White>brown

white>brown

There's no difference ya dummy

racist.

My scrambled eggs are noticeably better when I use white eggs. There's absolutely a difference.

The diet of the chicken is what matters, not the color of the egg.

You might be confusing the two.

Maybe, I still prefer white.

you're horribly wrong

EGG RACES ARE SHELL DEEP!!!
RACIST!!

Fresh egg from healthy chicken > fresh egg from non ideal chicken > egg from factory chicken

Do Americans really clean their eggs in bleach before eating them?

I don't know about eggs, but the chicken carcasses from mega corporations are dipped in a bleach solution prior to packaging.

Literally no difference

Brown eggs matter

Brown eggs have always tasted better to me.

white is better

> mixed egg carton
> All the white eggs are 'mysteriously' broken & ded

wonder how that happened?

Brown eggs get 4 cents less a dozen.

Brown eggs are only 3/5ths as good as white eggs.

I get eggs from my friend who has chickens all the time.
I get some white, some brown and some bluish white. They all taste and feel the same.

Start buying duck eggs, they're always white ;^)

brown eggs are local eggs and local eggs are fresh eggs

Little house was my shit

Shell color is genetic.
Blue eggs from our Mallard gals for the win.

my brother has a fixation with only eating brown eggs and his peen is 1.5 inches longer than mine

Munder-potated roast

Grew up in New England?

How does his semen taste?

My chickens eggs>store bought eggs.
The color of the shell makes no difference, the chickens diet does. My free range chickens lay light-dark brown and olive green eggs and they all taste the same.My chickens eggs are definitely richer in flavor and have a deep orange colored yolk instead of a sickly pale yellow.

ecksdee

Fresh eggs from home are the best eggs indeed!

like brown eggs

serious question:

I just got some eggs from a friend that has chickens. The eggs are...... unclean.

Do I wash them? I think I should wash them....

#blackeggsmatter

If you don't usually refrigerate eggs, remember you'll need to keep the washed ones in the fridge.

We must secure the existence of our chickens and a future for white eggs

I feel sorry for the chickens whose eggs he takes and cooks into his disgusting abortions of meals

You don't have to wash them, I never do unless they have poop on them. Fresh eggs last longer if you leave the bloom intact, which is the coating the chicken leaves on the egg when she lays it. If you want to wash them right before use, warm water will do fine.

and dont you faggots forget it

>abortions
Was that word choice in purpose?

You can say that again.

There is a wash before they are sent to the store. We (consumers) don't know what that wash is. So.... Technically.. yes? But as a BYC, no I do not wash my eggs

Is that from your flock?? Goodness what breed is that at the 9oclock?

BYC here.
Wash with warm water if you want but unless you plan on licking the outside of the egg shell uncooked, you're fine. Even still, unless you have aids, you'll be fine

>that tiny white egg

CLUCKED

False.
My chickens lay white eggs. My eggs are only hours old.
It doesn't get fresher.
I could squeeze a chicken over my open mouth but I don't think that will end well

I ordered eggs from a small farm and got more eggs that were deeper blue like 9oclock than I did offwhite and brown
Have no clue what breed they were, but it mainly happened in spring time

terrible idea, like washing chicken meat

False.
Fuck you ppl are stupid.

Ok. Seriously for a sec. If you are interested in eggs, chickens, or keeping chickens at home. Go to BYC and read. Trolls need not apply, you will be laughed out of town.

Ameracaunas are the most popular breed that lays blue eggs.
Why is it a terrible idea exactly? You can wash eggs, you just can't keep them on the counter and have to refrigerate them afterwards.

This is the egg thread?

Ok, my dad has chickens, they lay eggs, good ones but...some are like water balloons. When I crack them even slightly they gush and even squirt out eggwhite as if they were over pressured or over filled. And the ones like that, well, they aren't as cohesive as the rest, they are extra runny as if they were pure water. Wtf.

Does anyone have experience with chickens and eggs and has seen this?

Hens are probably getting old. They tend to lay eggs for only 3-5 years

And that's when they become a delicious rich stock. Have to admit, even for me as a hunter of deer, squirrel and rabbits, it's a bit tough to butcher those fuckers because you do sort of become friends with them and can see their individual personalities. I man up and do it, although I did let one who seemed to have bonded with me to the point of wanting me to hold and pet her, live. Irrational I know; I don't need the fucking lecture.

It also works for people.

kek

heh

>It's a fucking Beretta

kys

no u

Enjoy your placebo

Wrong and fresh eggs aren't necessarily better

>fresh eggs aren't necessarily better

This could easily rank as one of the dumbest comments ever to appear on Veeky Forums.

It's true retard. The fresher the egg the less suitable they are for boiling, vice versa for frying.

Fresh eggs suck if you want to hard boil them; they're very difficult to peel.

This is true ive noticed it before

You're completely wrong fuck you

I'd much rather gather my eggs or at least buy from a local farmer where they were gathered that week, and set a few aside for a week before I hard boil them than buy the 2 month old factory bullshit off grocery refrigerated shelves. 1 week from nest to boiling is fine for peeling and that is still a fucking relatively fresh egg.

Me too. But it has nothing to do with freshness. I want the farmer's eggs because those chickens will have eaten a better diet than factory-farmed bullshit and therefore will taste better.

Steaming is the way to hard cook fresh eggs, shells come right off.

Hmm, never heard this before. How long do you steam them for hardboiled? If you're just shiposting please don't respond, I don't want to waist fresh eggs.

>Asking because my eggs are fresh.

not him, but i steam for 12-15 minutes in a stovetop boiler.

Not shit posting, people ask all the time in the chicken community tricks on how to peel a hard boiled, fresh egg. I do 15 minutes and I use a colander in a pot.

I like the yolks in the brown better they usually have a richer taste but because the shell is thicker I usually end up cracking them too hard on a surface and the yolk breaks

>people ask all the time in the chicken community
>the chicken community

wtf?

LMAO. I was the user that said don't shitpost me a reply and you spotted it as well as me. Strange these fuckwads do it, but whatever.

It is a thing, there's one facebook group with over 70,000 members, that's all about raising chickens. Crazy chicken people are a thing, I didn't realize it til it was too late and I became one.

I'm really not shitposting, look BYC or Backyard Chickens, it's a big forum all about chickens. In the facebook group new people ask all the time about how to make their eggs easier to peel. Just google "steaming fresh eggs" tons of links come up.

You don't have to eat them, you can keep them as pet. You already have chickens anyway.

>you don't have to eat them