Hello Veeky Forums I'm a bit of a food fag and traveling to Chicago this weekend...

Hello Veeky Forums I'm a bit of a food fag and traveling to Chicago this weekend, does anyone here have any tasty or hidden recommendations. I'll be staying downtown near millineum park and would love some suggestions around that area! Thanks!

Other urls found in this thread:

broadcastify.com/listen/feed/763/web
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Girl and the Goat.

Good stuff?

'E 'ure 'o 'et 'ome 'Go 'za 'riend.

Wut

Harold's Chicken Shack, m8.

You're welcome.

>? ? go get some chicago pizza friend

I'm picky about my fried chicken (from the Deep South) but I'll give it a shot

>Be sure to get some Chicago pizza friend.

Go to the Grand Lux for lunch one day. Check out Lou malnatis. Get a Deep dish Lou.

I'll look into these right now on my eat list is:
Luke's Lobster
Frontera Grill
Soanglish Mexican Ktichen
Falafel

adam?

Not me

Well it's more about food than actually going around Chicago seeing the sights so it fits here you cumlicker

girl n goat is overpriced shit

Frontera Grill for sure, Rick Bayless is my nigga

whats the place where you get a chocolate shake

Dank glad it's on my list desu
Shake shack?

Chicago is full of gigantic faggots. That being said, get an italian beef and a slice of good deep dish.

What is the wait time like on a Saturday night btw?

Portillo's. Chocolate Cake Shake there is incredible.

Pic for reference.

Yeah imma def hit up a Portillos on my way in to Chicago especially if I get early and have to wait for my hotel room

Lou Malnati's for some top-tier 'go 'za.

>ctrl+f
>no revival food hall
revival food hall

Is near millienum park?

Aww man just looked it up but have to leave Monday morning, maybe I can sneak in real quick before hotel checkout time

m8 was just about to post this, and digits confirm

there's a great nashville chicken place there (Budlongs), and a good ramen place (Furious Spoon)

it's like a ten minute walk tops from millienium park. straight west on Adams

Nice my hotel right around there, it sucks I leave Monday morning and can't visit revival food hall it looks great

there's a super famous burger place called Au Cheval that's maybe a ten minute uber from where you're at

supposed to be one of the best in the country. i had it and it was good, but i dont go gaga over burgers

No idea but I'd make a reservation for sure. tonight or tomorrow should be early enough

>I'll be staying downtown near millineum park and would love some suggestions around that area! Thanks!
here is a suggestion, only move around during the day and ask the frint dest to give you a set of boundaries to not cross so you don't end up in a bad part of town. want to know how bach Chicongo is? listen to their police dispatch ANY time of the day.
broadcastify.com/listen/feed/763/web

kek, you aint gonna get in any fucking trouble in the goddamn loop

maybe if he accidentally rides the red line to the sox stadium he'd have something to worry about

the crime map is like a literally halo of protection around where the white people stay

Neat I'll check it out maybe

Lol thanks but I'll be fine I'm from a rougher city than Chitown

Cool! I plan on staying near milliunem park, walking around the area north of that where fronterra grill is, then the area around the fields museum. All those okay? I'm a big dude from a rough city so not really worried

literally anywhere in this area is safe as you can get

Neato that's literally all where I am going

Pretty excited about this gluttony adventure desu

/pol/ idiot found

Let's make this a Chicago food general maybe if OP doesn't mind?

If you're a Chicagoan, you know Chicago is a big food town. Lots of famous upscale restaurants etc. 'Go 'za etc. But if you're a middle of the road foodie/"regular person" wicker park is where you go. (Chicagoans please jump in and correct if anything I'm saying is wrong) Chicago is big on japanese, especially japanese bar and finger food right now. There is a gazillion ramen places popping up everywhere. The only issue is that I haven't found a ramen place that makes their own noodles, which is a requirement imo for a ramem place to be properly "good". There is a sushi place called Wasabi on Milwaukee ave. Get a poke bowl, you won't regret it.

