Fiber diet

What's the cheapest and simplest way to get fiber in your daily diet? I already eat a banana and beans, carrots and corn in small amounts daily. But I need more. Is bread the way to go? Are there fruits cheaper than bananas? I just want something rich in fiber that takes no prep and I can scarf down before hitting the sack.

psyllium husk capsules.

eat grass.

Now add "tasty" to the requirement list...

this

Just buy huge cans of beans.

Best post in months.

>cheapest beans
>canned

kys

eat peanut shells

Have fun soaking and cooking them for an eternity just to save like 10 pence.

Retard.

ecksdee

How much $$?

Is a can of plain beans really a good choice? I already use various beans in the meme stews I make.

baked beans on wholemeal toast

if you are getting canned beans, try these. they have food flavor due to the pork fatback used to season them. Personally, I like them with some hot sauce and pepper.

Alright, is it OK to stretch one can for 2-3 days? I don't want to buy 7 cans per week

Drink a smoothie. Spinach, celery, ground flax seed, and whatever else you can dump in your blender to make it palatable.

You can get a pound bag of dry beans for the same or less than one can of beans, and it translates to way more volume once cooked. Lern2spices and you'll still have enough left over for rice or whole wheat pasta to add in.

Most research suggests at least 20g of fiber a day, and really recommend up to 30 grams, with the caveat that you can't really overdose on fiber. Two cups of dry beans/peas/lentils is about the perfect amount. A can of beans is also roughly 20 odd grams if you want to be even easier.

Are you having constipated poop problems? Pretty easy fix is to eat a couple celery stalks. Or try an apple. They're cheap, too. I think using fiber supplement pills and powders are a sign that your diet sucks and you are eating too much prepackaged processed food.

Have you tried instant oatmeal?

oatmeal probably the cheapest you haven't mentioned

put some flax seed on it

eat 100% whole plant foods.

It's not just the fiber that matters. There's various stuff attached to it. This has been tested with plastic fibers that didn't have that stuff.

I just get those fiber granola bars, to be honest... oatmeal in the morning too.

there's soluble and insoluble fiber
i think baked beans and garbanzos aren't the kind for pooping but lentils definitely are made for it

I don't want to prep this shit

sounds disgusting but it's not actually a bad solution

I'm not using fiber pills/powders. But I figured I got enough from my diet with the garbanzo beans, bananas and admittedly small amount of mixed vegetables I eat daily. Apples have become retardedly expensive for whatever reason. I can do celery

I already eat oatmeal for breakfast most of the week
dude I eat garbanzo beans every day, so if what you're saying is right then I'm wasting my time

>corn
>bananas
Little fiber here

Yea, I switched my diet around to save more money and am paying for on the shitter

Celery works well for me. Maybe it will for you. Good luck.

Just mix quinoa into your rice if you eat rice a lot, make it 50-50 by mass