>walk to random table, read the number and return back to wait awkwardly
>bartender notices me and asks what I'd like
>they have some special offer on steak so order a medium rare sirloin
>walk to the table I read the number from
>qt waitress is cleaning it
>sit down awkwardly couple of seats away
>she finishes cleaning and walks away so shuffle over to my table
>waiter arrives with a knife that might as well be a lumber saw
>tfw 8oz looks smaller than I expected, surrounded with peas, chips and a tomato
>poke steak with fork
>encounteringheavyresistance.jpg
>so this is what the saw was for
>use it to slice this fucker
>was applying a lot of pressure
>as the final sawstroke cuts the steak the jolt knocks about 20 peas off the plate
>silently pick them up and put them back in plate while nearby qt waitress wasn't looking
>pic related inside steak
>eat this shit that was the texture of a basketball
>no salt, no salt on anything on the entire plate
>autistically shuffle to get some
>knock peas off again with next sawstroke
>feel shitty after every bite
>kick as many of the peas that fell on the floor under the table hoping no one sees
>leave
>TFW this was seven quid

At least the pint was nice, r-right guys?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_last_surviving_World_War_I_veterans
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What's it like to be such an awkward, autistic fucker?

What the fuck's a quid?

did you legit expect Spoons food to be reasonably priced and edible? You're a fucking moron

feelsbadmang

One great British pound

I had a burger there once that was decent apart from drowning in sauce but I get drunk here almost every week so thought it would be good to try.

A fucking pound m80.

The burgers are the ONLY thing you should ever order from Spoons food wise.
Even then 80% of the time they're shocking.

'spoons Balti is alright. Or it was 10 years ago when I last had one, come to think of it.

it's ok, everyone makes this mistake once

NEVER get a cheap steak at a pub, they're always shit. Maybe one in 100 will be great but it's not worth the risk.

About $1.27 or €1.14 at current exchange rates.

> Not going to a place of known quality
> Not checking your modern smart device for a quick review
> Not calling them out on their shit food
> Not grabbing a quick butty while deciding on a location for a proper dinner

But they're a fucking massive chain that advertises itself as more of a restaurant. How is the food this shit.

I've now visited the butcher and got some knuckle steak (it was cheap). Gonna salt it BEFORE cooking unlike those animals

>How is the food this shit.

Because they're a fucking massive CHEAP chain whose primary market is workshy gib me's.

>if it's a large company then it guarantees the food is good

How can anybody be this naive

Bars serve shit food. That's an international constant. The best bar in my town doesn't even have a kitchen, so we just bring in our own food, and it works fine.

That isnt what I'm saying tho, niqqa. I'm saying how can they still be serving shit food, why haven't people just stopped eating there. Every friday night I see tonnes of people eating there so what gives.

Because they're lower class plebs who will shovel any old shit in their gobs because it comes with a free pint of Carling

They microwave it then finish it off in a pan for a minute or 2 to give it the illusion that it's been properly cooked.
I shit you not.
EVERYTHING is microwaved, and if it's meat, they microwave then blast it in a pan for a minute.

There's literally a thread up right now about how sitdown chains are dying.

It's a pub mate. A pub that serves cheap beer to plebs. When you're on your fourth pint of Stella at 11:45 in the morning you don't give a fuck how bad the food is.

>great British pound
You guys name everyhing so gay!

>His first thoughts are of homosexual activity
>Everyone else is the gay one

Reality check:

Weatherspoons is for £2.50-£3 pints of 5% beer. That means you can get 4 drinks for an hour of salary at the end of the week with friends, and a cheap, fine, greasy meal which fills you up for £6-£10 to eat with said friends.

For the majority, it is a place to get blasted for £20, or for older, lonely chaps to drink in quiet peace in the day where they can drink a pint and read a paper for about £2.60 an hour for the whole day.

Stop thinking its somewhere which should be extraordinary, it's not. It has its purpose. It's fine, nothing special, nothing awful. You get what you pay for, the atmosphere is who you go in with, the risk is low and the pay off is low.

