Is this the sweetest apple ever invented?

Is this the sweetest apple ever invented?
Got one at wal mart last week and it was amazing.
Have not been able to find any more though.

I will go on a quest to find this sweetest apple ever invented. Thank you OP for the challenge is accepted.

Never had a koru but it looks alot like a lunchbox fuji

The sweetest apple is a banana

>invented

> (OP)
>>invented
He should have said best cultivar created... oh well.

My favorite juicing apple is honeycrisp, a very unique flavor. I'll spend double the price, happily, for honeycrisp juice.
My favorites for eating out of hand, are Fuji and newly available Ambrosia and Jazz. I don't even mind the dipped Grapple. I enjoy different flavors, so can't or won't pick an exact favorite.
For cooking, like fried apples, or pie usage, it's granny smith for me, or braeburn.

Jazz taste good but are straight up meme priced at my krogers compared to fuji or gala.

Pretty sure it has to be some kind of GMO to be this sweet so yeah, invented.
Apples dont have selective breeding.

>Apples dont have selective breeding.

Being this retarded.....

god fucking damn it i hate the sweet apple meme so hard

crunchy tart apples are the patrician choice

For me its the honeycrisp, the best apple.

Are they special snowflake priced? If not, the may be my go to apple on the rare occasions when I go shopping.

Honeycrisp is best, but it's so damn expensive.

Last time I got some it was like $10 for five fucking apples.

no, those would be Ambrosia

>Are they special snowflake priced? If
Yes.
Really expensive even at wal mart

>Apples dont have selective breeding.
This board is so stupid.

You're really dumb. I believe botany exists as a 5th grade science curriculum. I guess you quit school, and you certainly aren't a foodie or industry person of any intelligence.

For the record, GMO apples are fairly new, like only since 2016 and was pretty huge news last year in the media, if you weren't asleep, and the only GMO modification is an anti-browning effect for sliced fruit, so useful for packets for kids schools with those little caramel dippers or mcdonalds sides, so they don't need to sprinkle them with acidulated water and anti spoilage chemicals. Might see some apple pieces in bagged salad kits, that kind of thing.

Not going to GMO whole fruit sold though, for cost reasons.

Read the botany of desire.
You cannot grow a similar apple from an apple seed.
A golden delicious seed will grow an apple tree of entirely unknown characteristics.
All apples you buy are from clones of freakish one off mutants.
Selective breeding is useless with apples, citrus , bananas and many other fruits.
Read a book nigger

>falling for the kuckru

I just got 5 for about six buck.
They are about 2.50 a pound but so are all the high end apples

>not an apple guy
>decide to buy apples on a whim
>see Delicious Red apples
>they look great, buy 'em
worst fucking apples in the world

Fuck you pink lady apples are the best

this desu

Hell yes, give me a macintosh that actually tastes like a real apple and some cheddar over all those garbage fujigalalady crap

Just go through self checkout and price some/all of them as cheaper apples. This isnt difficult

Red delicious apples used to be good but havent been for decades now

Try something else. Get an Ambrosia or hell, just a plain Fuji apple. Never go Red Delicious

>find an apple I like
>buy them all the time
>they get popular everywhere
>start tasting like shit
>struggle to find new apple

RIP Pink Ladies, you deserved better

To be fair one honeycrisp is really 2 apples

Are you a black man?

>buying unpackaged produce at walmart

Something about it just grosses me the fuck out. People finger fucking the produce and dropping it on the floor all day. I don't know where those fucks have been.

This.

Pink Ladies are the superior sweet apple.

>finger fucking the produce
I have never seen this happen

You've never seen someone at a market pick up a piece of produce, handle it a bit, and then put it back?

Protip for 'spergs and people with the 'tism: "finger fucking", in this context, simply means touching things. It doesn't mean literally making a hole in the food and thrusting their finger inside in the manner of intercourse. It's simple hyperbole.

I tend to be disappointed by the McIntosh's I can find. Leathery skin, mealy flesh.

Pink Lady is a nice, high quality apple that got bumped off the retarded price tier.

This is why you don't buy fruit with cuts on the skin and you wash them. If you go shopping and touch door or basket/cart handles and don't wash your hands before touching your face or personal objects you're missing the biggest disease vectors anyway.

Thanks for providing such astute clarification, user.

>simple hyperbole
Excessive hyperbole

the Honeycrisp, once slated to be discarded, has rapidly become a prized commercial commodity, as its sweetness, firmness, and tartness make it an ideal apple for eating raw.
It has much larger cells than most apples, which rupture when bitten to fill the mouth with juice.
Not unlike my pens.

>pens
You misspelled penus