Vegan Recipes

I recently became a vegan and I need some simple recipes that I can use on a daily basis.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/j_AyFkfIDk8?list=PLb6zvlIyoDAdSzqwbj9OPQx29A-BRSca6
allrecipes.com/recipe/25309/seans-falafel-and-cucumber-sauce/
youtube.com/watch?v=DoAwUx3RFqc&list=PL4oJDnDBCw18tKY0b8H0u65lmmsLyoCVY
allrecipes.com/recipe/6946/blueberry-scones/
hungryforever.com/recipe/baked-beans-with-potato-cakes-recipe/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=2oUskw2O_RM
youtube.com/watch?v=0Edas4iVwuo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Lettuce

Not all of these are simple, but here:
www.pinterest.com/vfortheanimals

And if you don't have a pinterest (you really should get one even if it's just for that board), a lot of recipes here as well: www.theradicalvegan.tumblr.com

I just made an incredibly simple cookie recipes. Literally just banana mixed with oatmeal, and you can add chocolate chips or raisins if you want or get creative adding cinnamon or cocoa powder, etc. Just shape them into cookies and bake at 350 degrees on a greased pan (I use coconut oil). Can even just heat them in the microwave.

Also a lot of cookie mixes are vegan and you can just use Earth Balance for the butter and banana and peanut butter for the egg, or an egg replacer.

recipe*

You do realize that 100% of the food you'll be eating from now on was made using various animals and animal byproducts right? You're incredibly retarded if you think you can somehow escape this so called "system of abuse". Don't even get me started on Bees.

NOT THE BEES

why are vegans so preachy?

I'd like to get you started on Beez.

Why do meatfags always assume vegans do it for ethical reasons?

What about the enslavement and exploitation of bees, though? Why do you so casually dismiss that perfect example of humans enslaving other animals on their sweet tooth powertrip? I'm attending a bee save tomorrow where we have some hives targeted for destruction. I can think of no more noble endeavor.

>mfw healthfags don't know the difference between veganism and a plant based diet

I'm not trying to be preachy I'm just trying to get people to realize that being a so called "Vegan" is literally Impossible because agriculture's inherit deep reliance on the domestication of animals.
Basically all the real bees are dead and the only ones left are slowly dying of various disease and mite outbreaks. Genetic engineering looks promising though.
You healthfags are cancer and you know it
I'd wish luck but at this point the damage is done, releasing the bees would mean dooming the planet and everything on it. Our only hope is to engineer a super bee that's somehow immune to literally everything.

I'll ask this here instead of making my own thread, does anyone have any vegan recipes I can take to a party that don't taste like shit? A couple of my coworkers are vegan and they're actually cool and not in your face about it, and I feel bad that they're pretty much stuck to chips and dip every time we have a potluck at work. Give me something unhealthy and delicious.

youtu.be/j_AyFkfIDk8?list=PLb6zvlIyoDAdSzqwbj9OPQx29A-BRSca6

Here you go user, just replace the egg with some vegan binding agent like soft tofu or some shit

allrecipes.com/recipe/25309/seans-falafel-and-cucumber-sauce/

Spinach, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms & onions fried in some coconut oil, avocado, organic salsa/dijon mustard/balsamic vinaigrette

Simmered gluten-free whole rolled oats, Adam's organic peanut butter, banana, some unsweetened almond milk depending on how you want the consistency

Overnight Oats: 2 cups gluten-free whole rolled oats to 6 cups unsweetened almond milk in mason jar, 2 tbsp chia seeds, 2 tbsp raw cacao powder, 1 tbsp vanilla extract, 2 tbsp raw organic honey or some stevia, shake it up and leave in fridge for a few hours. Add any fresh fruit before eating if desired

I like this channel.
youtube.com/watch?v=DoAwUx3RFqc&list=PL4oJDnDBCw18tKY0b8H0u65lmmsLyoCVY

every thread there is some contrarian who thinks they can utterly BTFO veganism with their shitty moral sophistry

the definition of veganism is to prevent as much animal cruelty as is practicable.

yes there is always going to be a need to keep rats from ruining our food or to clear land (although you would need less land if everyone was vegan)etc. it is largely unavoidable

animal farming is avoidable; we only do it because it tastes good

even if animal cruelty/enslavement inevitable should we not try and do it as little as possible?

