Okay so I'm not against drinking hell I'll knock a few back every now and then and have shots when I have a night out...

Okay so I'm not against drinking hell I'll knock a few back every now and then and have shots when I have a night out or I'm home playing some vidya, but God damn the fucking alcohol threads seem to plague this board.
>but user it's a drink
Its something that you could shitpost about literally anywhere else, and in its place we could actually be having actual discussions about food/cooking which is the whole point of this board.
Anyone agree or am I just fucking autistic?

Well, I guess this thread is as good as any

What's your favorite hot summer evening drink?

Call me weird but I like a powerful red wine, Priorat or something along those lines. I drink it with the AC turned up so high I have to wear flannel pajamas

But in the depths winter I'm likely to drink rose wine and witbiers and stuff like that. It reminds me of summer

I see what you did there. At least this time in made me laugh.

They think they're special because their dads got shitfaced when they were kids and beat them on the daily. So they ended up like alcoholics hemselves and now spend every living hour on this vietnamese checkers forum justifying their faith to other alcoholic assholes.

They're pretty much the scum of the world

I'm not saying they are scum I just think we could be talking about literally anything else on a cooking board and I don't see why we aren't.

Nice, I guess it's the "best summer hits are made in the winter" effect. Nostalgia's powerful.

>I just think we could be talking about literally anything else on a cooking board and I don't see why we aren't.

Says the kid who made the thread to talk about it too instead of just taking 3 seconds to make a filter

You're an even bigger attention whore than they are

jej
>don't talk about it just put a filter so retards can ruin the board for everyone who is new
That's why were a slow board

Bump

desu the posts in those alck threads, are helping me coping with creeping alcoholism. i have not been beaten as a child, or molested, or anything of the sort. i have just been drinking too much for too long, and after seeing those threads, i saw some of the warning signs from others in my own actions. It has helped me slow down and avoid a dangerous path to becoming a functioning alcoholic. Now i enjoy alcohol two times a month, and enjoy it far more than being hammered every time i get the chance.
sorry for pissing on your parade, but maybe some of those poor souls just need a place to vent. and if that in the process can help a few anons like myself, then what´s the harm?

btw ive been a chef for ten years, lets have some questions and or discussions then.

That's awesome that it helped you I honestly never really looked at it that way. I'm really interested in cooking and do all of the cooking where I live, I have browsed here every day for about a year now and am thinking of attending culinary school sometime soon. Any tips for people thinking of getting into the business?

From the way you converse I can tell you would fit right in on Reddit.

This, honestly. Hearing the stories of other people going through withdrawl let me know I was hitting a low fucking point in my life, and that it wasnt just "a bad hangover". Managed to keep it 3 days sober so far off of what is normally 500ml of vodka a day. Being able to think during the day has been a nice change of pace.

Good on you user. I wish you the best of luck.

Shouldn't you be asking yourself that? What does a group of people taking about something have to do with what another group does or doesn't talk about? Do you feel the 3 or 4 alcohol threads and one alcoholics thread up at any one time are preventing you from talking about food? Do tea/coffee threads annoy you too? What about soup?

My point is, shut up and quit whining.

For me the difference is
>hey look I like to cook
And
>hey look I can get drunk
Or sometimes
>hey I like to get drunk but sometimes I make it fancy

Tea or coffee don't ruin lives.

> I'll knock a few back every now and then and have shots when I have a night out or I'm home playing some vidya
Sounds like you have fuck all appreciation for what you drink. Other than the crywank circlejerk alcoholic general and the occasional massive flareups of autism I wish the food threads tended to be as wide ranging as the alchohol threads. However posters here have a real sour grapes attitude towards fine fining, and there's a tendency for Veeky Forums to be used as a flagless /int/ or /bant/ shitposting paradise.

Oh wow I didn't say I drank fine wine while I played video games so I probably have no appreciation for alcohol. I was kinda trying to avoid doing exactly what I was complaining about, talking about alcohol on Veeky Forums's Veeky Forums

op, you're being very autistic. 90% of this board is shitposting. the alcohol threads are hardly the worst. if they were removed, there'd be 5 more mcdonalds or jack threads.

I wasn't suggesting that you do wine and videogame pairings or whatever, I was pointing out that your post makes you seem like you care little about the taste and more the simple effect.

Good luck to you if you don't want to discuss alcohol in your alcohol metathread you fucking clown; you could instead actually start a thread with some decent food content.

Be prepared to start from the absolute bottom and work your way up. Being a chef is not about making fancy little dishes and doing whst you enjoy the most 99% of the time. Its about peeling those ten kilos of onions, cleaning the box of asparagus, preparing the stock, etc etc. Then you go prepare the same dish(es) 50 times in a row, before you clean everything down and start over the next day.
The places i have worked required alot of organizatory skills and the ability to juggle starters, mains and desserts a la carte while doing the prebooked meals for the conference meetings. Combine that with chef-trainees that often needs to be told every minute detail for things to run smoothly and also keeping a firm communication with the waiter staff so the food keeps flowing. It can be an extremely rewarding job when everything runs smooth but also devastating when its not and the orders just pile up whilst colleagues get more and more frustrated. So keeping a cool head and not letting shit get to you is a sound advice id reckon. If you stay calm, they stay calm.

keep at it! when your brain chemistry resets to baseline, you will have much more energy, and feel genuinely happier and fulfilled in life.
my problem with alcohol was i started to use it as a kind of reward system. after every shift, id have a few beers. if it was the night before a few days off, id have eight or nine beers. Wake up the next day feeling quite alright, getting some exercise, shop some food to prepare for the evening, and then id start drinking again mid afternoon. gf didnt really mind, as i had quite the tolerance, so i could easily drink six beers throughout the afternoon/beginning of the night. When she would hit the bedroom i would hit some more beers often followed by some vodka juice, at an alarmingly fast pace. I would always stop before getting blackout or totally shitfaced, but seeing about 12 empty beer cans and a half bottle of vodka in the freezer after one night drinking alone started to get on my nerves a bit. If i added it up i would be drinking average 40 units of alcohol pr. week. and the worst fucking problem is that somehow i told my self that it was okay, that it was just me relaxing after some hard work, that i was having fun doing it.

Those threads are all the same, people whinging about first world problems and drinking to cope with day to day life. They all seem to post in the same thread though and only make a new one when the bump limit gets reached. There's worse stuff on this board than an autistic AA meeting.

>tfw reading this after breaking the streak by getting shitfaced
whoops

start over again, you can do it!