Cutting a burger in half

A friend just said to me...

"If i am eating at a burger restaurant, i like to cut the burger in half with a knife first.
My wife got me into it and it makes it all easier to manage"

Has my friend been compromised or is this acceptable behaviour in 2017?

It's always been acceptable behaviour in developed nations that have a heritage.

>t. Jamal Monkey-Fingers

it is unacceptable, report him at once

could see why as it seems like every burger place is having a competition to make their burger so over the top and stupid you need to dislocate your jaw to eat it

I'm English.

I'm White.

Where to, he's travelling back to Sweden tomorrow?

>cutting a burger in half makes it easier to fit in your mouth
Retard.

Can confirm its the same height.

I use my teeth to cut it in to manageable chunks as i eat it, give it a go, you wont look back. :)

Thanks for doing the science senpai.

I do it because burgers are huge now and I like to know if it's been cooked properly before I chomp into it.

Also, it's been acceptable forever. If you can cut a sandwich in half before serving it you can cut your own burger.

Why isnt Veeky Forums able to take a good, clean, hard stance on anything anymore?

Pretty sure that we can all agree that you're a fag

I also agree about this posters homosexuality.

more fun to argue if you don't have anything to contribute

The fuck, this isn't Studio 54 you pair of queens, i'm only here for the burger talk.

I came here for validation.

OK

I cut my burgers in half if I get them at a restaurant as they are usually quite large, and I mean that in a diameter way and a height way, but the reason is to deal with the diameter problem. It becomes like eating two separate burgers so there is less of a chance that you will run out of bun or some other ingredient for the last bites. It is also a good way to check doneness and you get to see all the pretty layers. It is practical, safe, and aesthetic to cut your burger.

At home I don't need to do any of that especially because I like to make small 3-4oz burgers with very few toppings and I know how to cook

I do it all the time. It may be messy depending on what I have in the burger. But I do it just in case I want to take some home for left overs

doby pls

Ok, you've explained yourself well.

How do i reword what you've said to my friend, to make him look like a dick still?

I'm thinking maybe because his wife got him in to it?

That's being a Nu-Male for ya. Real men take big boy bites.

ask him if his wife got him into pegging too

tell him he has small hands

yea
Thanks, this is much more like it,. starting to get somewhere now anons. Good work.

Thats Dolan...fucking summerfag...

summerfags are a myth, shut up

I think he was asking for dobby please.. which is why i posted dobby next to be nice.
I dont know desu, maybe escaped from /r9k/ or something!?

Oh no, dont say that user,
the summerfags are not a myth.

Kys you insufferable faggot

What happened to you?

>"If i am eating at a burger restaurant, i like to cut the burger in half with a knife first.
>My wife got me into it and it makes it all easier to manage"

This man has a wife?

Yes and a 4 year old daughter.

He lost his job a few months back, so they are moving back to her parents this summer to try to make it work out there.

"""no"""

I think it's something shitty cooks do to check and make sure it isn't still raw inside. There was one episode of kitchen nightmares where Gordon had one of the retard chefs start doing that. They didn't comment on it, but I figured it was for that reason.

ive cut my burgers from restaurants in half before but the last time I got one I didn't. Its usually the toppings for the burger that make it unwieldy. I like the whole burger experience better as long as I'm not slopping toppings in my lap.

But also let me add the toppings can make a good burger great so there's that too so I will happily eat a great burger in two half burgers.

I do it to make sure my burger is cooked how I asked for it to be cooked and to make sure whatever toppings are there or not there, literally no other reason.

>it makes it all easier to manage
It can...
If the burger has slip n slide style toppings on it, biting from the edge of that center slice down the middle, will allow you to 1) eat with one hand vs two, and 2) allows you to hold more center-like the toppings, bun and burger in a vertical stack. When you bite into that stack, you're not applying pressure to just the part your two hands can wrap around, but right above where you just bit. 3) You can stop eating at the halfway point, and pick up a fork and have a little of your cole slaw or salad, or sip your drink, have a couple fries or chips. Talk a little bit. Give your hands and mouth a rest, and that second half is just waiting for you, intact, not pressed all to hell with a bun that has had juices on it pressed in for several minutes. 4) Cutting it in half allows you to more easily use your free second hand to apply some delicious sauce on the side to each bite (more mayo? dip in BBQ?). 5) Cutting in half allows you to right away see if there is a center bite that is too rare, if it matters to you (and it should).