Beez nuts

Wasn't trying to out-morality any plantfags, I was just trying to point out how impractical it all is. I couldn't give two shits what driving philosophies you might have day to day. After all we all gotta sleep at night. My point is that if you think starving 6 Billion people so that cows can go back to doing whatever the fuck cows do is a legitimate argument you're fucked in the head. Here's a recipe for blueberry scones.

allrecipes.com/recipe/6946/blueberry-scones/

>animal farming is avoidable; we only do it because it tastes good

We only farm dumb meme shit like dragonfruit and dairy almonds because it tastes good. Let's ban those, too.

Ignoring all the animal cruelty and health shit, cows consume way too much fucking water.

>animal farming is avoidable

Except it isn't

Explain yourself

toss veggies (broccoli, sweet potato, onion, cauliflower, etc) with olive oil and whatever spices you want (i like cumin/coriander/paprika/red pepper flakes) and roast them until nice and comfy. feel free to add chickpeas or pressed chopped tofu or seitan to the pan for additional protein.

cook quinoa or farro in veggie broth, toss in drained and rinsed black beans, some salsa verde, and top with chopped cilantro.

get some frozen vegan gyoza, heat up some veggie broth until simmering, and cook gyoza for 3-5 minutes. then add chopped lacinato kale, grated ginger, and sliced red onion. turn off heat, mix some miso paste into a 1/2 cup of the broth, then add back to the pot and stir. garnish with sliced scallions.

Rice bowls are my go to, I eat them like every day. I just pick 2-3 vegetables and a protein (usually hummus, chick peas, ot black beans), just put it on a bed of rice and eat.

Last night i had a rice bowl with cilantro, avocado, tomato, and hummus. You cam basically use any veg you want and these are easy af.

Nirvana fallacy.

My advice to you is to learn to cook foods that originally don't contain meats rather than trying to force meat-centric dishes to conform to your dietary restrictions, or relying on meat substitutes. Traditional Indian food, for example, is filled with dishes that aren't suppose to contain any meat.

If you try looking for "vegan" recipes, you're going to get a lot of retarded shit from brainless hippies trying to make vegan meatloaf and that kind of shit. Just look up normal recipes and make the ones that happen to not contain meat.

thank you !

Make zoodle pasta.

i used to eat those a lot as a kid. they're good, but I dont think they are vegan.

>Traditional Indian food, for example, is filled with dishes that aren't suppose to contain any meat.

Why does this crap keep getting repeated?

It is true that many traditional indian recipes do not involve BEEF, because the cow is a sacred animal in the Hindu religion. However, other meats are very widespread. Furthermore, dairy products like milk, cheese, and butter, are widespread in Indian cooking. The overwhelming majority of Indian dishes are cooked with ghee, which is clarified butter. Heck, that's *why* the cow is considered sacred in the Hindu religion--because it provides sustenance in the form of dairy products.

Indian cuisine is great for vegetarian dishes, but full-on Vegan? No, you have a hard time escaping the dairy.

>Why does this crap keep getting repeated?
Because it's true, you little contrarian faggot. And any vegetarian dishes that contain milk or ghee can easily be made vegan by substituting nut milk and vegetable oil but even a brief recipe search will give you literally hundreds of vegan recipes.

>I went to my local Indian restaurant's buffet and there was a lot of meat in the dishes I bet everyone in dirt poor third world countries eats giant piles of meat with every meal just like they do where I live
You're a fucking moron.

>can easily be made vegan by substituting nut milk and vegetable oil

I agree that the recipes can be easily modified as you suggested, but I'm not sure why that's relevant here.

You said "traditional Indian", not some modification of traditional recipe. And almond milk and whatever oil happens to be hip right now sure as fuck isn't "traditional Indian".

>>I went to my local Indian restaurant's buffet
I've lived and worked in Mumbai for nearly 2 years after my company built a chemical plant there and I was part of the team who was sent to train the owners how to operate said plant.

not the guy your replying to, but how was your overall experience there?
not that id wanna go to india, im just curious.. since you told us..

