>forgot my groceries in the trunk because reasons
>including beef for tonight
>was there about two hours
>about 80F out
>but was in the same bag as two packs of frozen brats
>brats still 20% frozen
Is this going to be okay to eat?

yolo

If they're still cold then they are fine to eat. I wouldn't refreeze them, though.

its fine. if you dont eat it, ur gey

The beef was still cool to the touch.

Does it smell ok? Are you going to cook it well-done? Then it's fine.

So what's the problem, OP? Think of it as pre-heating it.

IT'S FUCKING RAAAAAAAAAAAW

>Think of it as pre-heating it

more like defrosting it

2 or 3 hours is about how long it would take to defrost brats anyway

I'm more concerned about the beef. I brought up the brats because they were a minor source of refrigeration.

Just eat it you pussy. Larvae didn't infect it and hatch eggs in two hours. Cook it to the appropriate temperature and you'll be fine. You think in restaurants food doesn't sit out all the time?

Keep in mind this is the super strict serve safe rules
You probably eat shit held between those temps for way longer. If it doesn't smell like rot and there aren't fly's buzzing about it's likely good to go

Dis more or less. Two hours is the acceptable window out of refrigeration as a rule for most restaurants. As such, it's certainly fine to eat so long as you cook it properly and could likely go longer without issue.

Food inspector here. Eat the beef tonight, and cook it well done and you are fine. The more you deviate from this the more risk you take

Or just leave it in the trunk a week and give it to your neighbor's pit bull

>because reasons
Explain

Just cook it thoroughly. Personally, I'd cook it until the internal temp reached 180°F just to be safe.

Hope you weren't planning on having blue rare or steak tartare.

Yeah I'm cooking it right now.

I'm a spacey shit and was talking to my mother on the phone when I got home.

Nah, just chili mac so it'll be cooked through.

You guys are pussies. A few months ago I got home from work to find my housemate had thrown a sealed kilo package of beef mince in the garbage because it was past its use by date. Here's the thing, I had seen that mince package in the freezer that same afternoon, and every afternoon in the week leading up to this. I fished that sucker out of the bin, unsealed it and found it still cold to the touch but perfectly defrosted. It looked fresh, it smelled fresh and I cooked a big ass curry with it and had basically free meals for the week because my dumbass housemate is overly picky and paranoid about germs.

And here I am a few months later, perfectly fine. If it looks fine and smells fine then the chances are it's fucking fine.

You're a faggot attention whore. I wish that meat was in there for eight hours at 90+ degrees, then you made a cannibal sandwich, then ate ten benadryl and drew yourself a nice, hot bath.

>
>then you made a cannibal sandwich, then ate ten benadryl and drew yourself a nice, hot bath.

What did he mean by this?

Yes, but as long as you cook it tonight. Don't refreeze it.