Why am I always craving salty foods, Veeky Forums...

Why am I always craving salty foods, Veeky Forums? Is there a way to get my sodium fix without resorting to overly processed foods?

Also favorite salty snacks thread. I love scraping the big salt crystals off of pretzels before I eat them.

>Craving salty foods

You could like my sweaty balls i can assure you it low in calories

>like your balls
first post worst post?

That's a sign of dehydration, salt makes it worse. Drink at least 3 liters of water every day and the cravings will diminish.

If you still experience cravings, sprinkle a little on your food, it will be easily tasted, satisfying the craving, without adding excess sodium

Salt is necessary for hydration. You'll note that all endurance runners, cyclists, hikers take in salt with the water that they drink.

It's called "electrolytes" in market speak, but it's really just salt.

Do you sweat a lot aka constantly working out on the job like labor? If so, indulge. If not die of heart/cardiovascular diseases.

>electrolytes

Please learn how hydration works. Sodium is necessary to keep you hydrated but it can dehydrate you in excess, that's why you can't drink seawater.

I didn't say that sodium was unnecessary you spoon

"electrolytes" are a marketing scam to trick morons like you into buying overpriced sugar water that you imagine is somehow good for you. The only reason the people you listed "need" to take in extra salt because they're losing salt due to heavy sweating. It has absolutely nothing to do with someone who is dehydrated simply due to not drinking enough.

You can't drink seawater because it is fucking LOADED with salt and has a salinity level of 3.5%. People used to get lost at sea and drink saltwater and it was so much salt that not only would it dehydrate them even further, it would make their kidneys fail.

You're deficient in iodine. Supplement the iodine in your diet, and practice a bit of self control.

Yeah, no shit you can't drink seawater.
There's a good reason people drink salted tea in hot as fuck Mongolia though.

Dubs don't lie.

sunflower seeds in the shell. check the back though because the salt content can vary wildly

i find the ones from the grocery stores can have half the salt as the ones you get at a gas station

I dunno but I think if you stop eating salt for a while then you eventually stop craving it so much.

>you spoon

Heh.

>Why am I always craving salty foods, Veeky Forums?

If you are a becoming a drunk then that's because of the booze, quit drinking and you will appreciate sweetness again.

You're either dehydrated or iodine deficient.

That, or perhaps OP has kidney problems. Worth checking that with a doctor.

I add lime juice to stuff and it seems to add a salty taste without all of the salt

Wait, what the fuck.

I lost my taste for desserts and candy years ago. Didn't think about how it coincided with my drinking.

Is this actually a thing?

Some people have a predisposition to salt craving. We didn't evolve with such a preponderance of salt rich food until recently.

Stick your finger in some of the white stuff, suck on it without swallowing and then spit it out. Wash your mouth out after.

Air poped popcorn. With no butter or other greasy stuff americans put on it. I do this a lot. Sometimes I swap half the salt for some MSG.

My favorite store bought prepackaged salty snakes are Have A Corn Chips, spicy Chex mix, trader Joe's pop corn (all of it) and just plain old chips and salsa

They consume salt because they lose a huge amount of it when running/cycling/whatever sweaty endurance sport they're partaking in. Normally people don't sweat that much in such a relatively short period of time.

I only like salt, not salt and vinegar