I was very busy with work so I didn't get much of a chance to go out and sightsee. The "training" part of my job was basically nine to five, but I was also on-call most of the time. In other words, if there was a problem or if the Indian staff learning to operate the plant couldn't figure out what to do then I'd get called in.

The food was fucking fantastic. The company had "catering" for us, which was a a poor attempt at duplicating western food but I avoided that unless I was in a huge hurry. I asked some of the Indians I was training who had the best food and they took me out to a lot of their favorite places after work. I can't say I care all that much for Indian beer but the food is amazingly good, and diverse. I ate a lot of street food and never had much in the way of "digestive issues" if you know what I mean.

There is no practical difference between a recipe using ghee and one using vegetable oil. Are you really that desperate to be contrarian that you're coming into a thread where a guy's asking for vegan recipes, seeing a post saying "Hey, traditional Indian food is a good place to get recipes" and your autism flares up so hard you have to come running to yell about how no, those recipes contain ghee so they are NOT vegan and if you replace the ghee with vegetable oil then they are NOT traditional.

Who fucking cares? The guy wants recipes, let him get his recipes.

Is this your first day on the internet? My Dad works at Nintendo too, cool huh? Please tell me more about how the food eaten in a major city is not only exactly the same as the food eaten outside of it but how India is culturally homogenous and the cuisine does not vary even slightly from one region to another.

>There is no practical difference between a recipe using ghee and one using vegetable oil

I agree. But the difference between traditional and revised is massive.

I agree 100% that Indian recipes are easily adaptable to being vegan. But that's a totally different statement than claiming that India is full of "traditionally vegan" food.

>>Who fucking cares?
I point out mistakes when I see them.

welp looks like there's no hope better go ahead and pile on the sausage eggs and cheese every day from now on.

You can make all cuisines vegan by making substitutions. Vegans single out Indian food as special because they're idiots who think Jains are a majority there.

lol this. Honestly I just think fat, milk and bones are gross. If I turned vegan it would be because I generally dislike animals. I mean sure, I like dogs and cats but fuck 90% of the animal kingdom

1) Because that's the main reason that vocal vegans try to ram down everyone's throat.

2) It just doesn't make sense to make such a broad change to your diet based on personal preferance. I can understand if someone doesn't like a certain kind of meat, or if they don't like cheese, etc. But the idea that they don't like ANY and ALL animal products? All meats, poultry, seafood, dairy.... That's very difficult to believe, especially since so many vegan food products attempt to duplicate the taste and texture of products traditionally made with meat.

Vegans are basically attention whores. A vegetarian can go to any restaurant or party and order or eat what appears to be normal, just no hunks of meat. Plenty of options, no one even questions it or pays attention to it. Enter the vegan and they have to verify by fucking inspecting the kitchen to make sure the same pan or utensil that was used to cook a meat dish didn't touch their food. It's just spoiled attention whoring and that's why most vegans are women, fags, or guys that don't give a shit but for some reason bend to the will of the vegan woman so they can get their dick wet.

Tonight's dinner:

Swiss chard sauteed in oilve oil and garlic with blackeye peas and lemon juice.

Bruchetta with a garlic thyme tomato sauce with capers and green olives.

Salad with red and green Bibb lettuce, potatoes and radishes in mustard vinaigrette.

Made some panzanella tonight:

Homemade bread, ripped into chunks and briefly toasted to dry it out (I made it last night so it wasn't stale at all), mixed tomatoes, red onion, and a dijon vinaigrette made from whole grain dijon, champagne vinegar, olive oil, and salt and pepper. Added some fresh chopped basil at the end.

Oh she glows. Best vegan shit there is

It's unhealthy so what other reason can you have

That's where coconut milk comes in. Besides, you can turn just about any vegetable into a masala or a curry. South Indian cuisine is filled with 100% vegan recipes.

I know the person you're responding to's argument was retarded, but they were arguing for eating meat.
So your question should be why are meat eaters so preachy?
And I'm not even 100% vegan

Get some ground beef, fry it up loose, and sprinkle it over your salad for added nutrition.

