Dating a vegetarian/ vegetarian recipes?

Veeky Forums i don't come here often but whats your opinion on dating a vegetarian?

Shes vegetarian because she has stomach problems after eating meat, so its not like shes a peta girl.

I almost always have meat with a meal, what are some good vegetarian recipes?

op you should know your wojak/pepe pics will get deleted

the mod doesn't like it

Remember that vegetarians, unlike vegans, can eat dairy.

So you should make something cheesy as fuck or something with eggs like a quiche.

opps sorry, i only come here once in awhile to ask for meatbread/recipes from Veeky Forums
>plz be gentle mr.mod

Find a Pahjeet cook book and look up a vegetable curry recipe. Coconut and/or mushroom should add some protien, and all the spices ensure it'll be tasty.

She's like me, except I eat a little meat every few days. Fettuccine alfredo is always a good meatless dinner.

i forgot, she also said she doesn't like the "texture" of eggs, so i don't know if thats just like eggs in a pan eggs, or eggs quiche or omelette (im good at omelettes).

she said nothing about dairy though, so perhaps something down that road?

find a new girl

Literally just replace meat with quorn, eggs and cheese. Going vegetarian is the easiest thing in the world.

Thanks so far dudes, ive never cooked indian, though i rather like going out for it, any advice? i've got a slow cooker bbq, oven, microwave, and a rice cooker

I'm in canada, so apparently quorn is banned.

I've done some tofu stuff, and bean curd stuff from my weebier days

Most of the times, I don't really like vegetarians. But there are some cute girls who just don't like meat, or have trouble digesting it, and say they are vegetarians put of politeness, but don't care if others eat meat. The latter seems your case so really look if she can't eat any sort of meat or just red meat.

yeah i work with her, and ive talked with her plenty but didn't find out she's veg till recently

A rice cooker and slow cooker should set you up pretty well for Indian. Only cooked it once myself, as far as I can tell curry is a lot like other stews in that the #1 rule is always be building flavors. Searing some veg or protein in a pan? Deglaze that shit for the sauce. Bringing it all together to simmer in the slow cooker? Add broth(in this case vegetable broth) instead of water. Cooking rice to serve with it? Broth and a few herbs go into the rice cooker with it.

whats the best thickener for curries, flour still or maybe powdered/ cruched chic pea ? thin sauces have such little impact for me

Google seems to suggest tomato paste or yogurt. The later should definitely make that a hearty meal.

Curries shouldn't require any added thickener. The thickness comes from long slow simmering (reduction), and from the ground up spices. Yes, you literally should be using so much spices that the ground spices act as a thickener. The long slow simmering also breaks down some of the veggies/meat which act to thicken the curry.

Definitely use unsweetened Greek style yogurt though! Probably obvious but still I don't like to assume. Ass you and me and all that.

>Shes vegetarian because she has stomach problems after eating meat, so its not like shes a peta girl.
Sounds like a lie. People aren't allergic to pork, and beef, and shellfish, and chicken, etc. It doesn't work like that. Meat doesn't trigger IBS either.

what a little faggot

her words were that it gives her headaches, "for months", though this could just be the usual lady-hyperbole

ayo dis nigga retarded

Vegetarians aren't particularly obnoxious or dogmatic evangelizers. You can associate with vegetarians and not realize they are vegetarian. Not so with the loony vegans. Vegans are the equivalent of the Christian right, Islamic fundamentalists and Orthodox jews.

How is this an issue? I'm dating a vegan and I am in no way vegan. I don't eat a ton of meat, but I do eat it maybe once or twice a week.

When I cook for us, I make vegan stuff because I'm not an asshole — I just add cheese or sour cream or whatever to mine after I've portioned my dish out. He doesn't give a fuck, what I eat is my decision. When we go out for meals or order seamless, we tend to frequent vegetarian/vegan-friendly restaurants, but I've ordered meat in the past and it's not an issue.

There are frequently vegetarian/vegan threads on this board, just check them out.

Learn to actually cook instead of relying on meat to be the centerpiece of every meal

You are just retarded, possibly with a sub 85 IQ. Listen, she says that because otherwise you'd think she's a "peta girl", as expressed in your initial post. Because you are prejudiced fuck.

IDK what it is about vegetarianism that makes everyone so angry.

Anyway, I'm not vegetarian myself but I do like to cook vegetarian meals time to time. I love mushrooms for vegetarian meals. A mushroom & wine and/or cream sauce on Pasta is delicious. Also I recently made some amazing black bean burgers. The secret to good black bean burgers is to bake the beans in the oven before mashing them to get out excess moisture and to use a good amount of fat (I added cheese and mayonaise to the bean mix) and MSG. I also added lots of Worchestersire sauce to the burgers, which isn't technically vegetarian but Idc

Can she eat crustaceans or seafood?

And then there's this guy who pops up. Christ, just google vegetarian.

>not like a peta girl

I don't know, she sounds like a little bitch to me. Go get you a girlfriend who is in shape and likes her steaks medium-rare

Simply not true. I know someone who can't eat beef, chicken or fish. Leaves pretty much just pork. I've seen him have allergic/auto-immune reactions from these foods.

this

Dated a vegan for 9 months or so. Actually food never was a problem, she wasn't the preachy kind of vegan. At restaurants I'd just order something with meat and she got something vegan, no biggie. Cooking with her was also okay, some vegan recipes we made were actually great.
All in all, I'd say give it a try and see if you two can make that work