So what your friend said is fact, and you'd know if you had tried it or ordered burger creations often. It's not at all equivalent to some frou frou behavior, though it does aid neatness. It keeps the burger together til the last bite.

He still shouldn't be being shown how to eat by his wife though right?

>half the size
>can fit in twice as small place
science, dipshit, you may have heard it mentioned in school

summerfags are a myth is a meme

Cutting it in half helps me lift it with my tiny hands without dropping onions/lettuce everywhere

When you cut a sandwich/burger in half it makes it easier to eat because it's easier to take a bite from the corners than a round part. Cutting it in half doesn't mean you're wearing white gloves and eating a sandwich with a fork.

Precisely this.

Exactly that.

You're in good company.
I hear Melania does Trumps in quarters with the crusts cut off.

it is fine.

The only person I know who does this is my mother.

Your friend is basically a girl now, m8. I'm sorry.

It has always been acceptable. I'm sure I'm quite older than you, and I've seen people do it my whole life, both strangers and family, in all of the states and countries I've lived in.

as if that golddigging whore is making him sandwiches

You turn it and take it from the side.

I have noticed around summer there is much less subtlety to the humor.

If you want to be stuck up when eating a burger or you're overly embarassed about people seeing you being even slightly messy you use a burger pocket. A knife and fork will just make everything worse about the meal

Now you have me intrigued. What the fuck is a burger pocket Senpai?

>burger pocket

Every single burger in Japan is served in one of these

It may be just me, but that "burger pocket" seems a helluva lot more feminized than cutting it i half, desu.

Who cares?

It was part of his original post. He says his wife got him into it, implying it has a feminine overtone, then asks if he's been compromised, implying feminized. So I assume OP cares.

"If you cant even hold a burger without making it easier to eat, how do you expect to hold onto a job?"

what a fag

Nope.
Weeb.
Get a passport.

Not every, but it's very common and the best way to eat any burger with dressing beyond cheese and pickles.

You can order them here as "pretzel bags" and not have to deal with lolchinashipping.

>small 3-4oz
a m e r i f a t s
I remember when a quarter pounder was something dad would skip the fries with, and that after a day working construction

>I remember when a quarter pounder was something dad would skip the fries with, and that after a day working construction
m a n l e t s

Literally this.

>calorie intake dictates height
Retard.

A lack of calorie intake when you're young can stunt your growth.

>having half of your burger bleed out its juices while you are still eating the other half

Yeah there's something wrong with your friend, he's not an autistic lardo yet he's still hanging out with you

That's because the increase in summerfags is evened out by annoyed oldfags leaving for the summer.

sorry, parking slips are handled sat the next desk over

Fuck that

I like to go at my burger like a goddamned cave man

Because? Because fuck you that's why, maybe I want to eat 3/4 of it without cutting it like some pansy faggot

Not at all, i always keep a few burger pockets handy in my manbag.

!00% this.

You're correct, nobody can take that away.

This is the worst kind of shitposting.

"Eat your burger like a man!" How insecure are you?

I did the same with your mother

Name a place where they don't. My wife and I talked about this before she moved back with me to the US as an obvious (but small) cultural adjustment she'd have to make.

The problem is the HEIGHT you fucking ape, cutting it down the middle will not help.

I would do it in a dodgy restaurant, in case it is raw.

i do that too, prevents it disintegrating halfway. aslo check if cooked as i asked (would eat anyway but can adjust)

i've seen gordon ramsay present a burger this way so i would assume it is acceptable

McDonalds.

Also to anybody who ever complains about toppings or fillings sliding or falling out in a sandvich, eat it upside down.

aren't burgers supposed to be messy?

You fucking retard, you cut it in half along the burger equator to make it half as tall.