Be red blooded American male, 1955

>be red blooded American male, 1955
>ten years ago you were storming Normandy, wading through piles of blood and guts to end the Nazi war machine
>come home
>work in a factory all day to provide for your family
>you drag your aching body out of the house at 5 am
>come home 12 hours later
>your wife plunks down a plate filled with spam molded inside jello
>"Enjoy honey, I worked all day on this!"

No wonder spousal abuse was so common in the 50s

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biodynamic_agriculture
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If you had lived through WWII, you'd be happy for damn near anything for dinner.

>jello

kek, have a
>you

Is spam a solid chuck of meat or like mcnuggets where its all blended and shaped?

>>be red blooded American male, 1955
>>ten years ago you were storming Normandy, wading through piles of blood and guts to end the Nazi war machine
>>come home
>>work in a factory all day to provide for your family
>>you drag your aching body out of the house at 5 am
>>come home 12 hours later
>>your wife plunks down a plate filled with spam molded inside jello
>>"Enjoy honey, I worked all day on this!"

If you were a Zanji slave in the Srivijayan empire you'd be happy if you were given some palm kernel husks to gnaw on after getting beaten all day on a shrimp raft

Things were so much better in the good old days before all this tellurocratic degeneracy. Why can't we go back to le good old days, when orang kaya wielded a certain sort of long-distance maritime suzerainty over the downstream vassals of their domain. I was born in le wrong century, *tips songkok*

like you have a right to preach you basement dwelling faggot

It's like a smooth paste with stabilizers to keep it together. Smells like dog food and it's very salty. Had to eat a room-temperature can of it once, I don't want any ever again.

Thanks. Never had it and now I know I did the right thing.

While the description is correct, the eating at room temperature was a serious mistake. Nobody does that except WW2 soldiers in trenches. The correct way to eat spam is to pan fry it. It's pretty ok, arguably even good (in a disgusting sort of way), if you fry it and eat it hot, with some eggs, or garlic fried rice.

Get off the pipe, asshole.

And this is probably one of the biggest reasons for the acceptance of the garbage US food culture arising in the 50's and still lingering today: Men were fucking tired. It's also why the men who fought and helped win WWII accepted the feminized macro adjunct lagers that developed to supply the weak feminized men unable to fight and the women that remained at home. American culture suffered terribly from WWII.

thats literally the entire post

>ten years ago you were storming Normandy, wading through piles of blood and guts to end the Nazi war machine
And now you get to watch The West die and rot.
Scammed much?

Enjoy your jello :^)

It's not much different from eating any of a billion different kinds of processed meat or sausage

Most of them aren't very pleasant if you eat them at room temperature

Even if you pan fry it thin and crispy it's still shit. Has an odour between loaf dog and cat food and a similar foamy texture. Ignore the inevitable replies of polynesian spam shills and just get bacon.

Underrated post.

You crusty mouthed virgin, NO. That is absolutely false. Go back to your containment board.
Men who came home from WWII had already become accustomed to foods like peocessed cheese, spam, jello, and other long-lasting shelf stable foods. While at home, staples were also rationed, people were encouraged to grow their own victory gardens, and women were working in factories supporting the war effort. By the time it was all over, and couples and families were able to unite, many of the enlisted men and women (yes, women were in WWII as well, functioning as nurses, drivers, secretaries, and other non-combat positions but in combat zones), they had a taste for that stuff. My grandfather fought in WWII, and my Dad fought in Korea, and they both actually enjoyed dishes that featured foods from that time, but were also thankful for the abundance of fresh foods and new foods. My dad especially loves trying new foods even now, at 84, but he'll still take down a plate of fried spam and eggs like a champion, and loves jello salads.

Bitter much Fritz? Maybe next time elect a führer who won't micromanage your military. Dumbfuck.

I forgot to say (and this is funny) that my dad has NEVER eaten liver since I've been alive, because apparently he had to eat so much of it in the service, he can't even stand the smell. Other stuff they ate he's fine with, and he loves all kinds of food, but that is a huge NOPE. I have other funny stories related to his service, but their not so much about food. Although, another service oriented food he still likes is SOS.

*they're*

>my relatives sacrificed and like food
>did I tell you my dad liked food?
>both my grandfather and father liked jello
>they was kangs and shite

And how does that refute my assertion that post WWII saw the decline of any kind of american food culture? Take a couple steps back there, dear.

I'd vomit all over the table and move 10 miles away and marry somewhere else and start another family knowing my previous family wouldn't be able to find me

i love aspic tho

The people who complain about wartime food are, in fact, the spoiled children of families that shirked their responsibility to the rationing efforts.

People say this, but post-industrial American food culture was shite to begin with. Look through any pre-war American cookbook and try to find anything that you'd actually make by virtue of anything but the novelty of making vintage food. It's not as bad as post-war food given that there's actual meat and shit, but it's not anything to write home about either. Probably on par with Swedish food in terms of palatability.

