I am going to be in Seattle for work next week for a day or so...

I am going to be in Seattle for work next week for a day or so. Is there any food I should try local to Seattle or the west coast?

Other urls found in this thread:

yelp.com/biz/paseo-caribbean-food-fremont-seattle-2
yelp.com/biz/45th-stop-n-shop-and-poke-bar-seattle
yelp.com/biz/goldinblack-seattle
yelp.com/biz/asadero-ballard-seattle
yelp.com/biz/thackeray-seattle-2
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Cyanide

A bullet

>Cyanide
>A bullet

What lovely suggestions!

Seattlefriend here

If you want the quick and dirty, go to Paseo in Fremont. Don't go during dinner or else you'll be waiting for fucking ever. It's a good sandwich with a lot of hype behind it; get the caribbean roast.
yelp.com/biz/paseo-caribbean-food-fremont-seattle-2

Or, go up to the 45th street poke spot for weird divey convenience store poke that's actually incredibly tasty.
yelp.com/biz/45th-stop-n-shop-and-poke-bar-seattle

Good korean american fusion sandwiches? Go to Goldinblack and get the "Once in the Goldinblack" sandwich.
yelp.com/biz/goldinblack-seattle

Something a little fancier? Asadero in ballard is a good mexican steak house.
yelp.com/biz/asadero-ballard-seattle

Same pricerange as Asadero: Thackeray. American food with a middle eastern flair.
yelp.com/biz/thackeray-seattle-2

Have fun

Wow never expected such good suggestions. Thanks a lot!

is freemont expensive? thinking about moving there or columbia city.

I'd definitely check out Pike Place
Great place to eat a cyanide bullet.

Depends. I pay $1600/mo for a 2br/2ba split with my fiancee, but it's' not off of 36/39th st (generally accepted to be the popular area to live.) I'm about a ten minute walk from there which is actually pretty nice. You'll pay ~1200-1400 for a 1br depending on price and $1500-1800 for a 2br depending on price.

where do you recommend a college bro with rich stepparents to live?

San Francisco

local seattle food is teriyaki. if you are downtown, the only one left that that is worth getting is okinawa. it's much easier to find it if you are in the suburbs - the most important ingredient in teriyaki is inexpensive rent.

katsu burger is south of downtown and is semi-famous, but i don't think it's that great.

seattle has way too many VPN pizzerias. via tribunali, tutta bella, pulcinella. they are good, if you like that style of pizza.

contrary to what thinks, there's nothing worth seeing north of the ship canal. it's just a bunch of lumbersexuals selling each other $12 beers.

That place is so fucking stupid.

Anywhere but Washington.

Jack in the Box on University Way has a lot of drug dealers in the parking lot.

Native here. Seafood is our biggest specialty since we're near Alaskan fishing waters. You can get the freshest Alaskan salmon in the lower 48 here. There are also a lot of good Asian restaurants due to generations of immigrants.

Get some salmon at virtually any seafood restaurant. Duke's is good, Ray's Boathouse is probably better but very pricey. Ray's smoked sablefish is also amazing.

I personally love Ivar's Fish and Chips, though many people don't. It's a local institution so I would recommend trying it at the downtown waterfront location.

Metropolitan Grill and El Gaucho are great $$$$ steakhouses.

Sun Break Cafe in Auburn is great if you want brunch. They make a fantastic Monte Cristo senpai.

Valuable insight. Much obliged

No but you should check out Le Cigare Volant

top pot doughnuts

If you have never been to a Din Tai Fung, I recommend it.

>Ballard
>no restaurants worth going to
found the poorfag who can't afford a $40 dinner.

The little Chinese stall selling ham bow pork buns for $2.50 a pop outside Pike's Place.

Dim Sum King in Chinatown

Seattle really fucking sucks.

You've got two step-parents? Usually we just call that "adopted".

I'd add Red Mill Burger. Their ancho burger is my favorite.

just get drunk on overpriced microbrews and listen to grunge then desperately try to recover the next morning with some overpriced coffee served to you by a gay hipster with a cum crusty in his mustache

1994 called, they want their Seattle back

$12 beer pls. It's $6, which is still stupidly overpriced compared to where I used to drink in Pittsburgh, but at least keep your bullshit accurate.

Plus, south of the ship Canal is Canlis, land of the $44 beer, which according to their online menu is BRASSERIE THIRIEZ EXTRA • Saison, Esquelbecq, France 4.5%abv. 750ml. whatever da fuck that is.

Seattlefag here

Locally you should really try the seafood, especially smoked salmon. It's sort of a regional specialty.

If you are okay doing other food, my favorite restaurant is Banana Grill around a block from the Columbia City light rail station. Great Somali food made by the nicest man you will ever meet.

>On University way

You could have just left it at that

I just go by EJ burgers on University Way and occasionally go to the gyro place cause I have a crush on one of the people working there.

Fleetcreek Cattle Company in Greenwood and The Dish Cafe in Greenlake are ok.

I lived in Seattle back then. It was a fun place.

Sad what they've done to it since.

I'm going to be in Seattle for Bumbershoot. I'm crashing on a friend's couch on Capitol Hill, about a block from Dicks on Broadway. Any good spots within walking distance around there?

For you OP I recomend Dicks.

This. OP would love Dicks.

oh this was nice, i'll going to seattle for my first time tomorrow for 5 days. was thinking of making a thread.

too bad i wont have much money to go out, mostly will be living on cliff bars and water.

FUCK SEATTLE I HATE IT I HATE IT

Friendly reminder to not stay long
You'll get depressed and kill yourself

Go to the international district, throw a rock in any direction, and eat at whichever noodle place you hit. Alternatively, go to West Seattle and find one of the all you can eat sushi joints.

Take the train down to Portland and go to Mary's.

>Mexican food
>Beer
>friendly naked women

chiangs gourmet on lake city way they have two menus one is authentic chinese food and he other is Americanized

Good. Stay away.

Good. Stay the fuck away.

This, go to Portland instead. Much better food and much cheaper, plus it's just full of weird alt types rather than insufferable techie hipsters.

t. Knower

Seattle isn't really fun. Unless you like weed and dining in overpriced eateries that have hamburger and chicken tenders/nuggets/fingers on the menu, then you will not enjoy it.

Place is only good for the jobs and the higher pay. Use the money to vacation somewhere else.

Seattle has way too many Asians and immigrants, there are a lot of refugee welfare programs here, and the traffic is just horrible.

I don't know how you'll find anything in a city with only 3 boites.

Also full of twice as many homeless people as Seattle, which is already overrun with fucking bums, and all of them are thirsty as fuck for heroin. I like Portland but I definitely prefer visiting to living there, Seattle's actually pretty nice if you're not an incomelet.

>Seattle isn't really fun.
Unless you're into the outdoors, then it's fucking amazing.
>Desert 2 hours east
>Rainforest 2 hours west.
>Mountains 1 hour east
>Completely different mountain range 2 hours west.
>2 gigantic volcanos 2 hours south
>1 huge volcano 2 hours north
>Snowboarding
>White water rafting
>450 islands in the sound 1 hour northeast
>sailing
>scuba
>windsurfing
>kayaking
pic fuckin related

Yeah I spent 2 weeks touring the Olympic Penninsula after 1 day in Seattle. Isolated hot springs, rainforest, trout, steelhead and salmon fishing, mushroom gathering, mountain wilderness, a desolate coast with incredible driftwood, etc. Use Seattle as a stopping point and gtfo. Life's too short.