Pork Belly

Gotta figure out how I'll prepare this for this weekend. I've got a jar of unused Korean BBQ sauce in the cabinet, plus tomorrow I'm visiting Altomonte's, an Italian market. I know pork belly is super tender so maybe I can use that to its advantage. Any ideas?

Other urls found in this thread:

yelp.com/menu/peter-luger-steak-house-brooklyn/item/lugers-sizzling-bacon
youtube.com/watch?v=nnVUbiXQbpU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Serve it over some collared greens (or greens of your choice). Never cooked, only ate, but on top of greens if magnificent.

Someone is recommending I grill the porkbelly, but I dunno. What other ways can you prepare something as fatty and succulent as this?

4 hours in a pitt on low heat

Also cut diamonds in the fat and rub in brown sugar and whatever you want NOW. You don't have time, don't respond to me, get that thing prepped

Not OP but I also have some pork belly I'm looking to use soon. Don't have access to a grill, just oven and stovetop with a wide variety of pans available. What are some good ways to prepare it that don't include grilling?

Well, you could smoke it, but that'd be redundant.

I'd think braise then broil.

It's not tender. You need to cook it for a while to break down the connective tissue.

Sear and braise it.

bake it at 350 for an hour or so per pound, broil for 5 minutes to crisp up the skin.

Bad news anons: I can't grill or smoke it this weekend due to rainy weather. How else could I prepare it other than braising it?

Do it "Peter Luger" steakhouse style. Cut it thick, 6 slice per pound. Broil til crispy done. Tomato and onion on the side.
yelp.com/menu/peter-luger-steak-house-brooklyn/item/lugers-sizzling-bacon

Confit that shit nigga with some garlic and rosemary and thyme. You'll end up with dope garlic+rosemary+pork infused cooking fat too

I've made pork belly many, many ways. My 3 favorites are homemade bacon, Marco's crispy pork belly with cider cream sauce, and asian style braised and deep fried pork belly. (That last one is the big winner with my friends and family, it fucking melts in your mouth).

so soy braised pork belly

While I do love dong po rou it takes a looong time to cook with lots of steps, idk if OP would be interested in making something that involves so much prep

Sous vide it for 24 hours then cut it up and pan fry it.

You can cook pork belly a whole bunch of ways.

>super slow smoked or grilled
>slow roast, like 250F for 5 hours or so
>braised, then optionally broiled or fried
>sliced thin and seared/stir fried
>confit, especially if you have other pork fat to use

isn't that just unsliced bacon?

Well it hasn't been cured so I guess its technically not bacon, but its the cut bacon comes from.

To OP, this looks like a pretty simple and straightforward method, worth a watch.
youtube.com/watch?v=nnVUbiXQbpU

mustard, garlic, garlic, garlic, red paprika powder, salt, pepper
Add those in any order you want during the oven bake, but rub the chopped garlic everywhere, especially in the squares on the skin, like in your pic.
The lines i cut are diagonal to those, but whatever.
Find a way to collect every drop of it, you can use it for everything when it sets a bit.
Keep it simple but never forget to do it with love

Dont listen to soyfags

Check out MPW's recipe. It's on youtube under the title "Great British Feast" or something like that. Comes out fucking amazing.

If you want to use your Korean BBQ sauce then just baste some on during the last ~10 minutes of cooking.

Slice it, pour sauce over it, and grill it fatty-side up.

Place on a bed of vegetables if you want to.

I know we like to rag on him but MPW did a good video for those. I think it's called something with "the best crackling" or something.

sear, braise, then broil with some of the korean bbq sauce on top to make it nice and shiny. buy a fuckload of cilantro from the italian market.