Some people have no shame

some people have no shame

>reduces portioning while increasing prices
>let's blame the young people!
BWW can get fucked.

Let all those establishments burn to the ground.

If a chain is failing its the chains fault.
No one is obligated to eat there

Let em die, its their fault for not having a drive thru to fit my young, meme friendly and fast paced lyfestyle

shame doesn't have shit to do with it
you're thread is bad, and you should feel bad

Good. Fuck chain restaurants. Flyovers will surely weep, though.

How insulting can you get?
I once read a verge article blaming iPhone owners for the iPhone 6's slowing sales due to "users failing to upgrade".

Any good business knows it has to attract customers, not the other way around.

There's only one form of fast food chicken we millenials will gladly buy.

i literally just typed whatever random phrase i thought of first in the text box.

Then you need what you're about to get.

You must have no shame

"Casual dining"? Is that some kind of industry codeword for "shitty restaurant"?

It basically means "slightly better than fast food, at twice the price"

So people are eating out more than ever. The generation eating out more than any other are millennials. Apparently they aren't going to fast food chains, nor fast casual since Chipotle's stock went down nor evidently casual dining. So where are they going? Local restaurants owned by real people instead of conglomerates? Oh the humanity! We can't have the big corporations that boomers and Xers worked so hard to make rich disappear. Everything must remain the same. Forever.

I mean I know the article is meant to be circulated among middle ages and old people to bash millennials but how can anyone think a chain dying is a cause for sorrow if the industry keeps doing well.

Yes. The media considers it bad that millennial like going to nice local restaurants instead of bad chains because they cannot write an article about some local restaurant that most of their readership has never heard of, so they write from the angle of "casual chains" because everyone knows what they are

>nor fast casual since Chipotle's stock went down
Eh, thats just people shifting from one fast casual to another because of bad press, millenials are dramatically more likely to pick fast casual over fast food compared to previous generations, and likewise more likely to pick local restaurants over national chains than older people. Old people fucking love terrible national chains for some reason

Who's the contender? I don't think it has been replaced. At least not by a national level chain anyway.

Maybe they should install those futon couches and actually feed me by hand. That'd be interesting, I'd probably pay for that to be done to me once. I doubt I'd make it a habit though, seems like a hassle to go out and degrade waitresses daily.

It's kind of a double sided coin man. It takes a lot of money to get an upstart restaurant up and running. Then you have to coin out for all your staff and bills.

Corps have shit food, like Buffalo WW...it's garbage. But they have the money for a crew of people to cook and serve you.

Where's the equilibrium?

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEE FUCKING MILENIALS
>WHY WON'T YOU BUY MY SHITTY FOOD SO I STAY RICH?
>I DESERVE YOUR MONEY! BOOTSTRAPS! BOOTSTRAPS!
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
t. Boomer restaurant chain owners

Its just a general shift from Chipotle to other restaurants of its same class because of bad press last year. just dumb wall street stuff really

>write article about actual economic phenomenon that is at best tenuously tied to gen y/z consumption habits
>give it a DUDE MILLENIALS LMAO title
>84 million hits within 17 hours

""""""""""journalism""""""""""

I think eventually the corps will start establishing and owning a lot of these local restaurants. Chefs may even be on their direct payroll. So you recruit chefs from culinary schools directly and when someone wants to open up a "franchise" you send a chef and a decorator there to set up an idyllic local gem. Once it's set up the corporation sends it's own staff and supply chain expert to source some local ingredients and national supply chains for common ingredients. There you have it, a restaurant that young people go to and brag about having the best X. A steady cheap supply chain. People paying high rates. No staff shortages, no strongarming by the landowner. Everyone's happy.

As long as the food is better than Applebees and Olive Garden, we all win

Why eat at a "casual dining" place when they all serve the same sysco garbage and don't even cook their own food?
Even something as simple as soups are brought in and reheated, they don't cook, they only reheat.
Who wants to pay for that?

I think you know nothing about how the food industry works

Is this even news? I grew up in a flyover and my friends and I never really stopped in trash chains like the ones in the article. The closest we got were occasional trips to IHOP because everywhere else closed by 9. Local restaurants were always better and were actually interesting.

>CEO Sally Smith
>challenging to sell overpriced wings to mouth breather retards

Lol women

Lol

I have no idea how Olive Garden gets away with their prices. They charge as much as some lower-end michelin starred establishments for really crappy food. Either their business model is really inefficient (since the place is always packed too), or they are the richest fuckers on the planet.

I really don't. This was just my idea of how the market forces would react to chains losing customers and the glut of culinary school students recently. Care to explain where I'm wrong.

