why I simply wanted to buy a new drive assembly but could not find one on the internet.

It was partially my fault that I blew out a gear. I had it for several years and ground a shitload of venison and other meats at a speed of 8 for making sausage. After that gear blew out, I looked it up and it said don't exceed speed level 4 with the grinder. I'm just pissed they won't sell a new drive assembly.

Call me a cuck if you want, but I bought another one immediatley anyway; I can't live without it.

check ebay, I think I found gearboxes when looking for mixers there.

Hobbart bitch, or Blazer. We had them at the bakery. Heavy duty machines. Never broke

Fucking hell that sucks, not the video, the results, they give me a 350$ minimum option and a 170$ one but the 170$ option has the failure point I thought it would. they tested the 600 that I am looking at, but you have to go to the site for more details, at which point they pay wall you from it.

If I buy new, I get the year warranty
If I buy used, I get 60 day with a 70% chance of defective on arrival, but if it works, I would likely have to purposefully break it to break it.

for what they cost they better never break, this looks to be well out of my price range.

I would likely be using it 2-3 times a week,
pizza dough
buns
Bread

and whatever else I can think of to make with it, would likely try to make a from scratch cake once with it just because I can.

While I would love to buy one and when it breaks replace it, money at least on my end is tight for spending on shit like this.

I don't want something cheap that won't do the fucking job more than 5 times, but I also don't want to pay for something that was intended to be used 24/7 for years as that durability comes at a heavy cost.

Price may be a little high, in my country the 7lt blazer batter costs about the same as the kitchen aid, still more capacity and less likely to break in my opinion, the 20lt costs a little bit more, but we use that for bakery business, if you are looking for something cheaper I suggest you to buy the 7lt or the kitchen aid for less kitchen space.

Of anyone is curious on a teardown of a kitchenaid, you can check this out
youtube.com/watch?v=0qKp-0h9P18&pbjreload=10

4 grain recipe please?

>
>4 grain recipe please?
Bump

That doesn't help on where to order replacement parts. Any brain dead extra chromosome fuck can pop off the housing and examine the engine and drive train. Where can you buy those components, fuckstick?

I don't know where to buy the components. The vid was intended to alleviate the concerns regarding its durability, not as a how to unscrew some stuff. Hopefully you can see from the vid that the potential need for replacement parts is near nil

;_;

>If I buy new, I get the year warranty

Things don't break during the warranty period.

Buy used. It likely just sat on a counter collecting dust

used is refurbished, implying the thing was actually fucking broke and the person repaired it.

and according to the video above, new 4.5 quart will break in the place I expected it to, the neck, the 600 im looking at is a step down from the pro like they said won, but is also cheaper and you bring the bowel up for this one too. I am a bit concerned about the failure point there.

>used is refurbished, implying the thing was actually fucking broke and the person repaired it.

Doesn't mean it broke under warranty, my friend

yea I know it doesn't mean that, but they come with 60 day ones that amazon will honor even if the seller is a cunt, apparently they send out 20-30% broken units.

Are you OP?

You seem extremely concerned about spending this kind of money. I am not trying to belittle you, it is actually commendable that you do not frivolously spend money.

Do you mind sharing some details of your financial situation? It might help us justify one way or another for you.

Go easy on white flour before you get appendicitis.