51st state celebration thread

What should I eat to celebrate our entrance to the Union?

Other urls found in this thread:

cnbc.com/2017/05/03/puerto-rico-officially-triggers-bankruptcy-protection-proceedings-.html
youtube.com/watch?v=sw9U4wZW-fM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Mc Chicken Sandwich.

Crow, because there's no was congress is going to allow an island full of debt and commies to be a State until you fix your shit.

Ostrich eggs

Chicken and bleach.

Lol, a rightwing congress ain't letting a new state certain to vote democrat into the US. Try again in 3.5 years when people are so rekt the dems take both houses and the presidency.

Ain't gonna happen island nigger.

El McChicken, el mejor sandwich de la comida rĂ¡pida.

Do Americans actually do this?

You're from here. Do you not know how this works?

I haven't been following the news lately, is this actually happening or is OP shitposting? Both?

PR voted that they want statehood (mo gibs). Trump said if Congress passes it he won't veto.

Hopefully we let them in and kick hawaii out.

It's unlikely but possible. PR recently voted to become a state with 97% in favor... with only 23% of possible voters. They're still counting this as a win and sending reps to congress/senate to demand statehood but that's going to take a 2/3rds majority vote in both to make it happen. Neither side of the aisle is keen to work with the other atm, plus PR has a fuckton of debt that it can be easily argued the US has no business taking on.

Last time the island's governor was able to somehow block it; Congressional republicans were ready to admit them. For some reason DNC/MSM really want the status quo based on all the articles flying around both times about low voter turnout and other nitpicks. I don't know what their angle is.

The Democrats have already lost their status as a national party, they're just a fringe element now. The big wigs (Feinstein and Friends) know this and can see that the lack of Soros/Clinton Foundation funny money coupled with the Black Caucus trying to oust the White/Jewish element from the party is bad news for an already dying party.

Puerto Rico would vote Republican in both the Senate and the House so if the Republicans can get Puerto Rico admitted as a state before Midterms hit then they may be able to swing it that Puerto Rico gets to vote in the election. If they do then the Republican percentage of the House increases and California's Congressional weight drops AND the Republicans get two new senators (They already own the Senate). California will be losing people very, very soon (Massive tax hikes in the name of healthcare and illegal treaties with China to replace the Paris agreement) so Puerto Rico fucking over the political powerhouse that is California is just adding insult to injury.

tl;dr Things are bad, the Democrats are fragile, the Republicans are Antifragile, any disturbing the system at all only benefits the Republicans and hurts the Democrats.

>congressional republicans love dem voting constituencies

Are you insane, or do you just make feeble attempts at trying to portray the right as white knighters for everything "good" to distract people from the catastrophe that is being implemented?

Britain here. I thought everything included in North America was America.

Lol. The right is fragmenting, some aligning with orangeboi, some distancing themselves from a devious subterfuge originating at the very top. Even in the solipsistic Trump reign, some politicians still have ethics. As soon as the average joe sees his tax bill increase, his parents lose medical care or go broke n 3 years instead of 5 because they have preexisting conditions, rivers start catching on fire, air becomes unbreathable, food becomes more poisonous, etc., it will quickly swing back.

Enjoy your 3.5 years. You're the decaying corpse of a fish left on the beach as the tide of history flows against you. Even your women Coulter and Ingraham would never even have had a voice w/o progressive activism. You're a decaying carcass, gramps. Enjoy the tickling of the flies feeding on your squirming body.

in juanor of rich port becoming the new california. i decree that we go out to eat and dine and dash.

Why would you kick out Hawaii when PR is useless?

Did I miss something? Are they trying to get passed through congress or something?
Can I finally visit that shithole without leaving the country and getting my ass probed?

a proper American burger

I think you are confused about republicans. Puerto rico will be a clean slate. Sure we will have to bail them out but its not set in stone that they will be democrats. Trump has already voiced that hes open to them becoming a state. If the republicans play their cards right Puerto Rico can be a swing state at least. Cubans are overwhelmingly red voters so theres that too.

>ohhemad.jifpg3

Puerto Rico wants to become a state not because they love america but because they want a 7 billion dollar bailout

This guy gets it. Brown people and their gibs. Amirite??

A bag of dicks. We aren't going to let you in, you welfare spiggers.

>3.5 years
Misspelled 7.5, but it ain't gonna happen then either.

>living in an alternate timeline
but Hillary still lost there too, ha-ha.

>7 billion dollar
You're off by over an order of magnitude. They've got over 70 billion in unpayable bonds.

cnbc.com/2017/05/03/puerto-rico-officially-triggers-bankruptcy-protection-proceedings-.html

youtube.com/watch?v=sw9U4wZW-fM

This. Do NOT allow them to join. Just more lifelong welfare leeches.

A unicorn burger, since you have about as much chance of finding that as PR has of becoming a state.

Google which states use the most welfare and get back to the thread

Rum

kys

You first.

You seem to be intentionally mixing the distinction between "per capita" and "largest totals". Puerto Rico is fucking enormous per capita. California and New York are fucking enormous just because their populations are.

you have no more than a surface understanding of what the fuck is actually happening and no understanding of what is going to happen.

>Thinks a meem president will last

You have to back. Your cringy meme god needs praising

I assume this is an attempt to chide people from the USA for calling it America. Although you didn't include South America so I am a bit confused.

Colloquially "America" is used to refer to the USA. This does not include Mexico in the south or Canada in the north with the exception of Alaska. Hope that clears things up.

If you were trying to chide then I would tell you that I have been to Britain many times (for work) and they refer to it as America as well.