How do you get better at multi-tasking when working at the Drive Thru (especially when cars start lining up)?

how do you get better at multi-tasking when working at the Drive Thru (especially when cars start lining up)?

>have to make drinks while taking order
>have to take payment for one customer, while taking an order for another customer
>have to bag an order while taking an order for another customer
>deliver order, have to take another payment while also taking an order for another customer

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I_u7KftpnQQ
coca-colafreestyle.com/choices/?filter1=all drinks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You're on minimum wage, just let those cars line up.

Get gud.
Seriously, you just need to do it a whole bunch till you don't have to think about it, you just do it.

Lmao my challenges are more interesting than this shit

Stay poor

Makes the restaurant look bad if wait time exceeds a certain time limit. Don't want to get your boss in trouble.

real talk, this shit is why your bag is usually missing a burger or straws or some shit
talking while doing shit isn't 100% mindless easy shit

This.

>Git gud

Spel it rite feggit.

>This level of corporate cuckery

>open drive thru window
>mother fucker is playing around on their phone
>close the window and walk away

Every work place has a quota that needs to be filled. If a restaurant gets a bad reputation less customers will visit and business won't make that much money.

That matters to the minimum wage peon with no stake in the restaurant how?
Fuck, less customers would be preferred to the average fast food worker.

It matters when they want to keep their job or maintain a good reputation with co-workers.

>keep their job
fast food joints are always hiring because nobody wants to stick around in such a shitty job. if the store laid off people, his experience on the resume will make him an easy hire since they'd barely need to train him.
>good rep with co-workers
literally no one will care

>good rep with co-workers
>literally no one will care

You'd be surprised when it comes to the allure of a good underage dicking...

If you're getting paid 10$/hr who the fuck cares how the store looks? You don't get paid enough to care, and you absolutely shouldn't bust your ass at minimum wage either.

Yes. It's almost as if Drive-Thru is a 2-3 person job. Someone to take the orders and make drinks. Someone to bag the orders. Someone to take payment and deliver orders.

personal pride

Yeah, if you're place if understaffed and you're made to do work that usually more than one person does, go at your own pace, not worth it for the $

but muh profits

>can't tell which sandwich is which by just looking at the box

This is a problem from 2 sides. In countries with a good work ethic, the workers put their heart into a meaningless job like McDonald's server because it makes society better as a whole. Shitty people that don't care about their job are awful.

But at the same time, if you put the time in, in many branches around the world if you're actually good at the job or you're putting yourself through college you have a very good chance of moving up past a shift manager position and into corporate. I met multiple people who worked at KFC and McD in Japan who became part of corporate after working there in high school and college. America's "free market" of exploiting labor MBA fucks with a revolving door of no talent or passion needed people exacerbates the problem.

how do staff manage to get everything cleaned and maintained when the restaurant is open 24 hours? How do you turn off the fryers/grill/shake machine/etc to do some maintenance when a customer can pop in at any minute?

>Restaurants are only allowed to have one of everything

>start working at restaurant
>see the difficulties workers go through to make sure an order gets delivered on time when the restaurant is very busy
>stop wanting to go to restaurants because don't want to make the people who work at restaurants work too hard

say hello to you're replacement 15.00 an hour faggots

they clean in the early morning and they don't turn the fryers off or anything that cooks off for that matter.

we try to clean stuff very very fast during off times. doesnt always work though and customers get super angry

>say hello to you are replacement

Wouldn't it be more profitable to have a full staff so they can deal with lots of customers in a timely matter? Even when there's a lot of down time so much needs to be cleaned and managed and someone can't always be at front looking for customers.

Providing good wages and benefits so you have less stressed employees and less turnover would also be more profitable.

-more employees so work load is a lot more manageable for staff
-better wages and benefits so less turnover and less stress

Oh lawd! drive thru be usin robots now too!!!!

hows I's supposed to feed lil tyrone now?!?!?!

It's ok. Obama's got your food stamps all lined up... as long as you vote Democrat.