Of course, it was also much more difficult to cook and keep a home prior to modern amenities and most spices and 'exotic' foods like bananas were seldom available.The horrible post-war recipes were largely the responsibility of big food companies pushing them to sell their wares. There's a reason why housewives of the 50's were so hooked on barbiturates; all they had to do with themselves after working in the war effort was cook this bullshit and run a vacuum every so often. There just wasn't enough work to do to live a purposeful life.

>get home from europe after killing fellow white men so that jews could sell things to your wife
>little johnny comes home from learning about the holocaust
>"gee ma, whats for dinner tonight?"
>"well johnny, i followed what the talmudvision showed me and made jello casserole!"
>proceeds to sell out the future of their ephemeral children for minor comforts
tell me again why i should give a single iota of a damn about how """hard""" people had it back when a part-time summer clerk job would buy a new muscle car flat out?

my grandparents lived in communist hungary, while this strawman husband "drug" his aching body back from an 8 hour shift with 4 hours at the bar, they were being beaten and literally murdered by the police. did they enjoy a nice hot home-cooked meal when they got home? no, they got fucking stale bread and dirty tap water that gave them the shits

spousal abuse was common in the '50s because the men of that time were fucking pussies who couldnt hack a 9-5 while the rest of the world was in flames. greatest generation, how great
x
ddd

>this much cherry picking
You could make a shit pie, m8. Way to totally miss the point.

hey dont pass it completely

try spam musubi before you knock it

I thought American multiculturalism fixed that problem? Perhaps this is more of German/Anglo/Irish American thing. I'm sure the average French/Italian/Japanese/Jewish American in the early 20th century were still cooking their traditional foods which were way better than the generic white American foods.

i don't think literally means what you think it means

You're supposed to fry it and put it between a couple slices of bread.

Still better than a B ration

Could you possibly be more wrong?

MEN led the US food & advertising industry, they got rich off of WW2 and feeding your countrymen literal shit.

>(((Men)))

TIL beer has a gender

>implying americans did jack shit apart from supplying the filthy soviets and britcucks with resources

>show up near the end of the war, do a bit of fighting, a couple hundred thousand of you losers die

>years later after the war

>WE WUZ SOLDIERS N SHIEET, WE FOUGHT FOR ONE YEAR IN FRANCE AND ENDED THE WAR, SHEEEEIET

>act like Normandy was some war-changing event

>the soviets? they didn't even fight lmao (20 million dead)

>muh shitty victory was worth it guys, I love seeing the west crumble and die

You were fighting for evil.

my grandparents who both stormed sword beach ate mostly organic produce, mostly from their own farms. you disgusting fucking city dweller.

also shit on a shingle is awesome.

Regardless if all the US did was jewishly sell shit and loan money to soviets and brits, the war would have gone vastly differently were it not for us. Plus we totally 1v1'd Japan in the most massive naval battles of history. Eurocucks always forget about that whole other massive war that was going on at the same time.

Hey don't forget us Aussies you cunt. We helped.

I gave you credit for supplying the britcucks and soviet shitters. The soviets in particular would've lost if not for that. Japan was a tiny ass nation facing your insane industrial capacity, nobody thought they were going to win. It was essentially your own private war, that's why it's not touched upon much in Europe.

Thanks for ruining the west btw lad, real nice

>organic produce
Yeah nah your grandparents ate produce covered in DDT and all sorts of other poison because no one knew better.

It was not organic, the concept did not exist. Pesticides in the 50's were king.

SOS is the best though

>other massive war
the one where you "battled" an opponent that literally killed themselves while having nothing but a few canoes and outdated crop dusters?

Top kek.

Helped the Marines on shore leave get laid.

>Be homely American woman, 1955
>ten years ago you were working a factory line riveting fighter planes together for 12 hours a day
>5 years ago you pumped out kid after kid with no pain-killers
>fuck, never finished learning how to cook because war effort
>read recipes from cheap magazines and make those
>plunk down Spam jello on table and try to choke some down because you're a shit wife if you don't keep a good house
>God I wish mom didn't die at 45 to tuberculosis
>Puff on a filterless cigarette
Truly the American Golden Age.

>stare at plate
>smoke a lucky strike
>extinguish cigarette butt
>calmly stand
>saunter over to wife who's doing dishes
>run fingers through her hair
>she moans and leans her head into your hand
>slowly clench a handful of hair
>slam her head into the edge of the sink
>make her fry up a steak
>light another cigarette
>stand over her shoulder as she cooks and tries to stop the bleeding on her forehead
>instruct her to tell anyone who asks that she tripped and fell
>make her sleep on the porch with no blanket or pillow

get help

>It was not organic, the concept did not exist.
wroooooooooooooooooooooong
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biodynamic_agriculture

yeah now their grandchild shitposts on Veeky Forums

but user, health and environmental concerns were invented by tumblr in 2014

Veeky Forums told me so

Wrong. People who grew up prior to WWII when virtually all farming was done traditionally without industrial chemicals still used those methods for home gardens in the 50's. It was the generation that came of age with the ascendancy of big agri-chemical that thought the only way you could grow a vegetable was by saturating it with poison.

