Personal Staples

What are the personal staple ingredients (so things aside from flour, salt, sugar, etc.) that you keep in your kitchen at all times, and what do you like to do with them in a pinch?

Pic related is one of mine

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Frontier-Co-op-Nutritional-Yeast-Flakes/dp/B00016XJM4/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

6 month supply of mi goreng.

How are they compared to ramen, and how do you prepare them?

Canned whole potatoes. I microwave them drained with a pad of butter and some Old Bay seasoning for a poverty meal.

>How are they compared to ramen
They literally are ramen. It says so on the pack.

The japanese don't like them because they have too much flavour.

As much cheese as I can afford

Compared to ramen it's night and day. The cooking instructions are pretty easy. I usually mixed that up with boiled egg and corned beef (and some cheese)

I use this for coconut rice but I don't keep it on hand at all times.

Is this a new maymay?

Do you use it in any recipes?

It's great for quick curries, soups, and lazy concoctions. Can't do without it and tomato paste.

cabbage and onions

Onions and garlic can never do you wrong. Potatoes are also handy, and at least one can of good tomatoes.

>Do you use it in any recipes?
All the time

>breakfast/lunch
Grilled cheese sandwich
Egg & cheese wrap

>tea/dinner
Grilled halloumi w/ new potatoes
Cheese pasta dishes
Homemade pizza
Loaded jacket potatoes

Can also have it on crackers or on its own in a snack, the possibilities are endless

It's basically vegan parmigiano-reggiano, gives anything a nice cheesy nutty flavor. Everyone should keep some of this stuff around.

How can I get coconut milk for cheaper? It's like $1.69 a can. That shit adds up when I'm making thai food.

i bought a can of coconut milk.

i don't see how it can be described as "milk". it was like pure coconut oil, with separated water.

>invisible spice

that's cool af

Depends on the brand; some are much more integrated while others separate. Once you add heat it all comes together, though.
Go to an Asian grocery if you can; they're quite a bit cheaper there. If you can't, try and buy it online or wait for a sale. Avoid the organic brands; it's a fucking coconut who gives a shit if there were pesticides sprayed on the tree
Just got into this stuff. What's your favorite brand?

>canned potatoes

There's a reason you're in poverty.

>Is this a new maymay

It's called 'strayan shitposting. It's not new.

Like the other user said, Asian grocery stores.

I live in an expensive area and regular grocery stores sell a can for $2 if it's not on sale, while the Asian grocer across the street sells the same thing for around 50 cents.

Same deal with green onions, which I always keep on hand. I'm not even Asian, but I also always keep kimchi around, because it's a more flavorful version of based sauerkraut (>hurr durr, make your own - I have and don't eat enough to make it worth the effort), and am in love with angry grandma chili crisp and golden mountain sauce.

Also vodka and liverwurst.

I order mine from Amazon:
amazon.com/Frontier-Co-op-Nutritional-Yeast-Flakes/dp/B00016XJM4/
^Cheapest you can buy (~$0.69/oz) without spending like $60+ on an 11 lbs bag.

Protip: Use bytheunit.com to unfuck Amazon's retarded unit pricing search engine for various ingredients you buy like that are either pricey to get locally or staples that you order in bulk like basmati rice, good Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, sherry/balsamic vinegar, and especially spices like saffron or paprika.

Holy fuck sounds godly. Do you fry the corned beef first?

haha good goya buy the *real* coconut milk