>pinterest
>tumblr

> banana - monoculture plantations in which animals lose their habitat
> oatmeal - grown on industrial agriculture fields where helpless bunnies are eviscerated by dish tilling

enjoy your "meal"

moo

>the definition of veganism is to prevent as much animal cruelty as is practicable.

So what makes the lives of the thousands of insects, snakes, rabbit s and spiders chewed up by wheat threshers worth less than lives of chickens or cows? What makes their suffering acceptable?

As opposed to the trees cleared for land for animals and fields that eviscerate bunnies to grow grains/etc. to feed livestock to be slaughtered?
"If we can't eliminate a problem then it's justified to exacerbate it"

More of those have to die to feed chickens and cows, if you're going to eat the latter it means more death of the former.
"If we can't eliminate a problem then it's justified to exacerbate it"

>So what makes the lives of the thousands of insects, snakes, rabbit s and spiders chewed up by wheat threshers worth less than lives of chickens or cows?
Livestock tastes a lot better.

There's a huge difference between substituting vegetable oil for butter in an otherwise vegan dish, and trying to make a meat dish into a vegan one.

Nobody said you had to start with a meat based dish, user.

The point is turning an Indian nearly-vegan dish into a Vegan one is no different than turning an Italian, German, French, Chinese, Mexican, nearly-vegan dish into a Vegan one.

On one hand, you're not wrong. On the other hand, Indian cuisine does have an unusually large number of delicious and satisfying vegetable-centric recipes. Compare it to some of the other cultures you're pointing out, where vegetarian cuisine is more of a side dish.

I don't know much about German food, but from what I do know I would agree, most of the vegetable dishes are sides. (of course, that doesn't stop you from eating them as a main if you want)

French has a large number of vegetable-centric recipes. Ratatouille is a great example, and there are many more.. Same with Chinese. There are a great many dishes which could be served as a whole meal yet contain no, or very little, meat. Not to mention there is the tradition in both Chinese and Japanese cuisine of Buddhist monk's food, which is always vegetarian and nearly always vegan.

Any old cuisine is going to have a lot of dishes originally eaten by poor peasants that contain little, if any, meat simply because meat was expensive and a poor peasant couldn't afford to eat it in large amounts. Those dishes will either be entirely vegetable-based, or they will be mostly vegetables with just a little meat added. Those can easily be made vegan by leaving out the meat or subbing it for a vegan-friendly savory element, like mushrooms or a fermented product (like Chinese fermented black beans - douchi)

You forgot two other main reasons people do it: Environmental and health reasons.

>health reasons
>vegans
Vegetarians are healthy. Vegans need all kinds of crazy juggling to not die of malnutrition.

Eating a whole food plant based diet isn't 'crazy juggling'.

I didn't forget anything. I was discussing the main reason, not listing all of them. Those two, while common justifications, weren't relevant to my point.

The "health" angle is actually quite silly. While I agree 100% that the average diet contains an unhealthy amount of meat, eliminating *all* animal products from one's diet is silly. The healthiest diet is a low-meat diet, not a no-meat diet. There are plenty of nutrients whose best sources are animal products.

The same concept applies to the environmental angle. Yes, the meat industry does generate a lot of environmental issues. But so does the modern supermarket. We can walk in and buy all sorts of veggies at any time of year with no regard to growing seasons. That's only possible with chemical fertilizers and global transportation. Those tomatoes you bought in the dead of winter? Shipped thousands of miles to you via smoke-belching ships and trucks. The most environmentally friendly diet would be a local one, using old-school farming methods like crop rotation, fertilization using manure and compost, etc. Canning and pickling to preserve produce so you can eat it when it's not in season. Fatten up a pig on scraps during the year & eat during the winter when there isn't anything growing. Having animals on a small farm is very environmentally friendly. They can be used to control pests (chickens eating the bugs off your garden), dispose of waste (pigs get the scraps), their manure fertilizes the crops, and so on.

Some of my favorite recipes that are easy to make:

Chana masala (chickpea curry) - there are a million recipes on youtube

Hummus and pita bread/carrots/celery sticks

White beans in tomato sauce - it's a greek or jewish dish I think, but I don't remember the name of it

Obviously, tomato sauce and pasta. I get wholewheat pasta as it has more protein, you can mix some chickpeas in as well if you want.

