I'm about to lose my fucking shit

I'm about to lose my fucking shit

No exaggeration here, every single fucking time I have attempted to make hard boiled eggs over the last 5 years they never fucking work. I have tried every fucking method and yet whenever it comes time to peel them the shells always stick to the egg white and tear it to pieces when I'm trying to get the shell off. I cannot recall one single time where the shell has come off smoothly and without sticking to the egg. What the fuck could I possibly be doing wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bwnsAH3-6II
seriouseats.com/recipes/2009/10/perfect-boiled-eggs-recipe.html
youtu.be/idAUo_fyHW4?t=496
youtu.be/FkWISKfgqZ0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Salt and vinegar in the water, makes the shells not stick.

Hot start, nigga. Letting them sit in the cold water while it warms up will fuck you every time, gently drop them in once the water's boiling instead

That's BS. Sticking simply occurs when the egg is very fresh. Let the eggs sit for a week or two (which is better for the aroma anyway) and the shell will come without any issues.

Try peeling them before putting them in the hot water, so the flesh doesn't stick to the skin when they cook.

youtube.com/watch?v=bwnsAH3-6II

ITT: old wives and their tales

>have to boil the egg for 15 - 20 minutes
No thanks.

This

Here's what I do which works every single time and I never have an issue shelling them.

>Fill out with about 1 inch of water and cover and boil
>Once boiling, gently lay your eggs in with a spoon or something
>Cover and put timer for 6.5 minutes
>Once done immediately uncover and run cold water over them for a minute or so
>Take out the eggs one at a time, roll them gently on counter or cutting board while applying enough pressure to crack the shell all over. It becomes extremely easy to peel, just dip in the water to help he process while you peel. This is probably one of the only actually useful things I learned from Alton Brown.

Wa-la ur eggs r done boi

Note: this is more for small batches of eggs, for larger batches just fill a pot with water, add eggs, put on stove and boil, then as soon as it comes to a boil put a timer for 8 minutes and immediately dump most of the water (dont want to dump the eggs) and then run under cold water, et al

It's not how you cook them, it's your being a fat fingered faggot that can't exercise the fine motor skills needed to peel the shells off correctly.

seriouseats.com/recipes/2009/10/perfect-boiled-eggs-recipe.html

use older eggs too

Eggs gotta be shiverin cold before the shell will come off easy

Stop buying fresh eggs and go to your country's equivalent of walmart

I've tried this exact method dozens of times and it always fails

BUT I actually just boiled eggs and they turned out perfect in a method I formed out of pure rage. I just put eggs in water on the stove, turned it up to the highest possible setting, angrily dumped a heaping amount of salt in the water, and let them boil for over 20 minutes straight on high. Once I cracked the shells they slid right off with absolutely no problem

This. Very fresh eggs are a bitch to peel.

poach new eggs, hardboil old eggs

everytime someone has an issue with either it's due to the age of the egg and the albumin sticking or not sticking together firmly

>wa-la

Lmao

This is the only correct answer. I make pickled eggs in 4 doz eggs batches, I learned that lesson quickly

put eggs in pot and cover with water
put on stove and turn heat to high
as soon as it reaches boiling, cover pot with lid and turn heat off
let sit ten minutes
put eggs in bowl of cold water until they are cooled(if i'm impatient i just put them under cold running water for a minute or so and its good enough)
peel

It also helps me to start at the top or bottom of the egg where there is a little air pocket so if you crack too aggressively it won't fuck the egg up.

Boiling an egg takes 10 minutes. Perhaps you are retarded.

I bring water to a full boil, then add the eggs, don't cover, cook for 10 minutes, take the eggs out and put in a bowl of cold water and let them sit for about 20 minutes then roll the eggs until the middle cracks open and start peeling.

>All these random fucking ideas
Run the stupid thing under cold water when you peel it, what the fuck?

thanks for this

>no exaggeration
Not
>no eggs-aggeration
Wasted opportunities there OP

let me guess: you are a Europoor who doesn't refrigerate his eggs. you have only yourself to blame.

THIS PICTURE IS FUCKING WITH MY EYES

Why bother? Hardboiled eggs are gross. They smell like farts and taste like ass.

Peel the eggs under cold running water. It always works for me.

the key is only cooking them with the heat source preheated, otherwise the membrane sticks to the egg. I steam them for 12 minutes, comes out perfect every time

Use a pressure cooker.
>citation Ruhlmans Egg

>They smell like farts and taste like ass.
Only if you are too dumb to cook them right. If they are like that you have wayyy overcooked them.

That is bullshit too. I NEVER preheat the heat source, no matter whether I make them in my egg steamer nor in boiling water in a pot. It makes no difference at all.

could be the eggs. Next time, after cooking, just crack the shells and place the eggs in cold water for a minute.

I steam them. Put em about 15 minutes in my food steamer and it comes out fine 95% of the time. Occasionally a shell will stick but I think it's just a defective egg. Works way better than boiling, is my point.

Steam, don't boil

Ignore all these idiots

Boil for 10 mins, let em soak for 20 mins

They will peel like nothing

>Try peeling them before putting them in the hot water, so the flesh doesn't stick to the skin when they cook.
>This

Dunk the hot eggs in ice water.

The thermal shock loosens the shell.

Soak in coca cola so you don't even need to remove shell

I do it every time and it turns out great

I did this because when I had to cook a few dozen every day for a salad bar. The eggs were still very hot and the water ensures no shell left behind.

I'm a steamer too. Haven't looked back since I started

youtu.be/idAUo_fyHW4?t=496

such an obvious yolk

Very gently make a small pinhole with a pushpin or needle in the larger end of the eggshell without penetrating too deeply prior to boiling. After boiling place the eggs under cold or room temperature water, then gently crack the shells into small fractures all over. Roll the eggs underwater between your hands until the membranes loosen and the shell + membranes slide off in one piece like little coats.

Many times you can just squeeze the cracked shells and the eggs pop out. Used to work for a caterer who had me peeling hundreds of boiled eggs a day. I needed most of them to be perfect for the events.

Fill pot with cold water, add eggs. Apply high heat. Once at a rolling boil remove from heat and cover for 15 minutes.
Then dump the hot water and let cold water run on them for about 5 minutes.
Now here's the secret to peeling....
Take a drinking glass and put one egg in it. Add enough water to cover the egg. Cover the top of the glass tightly and shake the piss out of the egg.
Voila. Whole she'll come off no fuss.
youtu.be/FkWISKfgqZ0
Works. Every. Time.

>Voila

Not wa-la

start from cold tap water
high heat, when it reaches the boil count 8 minutes
dump the eggs into a colander and smash the shells by tossing them
transfer eggs into ice bath and peel them under the water

you might still get a few that "tear" but who cares

it went better than expected

this. except for the aroma thing, i'm not sure if it's true

15minutes is for hardboiled faggot

It takes less time during the summer than in the winter. So a 3 minute egg (heat off after boil is reached) is never just a 3 minute egg. You need to know that for your chosen consistency it can vary by 1-2 mins depending on water temp and air temp.

>eggsaggeration

What I do.

First, boil to desired doneness. Leave the water boiling and pull out the eggs. Then ice bath them to cool down. Let them sit for a while till they're ice cold, then put them back into the boiling water for 30 seconds then pull and ice bath them again. Peel and enjoy! Never have to worry about the shell sticking again.

>complains about random ideas
>adds random idea with no explanation

not even disputing it works but holy shit that hypocrisy