Is Takoyaki supposed to taste like UNCOOKED and SOFT pancake batter mixed with octopus and sauce?

Is Takoyaki supposed to taste like UNCOOKED and SOFT pancake batter mixed with octopus and sauce?

or did the restaurant I first tried them in make them really uncooked and soft

they looked so delicious in anime...

Saw these in haruhi last night and was wondering what they were. how was the taste?

like soft pancake batter with octopus in it and jap flavors

I wish they cooked it more

was the fuck was it so soft though, not good

its not at all like what I expected from watching anime

Jesus, bro.

I bought Takoyaki pre frozen from a grocery store and they tasted a million times better. What was the name of this trainwreck of an establishment?!

Real takoyaki is supposed to be gooey and soft in the middle.

It's a stark different to the hardened dough balls you find throughout the rest of the world. I've been to japan and tried them all.

Yes.

I had them once (from a Japanese cook) and it was rather bland.
Several sweets and cakes in Japan were also disappointgly bland. They looked good though.

>its not at all like what I expected from watching anime
Wow really??

>Is Takoyaki supposed to taste like UNCOOKED and SOFT pancake batter mixed with octopus and sauce?
yes
hope that helps

Subtlety is the game, you Amerifat

The inside should be soft and creamy. The outside should be slightly hard but not to the point where you get an audible crunch when you bite into them.

Does Japan ever make a takoyaki like ball with oyster or clams instead of octopus?

Probably. You can get them with all kinds of filling. Cheese is popular, since, as everyone is pointing out, takoyaki are soft on the inside.

this. western palattes are so out of wack do to everything being salted or oversweetened to all fuck. you lose the ability to sense discrete contrast

>anime

>western palattes are so out of wack do to everything being salted or oversweetened to all fuck

Chinese too... chinese food often uses shit tier ingredients & needs all that salt, msg, and fucking spices to hide the taint.

Pretty much all the chinese restaurants I have line cooked in all use expired meats and old vegetables they get for pennies on the dollar from their local grocer.

>Is Takoyaki supposed to taste like UNCOOKED and SOFT pancake batter mixed with octopus and sauce?

Yes. This is exactly what takoyaki should be. Moist/fluffy in the middle.

If you're eating dry takoyaki, you're eating shit.

>jpg

Japanese food fucking sucks.

takoyaki is shit. I love octopus, but they taste like dough balls and sauce. Super appetizing looking, but terribly disappointing.

is this true?

it looks so good in the anime

is there other food that looks similar to takoyaki but actually tastes good?

Okonomiyaki

This sounds gross. I think I'd rather have octopus with a corndog like batter.

Then go eat Kushikatsu.
It's literally whatever you want, deep fried and skewered.

You've tried ALL the dough balls in the world?!?

Mine are always crispy. A takoyaki food cart just opened near my apartment in Portland. $5 for 6 and you can ask for crispy cheese on top

>food not how it looks in anime
Who cares nigga how does it taste, if you don't like it make your own and make it better

every time I've gotten them they are soft in the middle. They arent liquid batter but they aren't fully cooked through so it's intentionally a little mushy

such a weird thing
>fried pancake full of octopus
>covered in mayonnaise, bbq sauce, bonito flakes
really a weird ass snack

>using a 1080p webm as a reaction image

>tfw there are people on Veeky Forums who hasn't had takoyaki

>inb4 weeb -- it's literally the most entry-level jap food after sushi

Nothing beats Takoyaki from Osaka. Isn't the same anywhere else (even in other parts of Japan).

>cucks

Have you ever tasted sweets made from azuki beans paste in Japan? They look good but all taste the same and rather bland.

Yep. That's exactly what they're supposed to taste like. It's Japanese drunk-food. You get these when you're drunk in public and need a snack before hitting another bar, or when you're at some outdoor event or festival.

Then after midnight when you miss last train you get a bowl of ramen from a van in an alley.

Yes
I was surprised by this too but still liked them.

japanese street food is better than their fancy food
That's true for most other places tho.

>mfw a couple from Osaka moved into my city a few years ago and started selling Takoyaki and Okonomiyaki

did you rape their daughter? what's the significance of cosby?

I did yes but that's not Veeky Forums related

Fried octopus is takoyaki
Fried squid is ikayaki
Fried oyster is kakiyaki

>Okonomiyaki
God damn this shit is fucking delicious