>>>/news/

I don't wanna talk shit, but how do you manage to fall in a fryer?

got called racist at greggs the other day

must of been using one of those used ones from the navy, i heard they can flash-fry a buffalo in 40 seconds.

Was probably a brown person, good riddance

It said he was servicing one of the vent hoods above the fryer, which only had a thin metal covering put over it while it was heated up, and the guy wasn't familiar with the store so he didn't know it wasn't safe. It said only his leg went in, it's not like he was totally submerged, but I'm guessing he got an infection or something that killed him.

Publix is the best grocery store in the United States of America

The closest Publix to me is in a decent area but sells spoiled meat and moldy produce. I know they aren't all like that, and it's most likely a problem with the management, but it's still pretty bad.

>Gwinnett

I hope it wasn't the Publix on Duluth Highway...

>Brown person

I think the PC term would be "darkie"

check the link, he's white. you can officially be mad about this incident.

tell us what happened lad

>he's white
Not no more.

>be american
>get fried

This person was skilled enough to be tasked with servicing vent hoods above fryers, but not smart enough to know what the lid on a fryer looks like, where the general position of the fryer is, and why it's a bad idea to step on it? Did he think the fryer wasn't under the hood? Or the flat piece of metal with the handle on it was for bracing yourself during earthquakes?

None of this seems right. People who clean hood vents typically come in at or around closing time. Fryers are typically shut off several hours early because there's little point to making a bunch of fried food in advance when that effects its quality. So, taking this into account, why was the fryer hot enough to give the man lethal burns?

Something just doesn't seem right, I guess.

Cracked a thorough grin

And all that is likely why there's ground for a lawsuit.

Why would they continue operating the cooking equipment while such maintenance is scheduled to take place? There was an user OP a few days ago that specialized in installing and servicing commercial restaurant equipment who I'd like to comment on this.

What!? A reasonable reaction to someone suing for corporate malfeasance!? That's not how we handle things in 'Murica!

for groceries not even close. for its hot meals though, yes.

cracked a smile, thx user

>Why would they continue operating the cooking equipment while such maintenance is scheduled to take place?

Because someone fucked up. The equipment should have been shut off and locked out before any maintenance work begins.

This is the best post on Veeky Forums.

>inb4 kys Floridian
suck my dick you probably go to some gay shit like Ralph's.

In 40 seconds? But I want it now.

Don't make light of this, a lot of Americans are forced to work labor jobs in hopes of building a better future for their kids. Guy was just trying to get a leg up in life, instead he went from the frying pan to the fryer.