You know I was thinking about this.
Rather than supplying restaurants, why the hell doesn't Sysco and other suppliers just open up public cafeterias and automats like they had in the olden days?

I kind of love the retro sci-fi aesthetic of institutional food and MREs

lol no one's paying for a prison style experience of food apart from maybe a one off novelty in a tourist heavy city.

>yet another article blaming Millenials for something

This. BWW would only be a stop on some roadtrip if we were hungry and had some extra cash because BWW is a fucking ripoff.

Local places are typically better but sometimes suck. The nice thing about chains is you ALWAYS know you're getting the same thing. I got a Big Mac in Germany once just to see if it tasted like an American one. I couldn't taste any difference whatsoever.

sysco can deal in food preparation without the insane overhead of owning and maintaining restaurants
They also have lots of lucrative deals with american university campuses to force every on-campus dorm dweller to purchase prepaid meal plans, and they supplement this by making dorm living mandatory and they also ban stoves or hot plates within dorms.

Millenials don't have any money. Why are people surprised?

Real restaurants are better and the staff act like real people.

>They also have lots of lucrative deals with american university campuses to force every on-campus dorm dweller to purchase prepaid meal plans, and they supplement this by making dorm living mandatory and they also ban stoves or hot plates within dorms.
I've always wondered, how is this legal. Is this one of those things that once a law is passed against it in a few years we'll wonder how we ever allowed it to happen.

>how is this legal
Two businesses making a business deal that doesn't involve mergering in a concentrated market is rarely illegal

Limiting an adult students freedom of choice in where he lives and what he eats doesn't seem right to me. A college could definitely decide what food they serve but how can they effectively coerce a student into eating it.

Because we just gotta pull ourselves up by the bootstraps! Fucking boomers, I've never seen a group of people exhibit magical thinking to such an extent outside of legitimately insane people. At least one 64-year-old co-worker understands just how fucked things are for people born after 1980, he's probably my best work friend.

I see what you meant now. That practice is fairly universal. Even at my college they had a deal with the food service that they could be the only food service on campus and everyone is required to have some kind of meal plan. I got the least expensive one and cooked as much as possible.

I loved those $15 bowls of cereal. I think I had 30 or so meals left by the end of the year out of 150.

Honestly it's a shitty situation but you're paying to go there and the college has all the money and the authority to kick you out. Who do you think is going to win that fight?

the shapeshifting lizard jews

I think it's a rights issue. A lawyer stands to make good money by fighting a case against the school where they were curtailing the rights of students. Sadly I don't know enough about law to know if the case has any basis.

I thought they were alien shapeshifting lizard jews.

Anyway, everyone agreed the situation was bullshit and the college paper issued articles about how bullshit it was every so often but the administration wouldn't budge an inch.

>Go to chain restaurant.
>Lets call it Texas Streetbungalo.
>Have to wait a half hour in a stuffy, loud as fuck "restaurant" waiting for a table.
>Finally get one, the table is still dirty.
>Screaming children are only drowned out by clapping as the staff lines up behind my booth and fucking line dances and kicks the wall next to me.
>Order steak rare, get it well done because "It's a wood fired grill."
>Kid is throwing wet peanut shells at my food.
>The hamplanet that created this thing gets upset when I complain to the staff about this bullshit.

I doubt it could be considered a rights issue, considering you knowingly sign a contract to be the college's student and all that that implies.

But I also have no legal training so what do I know.

Sounds like someone went to Texas Roadhouse. I always get sick when I go there because their portion sizes and the sheer amount of food they give you for free is huge.

WTF I hate millenials now.

There has been one restaurant I've been to where I was blown away by the quality of the food. It stood out so obviously that I realized all the restaurants that I had considered to be "great" were really just average.

Granted this place was basically suite and tie dining and your bill would probably be three digits if you had a date but goddamn if it didn't deliver. Not a chain, obviously. I'm thinking about their steak right now...I need a moment.

>fast food quality
>either 50 tvs or zany garage sale shit hanging on the walls
>screaming kids
>screaming parents
>entitled teenage servers (the type you usually find in the tipping threads around here)
they can't die soon enough

This entirely.

Basically the only way such a claim would ever be cost-effective enough to look into, given the relatively high unlikelihood of success and also as the only avenue I can think of is through an antitrust claim. Idk if there's enough colleges using just Sysco for it to be viable, but if there was this could be massive. Only problem is who files it, it would have to be a class action, and since it would also be expensive as fuck and a long shot, it's not surprising the answer so far is no one. But thanks for the information user that was very interesting, I'm going to look more into this.

Willys, moes, other smaller burrito places exist too

For me this is the only choice
>T.millennial

I'm guessing food trucks too

>>be a company
>>make money by providing a service or product
>>bitch and complain about people not wanting your service or product

what are we supposed to do? just give you our money?

