Health-wise is it worse than any other sugar?

Health-wise is it worse than any other sugar?
Do you use it when a recipe calls for it or do you swap it with another sugar?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hKpJc4Kbzd4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What are you actually asking? Just looks like a pack of regular white sugar to me

I'm asking whether or not you think white sugar is inherently less healthy than less processed sugars, like brown or cane sugar.

Why didn't you just ask that in the first place then?
What is the difference between white sugar and cane sugar? Where I live, all sugar originates from cane sugar, be it raw, white or something else.

He did ask that in the first place.
>Health-wise is (white sugar) worse than any other sugar?
You're just high strung for some reason and looking to pounce all over a guy for asking a question.

Sorry OP, I don't know the answer, but my gut says sugar is sugar and intake should be limited regardless.

Holy shit, you're retarded.

If the rest of your diet is good, I don't think it really matters. The less processed foods are usually means you get more nutrition, but if you're not lacking anything it's okay to have a few processed foods.

It also depends on portion sizes. 6 teaspoons per day is the recommended limit for most people, while some people are consuming 5 times that amount.

Usually try to use other sweeteners if it's not in something like a baked good that'll change the texture though, not for health, but flavor.

I guess extremely unrefined sugars like muscovado or dark demerara sugars will have more trace elements, less sucrose and I'm pretty sure sugarcane has some B-vitamins and other amino acids which might stick around after the crystallization process.

White sugar is pretty much pure sucrose and, this is only speculation, there might be some absorption issues with an extremely refined sugar. It is possible that refined sucrose might lead to sharper insulin spikes than brown sugar and it is possible that stomach/gut absorption rates between unrefined and refined sugars are different. I don't know, I'm not a nutritionist.

Most brown sugars are basically white sugar with molasses added back in during a later stage of processing. I'd consider those about the same 'healthiness' as white sugar, though I'd put unrefined sugar a step above that.

However, white sugar is indispensable for baking and culinary uses where you can't have the molasses color the food. It's extremely valuable in that regard.
at the end of the day though
>sugar is sugar and intake should be limited regardless.

I really don't think it does, I think you're right it's all sugar. Most of the problems we have with sugar are from overconsumption anyway, and I don't think a few spoonfuls of white/brown sugar are going to make a damn of a difference.

I prefer darker sugars for taste most of the time anyway, and if I can convince myself they're marginally better for you then I get to act sanctimonious as well.

How am I retarded when OP asked what is the difference between white sugar and cane sugar? White sugar is made from sugar cane in various parts of the world. It everyone uses HFCS or sugar beets.

*not everyone

All refined sugars have a pretty equal impact on your health, and that impact is negligible. There isn't any substantial difference between white sugar, raw cane sugar, HFCS, honey and other syrups.

It's fine to use Sugar during Baking and Cooking. The real problem is the insane amounts of sugar in processesed food.

>Health-wise is it worse than any other sugar?
>what is the difference between white sugar and cane sugar?
pretty sure you are retarded, those 2 sentences aren't the same but for some reason you think they are.

i replace whatever sugar with maple syrup most of the time

>that impact is negligible

incorrect

t. National HFCS and Refined Sugar Producers Coalition

>that impact is negligible

As an American, I invite you to look around my neighborhood.

youtu.be/hKpJc4Kbzd4

Here is the answer.

Sugar is fucking sugar, what a retarded question for OP to even ask

Don't call me retarded ya dingus

I usually replace 1/2 the sugar in a recipe with sucralose because I want fewer calories and don't give a fuck about cancer. All sugar should be consumed in moderation

Sugar is worse then crack.

Most people consume more than the recommended amounts of... everything. It doesn't really matter what you're eating when you're just eating too much, it'll cause a problem.