Quinoa and kale - broil the kale in a pan with some chopped garlic and olive oil, then add the cooked quinoa and fry for a few seconds all together

Stir-fried vegetables (garlic+ginger and pak choi, bell peppers, cabbage, broccoli, anything you like really) served over brown rice. Add tofu or peanuts if you like.

a plant-based diet is also cheaper than buying meat and dairy

only thing I need to 'juggle' is taking some extra B12, which most people (meat eaters or not) are deficient of anyway

I personally agree on both points desu, I was merely mentioning what I hear vegans talk about around me.

I play it safe and go blue zone mode: Animal products in moderation and highest quality and everything whole food.

Permaculture homesteading is the final environmental redpill, except for maybe hunter-gatherer life.

>it's okay for me to be a serial killer because I killed fewer homeless prostitutes than you

Nobody said it was okay, it's just better.

>my victims don't deserve justice because there weren't as many

just look up vegetarian Indian food, also vegans are gay

The alternative is all of us starving.

>as is practical

Are bivalves like quahogs and mussels vegan?
They don't have a brain or even a central nervous system...

No, the alternative is you starving because your dumbass religion thinks bugs have feelings while everyone else carries on as normal.

What reasons have you for veganism?

No they aren't. They're still animals and have preganglia which is considered enough by basically every vegan. Their ability to experience reality and feel pain being questionable is also enough

Spicy baked beans on potato cakes by Gordon Ramsay. Just exclude the bacon. I love this recipe and use sweet potato instead of potato sometimes.

hungryforever.com/recipe/baked-beans-with-potato-cakes-recipe/

m.youtube.com/watch?v=2oUskw2O_RM

anorexic here

I use vegetarianism as an excuse so people won't offer me food, and I can get away with ordering salads at mandatory restaurant meals

A bullet

For real though, make falafel in a vegan pita bread with some tahini sauce and your favorite leafy greens.

cool story bro

Reddit.com/r/vegangifrecipes

You're welcome

Unfortunately there's no alternative where you're not a retard who can't actually counter people's points.

What requirements are you looking for? Speed? Cost? Health?

This one is pretty good:

youtube.com/watch?v=0Edas4iVwuo

I differ from the recipe in the video by frying onions, garlic and a red and green capsicum in cherry tomatoes and then adding the tomato and chili mixture to that.

You can make the whole meal in the time it takes to boil the pasta and is pretty cheap. It might not be the healthiest meal but it's damn good

> Baked Tofu from Minimalist Baker
> Cauliflower wings
etc

Google 'vegan chili', tastes great & makes you full for a long time. Also you can make use of whatever veggies you may have in your fridge.
My basic recipe is kidney beans, onions, garlic, crushed tomatoes (can be skipped though), some kind of spicy pepper, bell peppers, season with salt, black pepper, cumin, paprika. Cover in water and simmer for an hour or two. (tip: add a little instant coffe & cacao powder)

If you've ever felt like jarred pasta sauce was missing something, or that it's way too fresh and tomato-ey, add some brown gravy (maybe a quarter cup per serving). I was kind of amazed, it tasted almost like the meat sauce I used to make.

It's admittedly very lazy and there are probably better ways to make a savoury sauce but for a quick meal it works great.

>pasta
>vegan
Retard.

Adding Parmesan is literally the last step. You could just not do that.

I'd be more worried about the egg in the pasta if I were you.

The vast majority of pasta no longer uses egg

You really this dumb?

Maybe in your third world flyover shithole.

I don't think dried pasta has ever used egg. Fresh pasta almost always does though.

Gennaro made his fresh but it really doesn't make a huge difference.

fuck off you pig, i feed you apples covered with my shit, its what you deserve

Yes they do.

>no longer
Trump's America, ladies and gentlemen.

You can make vegan pasta desu

>America in 2017

Because vegan and vegetarian diets aren't magically better. Reducing red meat intake, snacks and drinking a lot of water is what you need if you don't have some weird fucked up disease or if you are an athlete.