How common is it for a grocery store to special order products for customers, for instance I want them to stock faygo...

How common is it for a grocery store to special order products for customers, for instance I want them to stock faygo, Mr pibb and Takis. Will they do this if I talk to a manager ?

They'd probably do it on the condition that you buy the entire palette yourself

What makes you think the grocery store gives one ounce of a fuck about some neet's snack food desires?

That's how I got halo top at my local shop. They probably have a product request form that you can fill out

I doubt it. They are at the mercy of corporate, who are forced to buy in minimum quantities from the manufacturer.

Odds are if they felt they could make money carrying the product, they would be doing so already.

Also, Faygo is highly regional.

depends on the product. mr pibb and takis will probably be easily done, but faygo might be difficult outside of MI

faygo is somehow shittier than every store brand though, so no harm done

I'm trying to get my local stores to carry the best sauces to help based jack

Publix will stock anything you ask them to, but they may wish you buy a whole case if they don't think it's worth stocking? I can't imagine you are having a hard time getting Takis, probably didn't look or ask where it's in the store.
Pibb and Faygo are worth asking about though.

Try asking a smaller independently owned store.

Is faygo that bad ? Rock and rye sounds good

>faygo is somehow shittier than every store brand though

fite me

Faygo can be had here in the western half of PA.

Large supermarkets don't really buy in stock to put on their shelves, they rent out shelf space in their store to suppliers and producers so they can have their products on them.
Shelves at eye level are more expensive to rent out than the bottom level shelves.

Faygo is good in my experience, only thing I avoid is the cola, because no cola tastes as good as Coke

Walmart will tell you to fuck off
Smaller places like Albertson's might give it a test if they've never ordered it before and just see how the rest of the palette goes. If it sells like shit, they'll dump it off in clearance and never order it again.

They will be very bothered by the request. It will interrupt their work and ruin their day. Honestly they will probably not even be able to do it. Most stores are a corporate entity that have a central purchasing and distribution system.. Just buy it online, friend.

All of that stuff is available on Amazon. Just order some and it will show up on your doorstep. That way you don't ever have to leave your house.

Publix does this

Have Faygo at Rural King here in Illinois.

I worked at a upper midwestern Piggly Wiggly in high school and it wasn't a big deal at all to request something like that

When I stocked we did this. The one I recall was some tea, PG tips or some other random shit. They came in and we put them on the shelf and only like one lady bought them or something. But they had long shelf life so it was 100% at the grocery managers discretion.

they can probably order you a case if you're willing to buy the entire case. our store does a 10% discount on case buys as well so it's great for booze options

I imagine a corner store will be more likely to do this

id order a case form faygo direct but the shipping is ridiculous

Faygo is available pretty much everywhere in Mississippi.

They don't want juggalos in their store, and beaners shop elsewhere.

I need to go to two different stores of the same chain to get some of my everyday ingredients.

Gee Mr. Coque Shekelstein, thanks for the tip!
I deposited 2 cents into your account for the generosity

I've seen faygo pretty much everywhere in Ohio

Whoop whoop

came here to post this
of course, Publix is southern only, and mostly in FL

When I worked at Whole Foods we would order customer requests all the time. Management would actually get on us to make sure we did everything reasonable to get the requests in. Just ask a manager.

A store down here in Louisiana, Monroe specifically, has carried faygo for a long time.

Fuck yea senpai

Whole Foods buyer here.

On the other hand Whole Foods can only buy from a regular suppler, can only sell products they have a price code for, and has a long list of ingredients they can not sell. Like, Takis have artificial colors, preservatives, and MSG. Whole Foods won't allow those ingredients in the door.

They have to order in bulk so you have to buy in bulk to justify it.

I worked in a liquor store where if we were asked about a wine that wasn't in our normal stock we'd get it if you bought the case.

How many in a case?

Former Wal-Mart grocery worker here.
We might special order a product if it sold out ridiculously fast and we know it's going to sell. e.g. Rice with gooks
But if you're wondering if we'll order some special yak-tear flavored water then we'll just humor you and say "I'll bring this up to the store manager at the meeting" and never mention it because I don't give a shit.

My local grocery will do special orders, but they won't stock the items on the sales floor. Instead you have to ask for them to check the back if any are left. Typically I leave my number and they call me when it's available.

However this is a higher end grocery store and I'm a regular. Your results may differ.

brown skined mongrel detected