BWW is still like 15 wings for 10$ right?

It's the democrats' fault for making the labor of fresh-out-of-prison cooks the same as new undergrads while leaving the franchise starters a $1 an hour for their risk after taxes fault

Hang democrats

Friggin Millenialz! What will they ruin next? Wallmart? The Tv? Phone Books? Horse Carriages? Crossbows?

Millenials don't want a major corporation's market tested homogenous idea of what an authentic experience is, they want an authentic experience.

The price of freedom
Enjoy that, 3rd worlders

There are hundreds of locally owned restaurants in my city. Why the fuck would I go to some dumpster like Applebee's when I can go somewhere new and different every fucking night?

State universities receive some funding from the state and federal government. That's your legal in.

Is this is true then this 100%

>BWW CEO/co-founder leaves
>Stock plummets
>THIS IS THE KIDS' FAULT! REEEEE

casual dining is just a dying meme like shopping malls and landline phones. the food is not any better than fast food, you wait half an hour for it, pay twice as much, and have to tip.

BULLSHIT
fuck libshits but unless you have a source with some actual numbers you're just making excuses for a shitty failing business that's failing for being shit.

>kind of a double sided coin
Like every coin.

Anyway your only point seems to be that shitty chains have the money to throw at putting up even more shitty chains while local small business restaurants are high-risk for their owners.
That's not actually really an argument for chains, they're still shit and not worth the money and even if they're more able to absorb losses they're failing overall compared to local competition.

i hope buffalo wild wings burns. fucking garbage excuse for a restaurant

Can't go wrong blaming the newest generation.

Applebees died because it fucking sucks, that is the free market.

Can we put Boomers in homes already?

>teenage servers
Lol this isnt a thing in new york (manhattan, brooklyn). 99% of servers here are at least 21 due to experience requirements here.

>recruit chefs from culinary schools
Lol. Culinary school=unemployment welfare queen or NEET. nobody hires those morons

>Posts anime
>Wants to be taken seriously when they state they want to be fed by hand

OK Man-child.

>$15 bowls of cereal
Please tell me that isn't exactly what it sounds like.

>someone suggests an absurd scenario
>takes it at complete face value
>REEEE ANIME
Aspergers, much?

>believes everything he reads and falls for every bait on Veeky Forums
>wants to be taken seriously when they reply
Ok summerfag

Dude chill man it was just a shitpost

Holy fuck what a ripoff, I can get more chicken per dollar at McDonald's

>hates something
>replies to it
Upvoted

>Did millenials kill handcranked crossbows with wooden stocks?

It would depend on the school cafeteria. In the 3 universities I've attended each meal can cost on average about $10 in the meal plan, but if you get in you can choose a variety of entrees and eat as much as you can stuff yourself. Specifically for breakfast they would have eggs, bacon/sausage, fired potatoes, and fruits in addition to cereal, and of course, you can eat as much as you want.

Technically a bowl of cereal would cost $10 if you just get a bowl a cereal and voluntarily choose to get nothing else. However I do not know of any school shitty enough to charge $15 for just a bowl a cereal.

I can't even tell if that's genuine or an antique shitpost.

Back in my day we had the arbalest and we were damn happy to have one!

Amen

we mustn't forget that corporations are people now. we can't hurt their feelings :,/

uhhh...
fucking entitled millenials

New York really is a shitstain if that's true.

there's no rights basis. the school is selling you a product which includes room and board, you don't have the arbitrary right to declare that you only want parts of the product just because they're giving you an itemized bill.

that gives the government an in to pass laws restricting funding to schools which do this, if they want to, but american government is forty years now down the "public college is for dirty commies, tear them down" path - which is exactly why the nearly-free education your parents got is now covered in shitty fees and mandatory kickbacks.

>but american government is forty years now down the "public college is for dirty commies, tear them down" path
No it isn't. It's gotten bigger and bigger and more expensive to boot.

speak for yourself, loser.

>bigger
slower growth rate than the population
>more expensive
exactly my point, the services that used to be tax-funded or run at cost are now contracted out - it costs the students more money, it doesn't save the state anything, it's just there to punish plebs and enrich donors

Could you imagine being a shareholder and getting an excuse like this from the CEO of why sales are down?

Nah that's bullshit. Federal funding is what's caused the explosion in prices.

I think the reduction in the family unit would play some part in this but at the same time these restaurants can't complain if they fail to adapt to changing demographics.

You need to evolve or you become extinct.

>entry level easy job
>need experience
>can't get experience in entry level job because of experience needed
Well, that's dumb.