Is seitan just a meme food? Im looking to make some

Is seitan just a meme food? Im looking to make some.

Solid protein source if you're looking for a meat alternative.

If you're worrying about something being a meme food and ask Veeky Forums to allow you to cook it, you should probably not eat anything anymore and starve to death like the massive faggot you are

This. All foods are fucking memes.

>seitan
>ludicrous false dichotomy where it has to be the body of Christ or literally cancer with no neutral position at any time

Fucking Dr. Axe, I swear to God.

Seitan is tasty, has a satisfying chewy texture and is pretty easy to make. A bag of gluten makes a whole lot of servings, so making it is also economical. It's just food. Eat it or don't.

>the body of Christ or literally cancer
Exactly - eat it if you want and don't if you don't.
Just don't get fat

It's the anti meme. Do you want to be a gluten free fag or be ALL of the gluten? You decide.

Seitan, BEGONE!

It tastes way better than either tofu or tempeh, and you don't have to worry about the broscience shitposters.

>meat alternative
haha fucking pussy

Why?

why do you need a meat """alternative""" when meat is cheap, viable, and nutritious?

How dare you call the world champ a meme?

>more calories than meat
>none of the flavor of meat
For what purpose

You know why.

Also seitan is cheaper, at least around here - it costs the equivalent of $1,25 per pound chicken breasts. Beans are even cheaper.

but it doesn't have more calories.

Yes it does.

I think it has to be combined with rice to form a complete protein, but assuming you get a decent amino acid profile, seitan is an outright awesome food for vegans/vegetarians looking to substitute something for meat. I've never made it myself but I've had it in meals at vegan restaurants and it can be absolutely fantastic. One of my favorite dishes is I've had is a seitan reuben that tasted like any other great reuben, the stuff works perfectly as a substitute for meat in the right hands.

Well that's by weight. Are you aware that pork tenderloin (for example) is 70 percent water. Vital wheat gluten is only 8 percent water.That 100g of vital wheat gluten also contains 75g of protein, compared to 25g in 100g of meat. Adjusted for similar protein amounts, meat has more calories (but only barely.)

how does that matter whatsoever, you could say the same of fucking broccoli against meat if you "adjust for similar protein amounts"

No. Seitan is delicious and nutritious.

>Is seitan an element of a culture or system of behaviour passed from one individual to another by imitation or other non-genetic means?
Retad.

Its tasty 2bh

It matters a little bit here because comparing wheat gluten to meat does not account for the water you usually add to the wheat gluten to make seitan. (Also broccoli would have nearly double the calories, because it contains a considerable amount of carbohydrates whereas meat and wheat gluten mostly don't.)

Honestly, I'm just trying to understand the significance of saying something has more calories than another thing. It's a fairly useless metric. It literally means something has less water.

Like when companies put "20 calories per serving!" on a jug of almond milk. Literally all they are advertising to you is "hey we're selling you really expensive water."

it's tasty if spiced well. seitan o greatness is a good recipe

i wouldn't consider it healthy though. it's the opposite of a whole food. it's just gluten