How do I make blacked chicken?

How do I make blacked chicken?

Other urls found in this thread:

allrecipes.com/recipe/8571/blackened-chicken/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

cook chicken til its done but then keep going

wa la

don't be a turd

Make a seasoning mix with a bit of flour, coat chicken, fry, season again, turn up heat, sear.

allrecipes.com/recipe/8571/blackened-chicken/

I was going to make an image with chicken and the blacked logo, but I got too turned on in image search. Time whack it.

Remember this is a dangerous recipe

Meant for

this entire review reads like a trump tweet

Drag a bucket of it through the hood

Buy from Sweden

Easy route is to use a Paul Prudhomme spice blend off the shelf. Get a cast iron skillet nice and hot, season chicken liberally, melt some butter in the pan, and cook your chicken.

I make the seasoning myself, but the Paul Prudhomme stuff is legit.

That's a homestyle version of the recipe. The real thing as invented by Prudhomme is impossible to make indoors without a commercial-grade vent hood, but it's easily done outside on a big propane burner, like a "turkey fryer".

-coat chicken with melted butter and blackening spices. (there is no flour).

-Heat an iron or carbon steel pan over a high gas flame until the pan turns an ashy white color. It should be so hot that the seasoning is literally burned off. If you were to view the pan in low light then it will literally be glowing a dull red-hot.

-Put chicken in the pan. It will immediately start to smoke like mad, which is why you cannot do this indoors. The chicken never actually touches the pan because it instead will glide across the surface on a cushion of vapor (liedenfrost effect). Cook for a minute or two on the first side. Flip and repeat.

Pic very related. Blackened catfish. The burner is 200,000 btu. Takes 45 seconds per side.

>but the Paul Prudhomme stuff is legit.

Well yeah, he did invent the recipe. But it should be cooked over insanely high heat as described in , not merely "fried in a pan"

every time anything on the internet contains a (!) or an (...) it's a sure indicator that the author is either (1) an old person just learning to use the internet or (2) below the age of 13.

That's why I called it the easy route

>Cook for a minute or two on the first side. Flip and repeat.
This sounds awfully short, even with such a high heat. Will this actually cook the chicken through?

I once had myself a nice little Black chick down in New Orleans.

Now it burns when I pee.

It wouldn't cook through if you had a big thick chicken breast, but it works great if you butterfly it or pound it out with a meat hammer.

That's something you should be doing anyway, even if you do a basic pan-fry. The natural shape of a chicken breast means that by the time the thick part is cooked properly the thinner end will be overcooked and dry. Anytime you cook chicken breast you should make sure it's of uniform thickness so it cooks evenly.

Marinate in yoghurt and some paprika and some spices . Marinate. Put in oven for 20 mins .
Look up tandoori chicken. It comes out great even in a normal oven

>Well yeah, he did invent the recipe.
Did he invent blackened fish as well?
Bollocks

Every single recipe on Allrecipes is bad.

Once you go black....

>Did he invent blackened fish as well?

Yes, he really did. The fish came first, in fact. Google it.

Why do you lads want cancer?

Properly made blackened chicken is not burnt, therefore there is no cancer risk.

Even if it was burnt by an inept cook the risk is so small that it's negligible.

Comes out like this .

You have bad credit

i can't believe no one posted a picture of the black guy from blacked.cm holding a live chickens head against his thigh

it's "blackened" you stupid cuck

tldr;
coat breast with thick crust of Cajun spice blend, get some oil really fucking hot in a pan, drop breast in pan to form dark crust without burning to shit, flip it, throw it in oven to finish cooking center if need be.

>they're actually qt

REEEEEEEEEE

>buy chicken
>have nigger fuck it
>eat the cum-covered chicken you degenerate filth

Steal it.

Used to make a mean blackened chicken. It's one of those "niggers need too many spices to make food taste good" things.

That's Daddy's good girl, take the superior nigger seed.

I order BLACKED chicken every time me and my white wife go out and get a black waiter. If you know what I mean. ;^)

This photo would not have made me angry five years ago.
What the fuck happened to me :(

Do you dry your chicken fillets before you put the spices on? I've been doing that and i dunno if im supposed to.

Yes. Any time you cook meat or fish in a pan you should wipe it dry before it goes in the pan. If there is moisture on the surface it will splatter and interfere with proper browning.

this is especially true if you marinaded the meat. Make sure you wipe off all the marinade otherwise it will burn well before the food is cooked through.

You grew up

Blackened chikuns need to be exxxxtra T H I C C an juicy.

>marinaded
*marinated

>
>>Well yeah, he did invent the recipe.
>Did he invent blackened fish as well?
>Bollocks
>
>>Did he invent blackened fish as well?
>Yes, he really did. The fish came first, in fact. Google it.

Yes indeed. It was blackened redfish specifically. It was such a sensation, the breeding stocks of that fish nearly went extinct. It probably yet will...
But from the kerfluffle of responsibility for depleting the very delicious redfish, alternative dishes were put on the menu, from blackened chicken to to blackened grouper, whatever they could do. He didn't call his seasoning "blackened" but "Magic" and guarded the recipe for years. KPauls is/was a great place to eat for chefs to pick up on technique.

To me the charring spice is mostly the paprika, followed by the thyme. If you were to mock up something at home, as user's said, you need to be prepared for the fire alarm to go off, when finely ground spices "burn," if you don't have a proper hood, but you basically coat the side of some flesh with seasoning, and quickly fry. I particularly like a blackened ribeye or previously roasted prime rib. I put it on the grll, and you can certainly move your cast iron out to your gas grill, but be prepared to not really put it full heat. Be sure to hit it with a pat of seasoned butter when you remove from the heat too. The butter is part of the recipe.

RIP Paul. You're a legend!