>7 quid for a steak
>Expensive
You can't even get a fucking kebab for that price here, lad.

>Unironically living in Londonistan

I can get a huge portion of donner meat and chips for under 4 bong

Fuck London.

Translated for normal people:

Got a steak at the pub
Was pretty average

>wwi vets

You know the hygiene of the animals the meat came from is much worse than the Turks feet.

>actually caring about the hygiene of the animal

I wonder who could be behind this post

A well done steak is a bit worse than average.

>kebab for more than 7 quid

Do you live in zone 1 or some shit?

All 2 of them still alive, evidently.

I'm pretty sure the very last WW1 vet in the world died over a decade ago

I just meant the pub was full of old geesers, fellas

Mate you can't buy a decent size good quality steak in a supermarket for less than a fiver.
Now think the bar is expecting to make 100% profit, and pay their rent, and wages for the waitress and 'cook'.
What do you expect for seven quid?

>complaining about a $10 steak from a bar
Damn, you really are autistic

Last one died in 2012 surprisingly.

That's all good m8 but why couldn't they even get the medium rare bit correctly. I mean it even costs them less time to do if we're getting analytical about their entire operation.

The breakfast is good though. And they have unlimited refills of coffee.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_last_surviving_World_War_I_veterans

>lrn2google

They have to be close to extinct though.

Why didn't you just eat the pease?

>please eat the pease

>the meat is completely unseasoned
>it's overcooked
>peas on the side

That sounds like a typical British meal. What are you complaining about?

Cheap steak just doesnt have the structure to let you cook it anyway other than gray/brown dry overdone. Whatever juices are left leach out the instant it hits the heat.

Their eggs benedict is actually pretty good. And airports do it all-day, which is killer when you're flying Glasgow - London for the sixth time in a month.

Your mistake was not swapping your tomato, peas and mushroom for a side salad. Also give them hell for the steak, they'll cook your second one fine.

>Eating at Wetherspoon's

>i have the writing prose of a pretensious 'honors english' student in highschool

Every line was painful.

>pease on the floor
>typical British meal
Fair enough.

>pease on the floor

To be fair, OP sounds like he has autism--and I'm not talking about meme autism; that could have been avoided if he wasn't so fixated on avoiding embarrassing himself in front of the waitress. The guy was served a well done steak (it's a chain so he shouldn't expect much), chips/fries, peas, and a tomato for around 8 dollars. That's not too bad of a deal even if the food wasn't good. You get what you pay for and it couldn't have been any worse than McDonalds.

holy fuck the euro's that cheap right now!!?

Ivy wall user? looks like the same plates they use

Whetherspoons in UK. They got real ornate plates like a Moroccan mosque or some shit

I don't like steak so I'm not sure how it is, but my local wetherspoons does it for £4 with a drink on offer days.

>eating meat that isn't supposed to be well-done in Britain

It's as if you've never spent time in the country you've obviously lived your entire life in.

It sounds like you went to a Wetherspoons? Get the fish and chips or the curry. They're not going to be great but they'll be decent.

Worst hamburgers of my life have been had in Britain. Cooked to death. Brits are terrified of meat that isn't grey I think.

U wot, any decent place will cook a proper medium rare for not that much. Best steak I had was a place near Soho for a tenner

I suppose I wasn't really including London in my statement. I don't think London counts when talking about British food because it's the only area that's properly internationalized.

I'd rather have those new American burgers at McDonald's than a steak cooked to hell and beyond

>The guy was served a well done steak (it's a chain so he shouldn't expect much), chips/fries, peas, and a tomato for around 8 dollars. That's not too bad of a deal even if the food wasn't good.

He got a free pint of beer with it as well. Price wise that is bretty good.

After a set of night shifts, I always get the eggs benedict.
I like their rarebit burger as well.
Spoons is very comfy.

Maybe you should stop eating at Wetherspoons then you cheap cunt.

The all day breakfast is pretty good too, assuming there's a cook on that doesn't overcook the bacon into a shrunken fetus.

Fish and chips is always the only edible thing at a shit pub