How does Veeky Forums butter their pan?

how does Veeky Forums butter their pan?
Do you cut off a pat off the stick and melt that in a pan or take the whole stick and spread it on?

Other urls found in this thread:

thekitchn.com/whats-the-difference-between-east-coast-butter-and-west-coast-butter-229183
arla.se/produkter/arla-brand/kockserien-smorstav-100g-432966/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I cut off a pat because I'm not a savage who likes irregular pats on his toast or bits of fried brown gunk on his butter.

I generally throw a whole stick in the pan. Maybe 2 or 3 if I'm cooking for multiple people

Whole stick and spread it on,

Use cleared butter mostly for frying

I like to use Ghee when possible so generally just a dollop of Ghee, maybe mixed with butter to take the edge of the ghee flavor if I think the dish wouldn't be complimented well with it.

It's good to know I'm not the only lazy person that will just grab a whole stick and smear it on the pan.

>cut off a pat
t. Sweden

That's a normal english word senpai.

In Sweden we cut off a piece, our "sticks" is more like bars (.5 or 1 kg).

We do the same thing in the US senpai. I really don't know why you think it's any different.

A pat of butter is perfectly normal US and UK english.

This is what a "stick" of butter means in the US, versus Sweden. The top one could easily be used to lubricate the pan. The bottom one can't because it's not made for holding. That's why we cut off pieces.

He was just answering the question, I think the greentexting just confused you.

That's East coast butter stick, West coast is closer to european shape.

I just spray on some aerosol butter

i do this too, and just leave it in when done. saves a butterknife from getting dirty. throw in another stick when depleted.

speak for your own dipshit self
my butter comes in 1/4 lb. sticks like everyone elses in washington state

He's not talking about size, he's talking about shape.

why is this the case?

I use oil

It's not. You can buy the same shit any where in the US. The left one is a shitty store brand piece of crap but normal 1/4 lb stick just like 100 other brands or more in the US. The right one is also available any where in the US for $1 more in almost any grocery store.

It is, just fucking google it.

thekitchn.com/whats-the-difference-between-east-coast-butter-and-west-coast-butter-229183
many companies produce both kinds, and you can usually find one or two of either size in most larger grocery stores, but there is an actual difference, and it's a real thing, not made up.

You were faster than I

I live in wisconsin and I can only get east coast butter unless you count Kerry Gold as west coast butter

Can't you guys just make your own with all the cows there

we do have weyauwega star dairy, but we also send a lot of milk to minnesota where Land O Lakes uses it

Land O lakes makes both eastern and western stick depending on the market.

Since we're on butter topic, I bought some store brand butter today. It's salted because that's what I like on my english muffins and toast. The ingredients say "sweet cream butter, salt" and that's it. Is that all it's suppose to be? I don't know a lot about butter. What makes it different? I find all kinds of brands and they have their own flavor but seem to have the same ingredients so I really don't understand it.

I usually use goose fat.

shit sorry I meant "sweet cream, salt" butter is just in my head because of the thread.

sure but I've not seen western here

I ran out of butter so ive been using leavening to grease up pans. is this bad?

>Amerifats

those aren't real

arla.se/produkter/arla-brand/kockserien-smorstav-100g-432966/