Why is american beer so shit?

Why is american beer so shit?
Literally every american beer I've tasted, tastes like piss.

O B S E S S E D
B
S
E
S
S
E
D

You would know what piss tastes like.

Not OP, but I am American and I pretty much agree. All the big brand American beers are mediocre at best. There is a lot of good stuff happening in the home brew and microbrew scene, if you don't count all the gimmicky crap like "strawberry IPA" or whatever numales and hipsters are drinking these days.

Germany-level purity or bust.

Thoughts on pic? I liked it but I'm not picky

I really don't like this stuff. I'd seriously take the generic bud/miller/mich/coors lite pisswater stuff.

well what have you tried so far? dont drink bud, miller, or coors.

all beer tastes like shit
inb4 muh yuropean beer
its literally the same ingredients

would you prefer a wine cooler, faggot?

actually yes i would

Zima big comeback 2017

Except it isn't "the same ingredients."

That's like saying wonder bread is the same as a traditional brioche loaf. you know literally nothing. Fuck outta here.

>only stouts and lagers for me please, none of that hipster beer my good man, have yourself a euphoric day

Have you tried not getting the cheap shit?

grain, hops, yeast. literally varieties of wheat + water. do you feel like an adult now? you know beer is a high schooler drink right?

No, but that's clearly where your education ended. The type of yeast used, the source of the water, the types of grain, the method of brewing and fermenting all make a difference in the taste. If you can't tell the difference, then that's your own problem.

lol I was gonna say Zima, but thought they probably havent made that in 8 years. I dont remeember the taste.

yeah, they all taste like shit

You do realize that there are different types and quality levels of grain, right? Ditto for the yeast, hops and the water.

Do you think that a Ferrari and a '86 Toyota are the same thing because they're "literally an engine plus four wheels"?

>>you know beer is a high schooler drink right?
What does your opinion on that subject have to do with anything? Fuck, I don't even drink beer but I do realize it's pants-on-head retarded to say it's all the same thing.

yeah, they all taste like shit

>talks down on "hipster 'AMERICAN' beer"
>"so do you guys have, like, any good bräus?"

I just mean that flavored crap. If I wanted to drink something appley then I'd drink a cider. I like my beer to taste like beer.

Nothing wrong with drinking a little piss now and then.

What state do you live in?

America's beer scene is pretty great. I drank a ton of beer when i was in Germany for a couple weeks, and I'd say we're about evenly matched. Just don't drink exclusively garbage macrobrews and you'll be pleasantly surprised.

North Carolina...

Why?

>why is this low-cost, mass produced product not particularly good

Is getting what you pay for not just common sense in Eurabia?

I'm English and I can tell you fully that America has some fucking amazing ales... they're starting to catch up with the rest of the world in terms of flavour and quality of beer.

I was gonna recommend some good brews if you were on the west coast. But since you're not, I can't help you.

>I'm English and I can tell you fully that America has some fucking amazing ales

This. Most of our best craft beer tends to be pale ales/IPAs/stouts/brown ales. Basically the same type of shit you'd find over there in the UK. If Eurofags don't like British beer they probably won't like most American beers that aren't Bud or Coors.

>Most of our best craft beer tends to be pale ales/IPAs/stouts/brown ales.

That really is evolving though. Sure every brewery will have those styles but there is a growing trend with Kolsch, Alt, Saissons, Sours, Lambics etc. The ones who have established themselves have invested in lagering equipment and are doing some of the traditional european lagers.

tl;dr It's a helluva exciting time to be a beer drinker in 'murrica especially if you grew up when the only options were macro adjunct lagers and skunked imports.

>why does spoiled grass water taste so bad?

i no rite? motor oil and automotive steel has such a bad mouthfeel

This

What's best in the PNW?

>All american beer I've tasted is shit
How many have you tried? why don't you try telling everyone what you've tasted and then ask for suggestions base on that?
Or you can just shitpost I guess.

I like the idea of Sam Adam more than I like any of their beers. They're better than the macro adjunct lagers, but not by much. They give a fair amount of money to help small breweries, though. And Jim Koch seems like an alright guy.