>to work at fast food you have to be fast

youtube.com/watch?v=I_u7KftpnQQ

>tfw smart and skilled so my high-paying deskjob feels easy

Pic unrelated

>tfw in about 5 years you will look around at the complete retards around you and realize your high paying desk job IS easy

I'm an engineer

Whataburger manager here.

Assuming solo...

Go at your own pace, but don't slack. Be smooth rather than jerky and quick. Easier to show in practice.

While taking an order, use both hands to make drinks for the que. Making 20 drinks should take less than 60 seconds assuming not to many doubles, automatic machine. Don't worry about capping, just make them.

Finish taking your order and then take care of the customer at your window, cash out, drink out, see if their order is ready and put any new customers at the speaker on a slight hold. Pull up car if not ready , take new car order at speaker. After you are done, check to see if pulled up cars order is done. If so, hand out, if not, take care of customer at window.

Start from drinks, rinse and repeat.

Solo there is a stack overflow and orders will climb. Optimal is 3 people with one lane, 5 with two lanes.

With two people you can nearly get on the cusp of not having a stack overflow but it depends on the customer having their shit together, and they never do.

What kind?

>have to make milk shakes which take a minute to make

Yes. Thank you. Soloing drive thru is hard when you're new to it.

>personal pride
I'm gonna stop you right fucking there. Unless you are making a career out of fast food working, in which case you need your head examined, you have no business basing your self worth on how well you perform at a drive-thru.
Do what I did, and try to get into a fucking relationship with your shift lead, and live life on easy mode.

All because it's a minimum wage job it doesn't mean you shouldn't take some pride in it.

Have you ever been in a McDonalds at 5am? There's stuff you wouldn't even think of, like all the electronic ordering machines reboot nightly, and it displays a dos screen for like half an hour. Everything finds a way to get done.

ok grandpa

>have to be good listener
>have to remember the menu
>have to know what the orders look like when they're done so you know which items to bag
>remember to ask what condiments they want
>remember any orders and special requests when you don't have time to input the orders into machine (you are going to have to take orders while restocking, cleaning, preparing orders, making drinks, making payment, etc)
>have to be able to multitask because you won't always have co-workers to help you
>co-workers respect you a lot more if you can do drive thru/front (or any position) without help

I always wonder, how much do these kids think they need to get paid before they take anything seriously and why would I as a manager want to give them that money?

>They think the job interview was one meeting
>implying I'm not watching and judging them every day

Another temporarily embarrassed millionaire here.

Fast food is a physically and mentally demanding job especially when understaffed.

>IM WORTH $15/HR!
Wow, you expect me to do this simple job without to other people helping me?

Freestyle coco-cola website menu is similar to the menu of machines in restaurants.

Sodas on top, juices and water on bottom.
coca-colafreestyle.com/choices/?filter1=all drinks

i agree, fast foos is a shit job. you get payed minimum wage which is basically your employer saying fuck you, and then you have to deal with such bullshit in every aspect. Comparing fastfood to my management roll at a development company its clear which one is more stressful

>Don't want to get your boss in trouble
You're not paid enough to give a shit how bad your boss looks.

the people in those countries dont have to work with niggers

learning what the wrappers and boxes for each item.

Boss was willing to hire you so you make them look good to show gratitude.

It's hard trying to listen to them through the headset when there's effect traffic or some interference. Even when there's no background noise sometimes the audio isn't great quality.

get your coworkers to form a union just for the bants, do it faggot

>have bad memory
>always forget orders at drive thru if not directly by register inputting orders

What does it mean when a customer asks for a sandwich "fresh"?

The food is already made to order.

fresh just means they don't want the patty cold.

Want to restock and clean, but restaurant very busy.

Multi-tasking is a myth. Tell your cheap ass boss to hire the appropriate number of people to do the job correctly.

It means you spit in the food because the customer is such a picky asshole. It's shit fast food, FFS.

god damnit OP, stop samefagging every time your thread gets to page 10 and let it die already