Do amerifat fast food chains lie on nutritional charts?

Do amerifat fast food chains lie on nutritional charts?

pic related, A&W Bacon Double Cheese burger. 2 patties, lots of cheese, but they say it only has 650 calories. How is that possible?

Calories is generally accepted as short for kilocalories in America.

pic related is yuropoor burger king

_900 calories_

How much did you expect it to be?
How many kcal/100 g?

I love it when they just pick a random popular city and use it to advertise a dish with no cultural connection to the place

Bread: 200
1/3 lb beef: 300
Cheese: 100
Bacon: +50
=========
650 Cal
Overestimating bacon and cheese desu so 650 is reasonable. I believe they are allowed 20% error

650 calories is about right for that, where the heavy hitting in calories will come in for most people is the fries and people drinking sodas

I'd say that the cheese should be 100 calories per slice (so 200 total), and then you gotta factor in the mayo, but yeah I believe that's within the allowable margin of error. Depending on how thick the bun is that would also make it more than a somewhat standard 200 calorie bun.

Why haven't burgers wrapped in lettuce instead of bread caught on in America?

To be fair ~243 kcal per 100g seems way too low unless they put a lot of salad/tomato/onions in it.

What? That's a fairly common thing to have available or "get it as a low carb wrap". There are just so many different kinds of chains/resturants that obviously not everywhere is going to do it.

>allowed 20% error
I remember in an O-chem lab, we were taking samples of like sodium or something in coca-cola.

It was wayyyy higher than the label said, I don't think that's uncommon. It's why I don't trust nutritional labels. And stuff like meat is even harder to gauge correctly because of marbling etc.

Cuz it sounds nasty as fuck?

I've always assumed that nutrition labels are more of a ballpark than anything. Especially with fast food since each worker will always put on differents amount of things without thinking about it

I never took the time to really think about it before then, but yes, ballpark is the correct way to interpret them.

Lettuce isn't as good of a thermal insulator, it doesn't hold together as well, and you can't really put much in the way of toppings in it. I prefer my lettuce wraps to be full of some kind of minced meat dish instead for those reasons.

because we put the lettuce between the buns like civilized humans

Those are Imperial calories
metric fag

>People Drinking Sodas?
Is the the sequel to
Sodas Drinking People?

kinda like hamburger

Fun fact: When buying quality brand 40% vodka it's entirely possible that it actually has less than 20% alcohol.

As a rule of thumb, cheese is about 110 Cal/oz, so I estimated them each to be half an ounce. But, I looked at the amount for Kraft singles and it's 60 per slice so 120 Calories of cheese.

Yeah I forgot the mayo, and I did think the bun was more than 200