Why are onions so based?

Why are onions so based?

Because onions don't give a FUCK.

Please wish me good luck on my interview tomorrow.

good luck, eat some onions beforehand

Just today I considered filling a whole bag of pic related because they looked great.

They aren't, they are garbage that should be removed from the earth

can someone please explain to a 33 year old why based is a word that is a positive thing, or what it means, or if anyone uses it outside of Veeky Forums

Can't tell you where it came from, but it means something is cool, reliable, and all around good. People 25 and under use it fairly often.

I haven't heard that come up in conversation before. I've always assumed it was Veeky Forums retardspeak.

Its from the rapper little boosie, it was used inronically at first.

Nah, you're just out of touch.

no it isnt.
It comes from the rapper Lil B, aka the Based God. It was somewhat of a slanderous term used to describe someone you thought was weird. Lil B decided to turn that around and just kept calling himself based all the time. He embraced it and repurposed the word so hard people dont even know where it came from. Lil B is a bit of an outsider artist and is known for making large volumes of music that is pretyt hit or miss, but he is such a charismatic character that the world fucking loves him. The fact that you guys dont even know what based is but still use it in your lexicon of slang proves how ubiquitous Lil B has become in modern culture. Dudes on ESPN talking about sports, too. He is basically the peoples champ and is an unapologetic weirdo who does whatever he wants because he is the BASED GOD

I have started using red onions instead of white/yellow in pretty much every recipe and I don't think I'm ever going back.

y?

Because it tastes better.

>mfw caramelized onions

Onions go good with pretty much everything

i think lil b said originally based came from crack cocaine aka free base. so if you were based you were a crackhead

I like red onions, but I don't think they can replace white or yellow onions in every recipe.

something like that, but it was def derogatory either way

onions garlic and bell peppers. the holy trinity of veggies. add any meat and you got yourself a tasty treat.

that's not what it means

Make a french onion soup with red onions, I fucking dare you, scumbag

Is that how you make napalm?

Mustard gas, actually

I'll have what you're having.

I've seen twitterfags use it far more often than people on Veeky Forums do. I mentally associate it with Black Twitter and white people pretending to be "dank-ass niggas".

lmao remember when lil said fuck KD and now KD is MVP on the warriors and OKC is nothing and lil b forgave him

>person over the age of 18 asks for no onions

Great flavor, aromatic, and versatile in many meals
Very high polyphenol and flavonoid content that helps in reducing oxidative stress and inflammation
Sulfur compounds great for maintaining gut health
Good nutritional profile
Low glycemic index
Highly affordable with nice shelf life

They take 2 growing seasons to mature because onions don't give a fuck. Don't even need a refrigerated trailer for shipping. Just throw them on a flatbed, strap them down, and keep them dry and above freezing and those fuckers will hang in there from New Mexico to New York.

but only raw onions, they give a fresh minty smell to your breath

I really hated them when I was younger, I always plucked them out of my food whenever I saw them. When I became about 18 years old I discovered how fucking delicious they are and use them in most meals nowadays and always have at least 2 pounds at home. I was a stupid kid

because they have layers

its nerve gas, for mustard gas you actually have to add mustard

I was the same way when I was younger. The first time I ever really remember an experience with onion was when someone cut the slices too thick and put too much in a salad, so it made the salad burn my mouth and gave me indigestion. But when I started cooking for myself and learned how to slice onions super thin, how to make caramelized onions, use them in braised dishes, etc. I started to love them. I put like 5x as much thinly sliced onion in my salad as most people, and can literally eat caramelized onion by the spoonful.

sugar and sulfates

Best ingredient.

>onions
>minty

How did it go?

U
U M
U M A
U M A M
U M A M I
M A M I
A M I
M I
I

FUCK IT RUINED MY SHITTY MEME

Serves you right

It's nigger slang that took hold on Veeky Forums, similar to t b h and f a m. 'cept it never got wordfiltered and it didn't really put down roots in normieland. I only ever see based outside of Veeky Forums when it's a Twitter or faceberg account that is obviously run by a channer.

U
M A
A M I
M A M I
I M A M U
M A M U
A M U
M U
U

> I M A M
>>>/islamchan/

no one cares about your nigger music shit