This is what a coworker brought to our potluck. He said it contains bacon, bourbon, brown sugar, Worcestershire...

This is what a coworker brought to our potluck. He said it contains bacon, bourbon, brown sugar, Worcestershire, ketchup, and I'm not sure what else.

I think there's too much oil though. What do you think?

Wouldn't eat. Looks gross.

how long is said coworker's beard?

Is this just the scraps? Where did the rest go?

Wtf? What did he think he was trying to make, a grease soup? How the hell are you supposed to eat it?

That looks normal for if you have a large fatty cut of pork meat and let is slowly render in a braise.

The meat seems to be missing though.

Looks like grasshoppers floating around in a pot of grease. Trying my hardest not to barf.

It looks like a homeless alcoholic took a shit in an old tire.

It probably tastes good, but he really should have skimmed off the grease.

I guess he had the pot in potluck

ah fuck it, eat it probably ok.

P A P E R T O W E L

Looks fine, provided it started out with more meat in it than it has in this picture. When we do drip beef in the slow cooker it looks similar.

you should rape his boy pussy as punishment until he learns to cook right

OP here. No, what you're seeing is before anyone had at it.

nobody had luck witnessing this horror

Why do you ignorant fuckers keep calling it a 'potluck'? It's a fucking potlatch. Potluck means something else entirely.

So tell me, what does potluck mean? Becsuse I'm fairly sure it has always meant a party where everyone brings a dish to make a complete meal for everyone.

prolly used untrimmed pork butt

yeah that's too much oil

it is too much oil but its just him being lazy.all you have to go is turn it off after its done, wait 15 minutes, grab a ladle and skim all the fat off the top to prevent that.

I'm pretty sure like half the people in this thread are retarded and unaware that this is meat (which I think is actually beef?) is supposed to be on a bun for sandwiches. I'm getting the impression a lot of you think it's soup or something.

I'd try it, sure. It seems to have a little fat floating on the top but that's no problem. The difficulty with crock pots is that you'd normally reduce the braising liquid into a flavorful sauce, but crock pots make it impossible.

>crock pots make it impossible
just use *less braising liquid*

probably tastes fine, especially if it's for sandwiches since you won't be just drinking that fat anyway.

what'd you bring, user?

Yes but by reduction you concentrate the flavor.

OH SHIT!!!

It never even occurred to me to ask that question...

OP, what did you bring besides yourself?

if you use the correct amount of liquid to begin with then reduction is redundant

I brought this to a work potluck once

Nearly cost me my job. Everybody was pissed for some reason

how antisocial of you

What do they have against chicken feet?

I don't know, I'm pretty sure that it's me they don't like and they're just looking for reasons to try to get me fired

Reduction still intensifies and concentrates liquids more than not using too much liquid does. And if you were using something like an unsalted stock, beer, wine, etc. using more liquid and then reducing it will create something more flavorful than just using less liquid at the start.

potlatch is a fucking native american community gift giving ceremony you tard

>What do you think?

I think it looks like someone with cholera shat themselves to death in a pot.

>Reduction intensifies

He probably just showed up for free food like the faggot he is.

Potlatch (from Nootka "patshatl" via Chinook) entered the English lexicon 250 years after potluck (from English "pot" and "luck")

I dont even know you and wish you had been fired, you fuckin weirdo

>not wanting to chew skin and cartilage off bone

just quit dude they're clearly artards

>not bringing paper plates and silverware or a few 12 packs so you can judge everyone else with impunity