>the only way you could grow a vegetable was by saturating it with poison.
its was more to increase crop yields, which it still does extremely well.

it was pretty common to have a large side garden fenced off for personal use though without pesticides.

It sounds like you're putting a blue collar worker into a middle class setting...or getting pre-WWII factory workers confused with middle class 1950's American dads? People who ate this and whose wives could afford to stay home and work all day on jello most likely didn't work 12+ hours a day in a factory and probably worked in large scale offices right? Especially since veterans were given support from the government to go to college

except that you could be a middle class blue collar worker in the 50's and have a stay at home wife. In fact Just having a high school degree was enough to get into most trades and get a job that would solidly place you middle class. Keep in mind CEO's of companies only made about 15X the average worker salary then. Also the top tax rate was approaching 90%

Holy fucking shit dude

When I was enlisted in the USAF I would hear shit about the quality of the food there all the time.

I'm not saying I was dining at the fucking Ritz but the way you'd hear some people talk you would think we were serving people bush meat stewed in lukewarm piss.

There is a stark difference between food that is highly processed and prepared en masse and food that is straight up inedible.

While I'll admit that Boomers have marginalized newer generations, It's also not their fault your dumbass Hungarian grandparents didn't flee to someplace that wasn't a Communist shithole.

Also, spousal abuse happened because it was socially acceptable to deliver corporeal punishment to your wife if she was in the wrong, but some people took that and translated it as "beat your wife anytime something bad happens to you".

If you think my adjunct perspectives are that unusual, I suggest you go sit and have real conversations with 20th century war vets (as far back as you can find) and see what they have to say.

I am a 20th century war vet you mealy mouthed faggot. In case you haven't fucking noticed we've been in 2 endless wars since 1990. Fuck right off you millennial entitled something or other piece of crap while they continue to pass legislation to fuck me over after I defended the godamned Saudi Arabian oil industry and Israel to the best of my ability.

>calling me a millennial
This is how I know you're a dumb faggot who doesn't know who they're talking to. Go fuck yourself.

computer, open wikipedia

disengage safety protocols

Hell yes!

user no! You could be in there for hours! Days even!

This ad is horrible because it makes me wish my wife would give me more excuses for sexy spankings.

This, if you fought in WW2 you would have been gone hungry through much of the great depression. Any food and at such an abundance of which to be able to enjoy something eclectic like this would surely make you smile.

>Thats right goy, Amerikkka was the evil empire

>1955 - 10 = 1945
>D-day: 1944
We spent a year on those beaches
Very few made it out alive

literally cummed from jsut reading this

Fuck off we waz kings ins for blacks
Bitter dumb pos

Only niggs agree with this
Inb4 wWE WUZ KINGS N SHIEET

>when the meme is getting as old as the thing it makes fun of

Ugh
For fucks sake
There's a quote for that you don't have to be edgy
>Hard times create strong men
>Strong men create good times
>Good times create weak men
>Weak men create hard times

Amen brother

this is a very niche form of autism and i applaud it

Our beer sucks because prohibition ended three centuries of beer-making tradition, not because of WWII.

This was our punishment for defeating the Nazis.

Everything after the fall of the Third Reich is a hell we created and can't escape from. Now our women don't even cook for us.

plus a shitty reaction gif

Fucking kek

>after I defended the godamned Saudi Arabian oil industry and Israel to the best of my ability.

Top kek. Underrated post

Good shit.

>Stabilizers

You mean potato starch?

SPAM being bad is a meme. Compared to the food that most people eat, Spam is pretty straightforward.

All it is is ham, salt, water, potato starch, sugar and curing salt.

mein seid

>SPAM being bad is a meme

It's shit-teir meat and it's salty as fuck. Mind you, I'm not discussing the salt for some sort of silly health concern. I'm saying it tastes too fucking salty.

You're the dummy who ate it out of the can like a fucking animal.

Well hey look at this nifty can I've got here, the ingredients are just chicken, water, and salt, so it can't be bad!

Why would I eat any food straight out of a can?

I'm not sure what your point is.

I guess if you have never made stock in your life you might be freaked out by the gelatin? It does look kinda weird when you first see it, but that's a good thing, not a bad thing.

Everytime I see someone posting that photo for "cringe" purposes all it does is tell me that the poster is a very inexperienced cook.

>helped win WWII accepted the feminized macro adjunct lagers that developed to supply the weak feminized men
9/10 chance this is a neck beard who likes to take his #kekistan flag with him to protests

Go sip your girlish macro pisswater, little boi.

Can't be worse than those K rations

i love Veeky Forums,i really do.

No it does mean what he thinks it means.

>WW2 was only the European front
Those nips put up a hard fight man.

i'm so sorry to all the millions of german heros who died fighting for a better future. we murdered you.

It did for the most part but you still got a plethora of tasteless over fat saturated junk mostly coming out of the south or midwest.