Chicagoan here. Be sure to visit this quaint little neighborhood called Englewood during your visit. Great place with great food and an abundance of culture to truly enhance your experience in our great city. Protip: Englewood is best on a Saturday night.

so fahny

When I was looking at food there's literally tons and tons of Mexican places as well, I'd totally hit up some Japanese or some ramen but it's summertime and I don't like soup in the summer

Also if you're gonna get an Italian beef, don't be a fag. Ask for the thing dipped

Hell yeah nigga

Until night

do rite donuts

chicago isnt even bad. number 1 in murders count, number 3 in population. the murder rate (murders per 100,000 people) is still average. there arent any culinary masterpieces in englewood or austin anyway. the most """dangerous""" place for food is probably pilsen (lol) or the 10 minutes you spend on the green/blue line if youre going to oak park

Thanks everybody this is my list so far:
Portillos
Luke Lobster
Frontera (if I can get a table)
XoCo
Eataly
Shake Shake
Spanglish Mexican Kitchen

>food fag
I'd sugest Alinea (was ranked #1 world restaurant sometime ago), but they probably sold all tickets for this weekend.

I checked and damn they don't have tables until
August lmao

are you really not going to a goza place

What's a goza

kind of like 'ni 'gers, but saucey!

Motherfuckin 'go 'za man!

Eat some of their fucking disgusting GM poisoned hot dogs or revolting doughy pizza and go on about how it's so great while you and the other amerifatsos shitpost about other countries' food, you'll have a blast.

The burger at Au Cheval is essential. Honestly it's better than you could even imagine a burger being. It doesn't even make sense. Dont miss it.

Even if you don'r like it, chicago deep dish crust is crisp, not doughy at all. Why do people post shit like this

>Thanks everybody this is my list so far:
>Portillos
Combo beef n sausage with sweet peppers is what they do best or an original chicago dog. Otherwise, you'll be near Al's Beef which is can be an either/or since your time is limited.
>Luke Lobster
>Frontera (if I can get a table)
Their airport counter in OHare by your gate might be good enough.
>XoCo
>Eataly
>Shake Shake
Is this Shake shack? no it's not worth a trip when you have chicago choices to attend to in limited time. You'll see it in other cities very soon.
>Spanglish Mexican Kitchen

Since you're in the Loop, I'd suggest you might want to stop in the oldest #1 bar joint there, Berghoff german, take a peek at the mosaic floors, have a craft beef and pretzel, and more if you're into that. But, do walk in!

If you can't actually take the historian tour (voted best tour in Chicago), then walk into the Palmer House, have a drink, and soak up the interior of the lobby and old Rainbow Room from the creator of Marshall Fields. Once filled with all the artwork that now makes the Art museum, the frescoes and Tiffany lampwork everywhere, is astonishing. The Lobby of the old Marshal Fields (Macys now) is worth a walk through too, the fountain and columns are most pretty, as is the floor and clock outside.

For a late night something to do, take an taxi to the Signature Room bar, 95th floor tallest bar in the world, soak in the piano music or band, and have a drink (small line for the elevator ride but worth it). If you want to cheap out, just visit the bathroom with the floor to ceiling windows of the city below, and skip the drink or nibbles People are friendly there.

Steak and BBQ kind of city, the immigrant food is great, but don't leave off a great steak, the Weber grill, or some ranking of ribs, or old fashioned hipster cocktails in speakeasy old charming historical things.

as a kid, The Berghoff was our big Christmas tradition. I'd never had food so good.
I know they've changed a bit after the mid-2000's, they were closed, then the bar was open, then I believe the whole place was reopened? Have not been since I was a kid. But the memory makes me smile.

Make sure you get a jiburito

Whatever greaseball served by a morbidly obese Italian man or a sassy black woman.

Neither of those are really my thing but thank you!

Man hell yeah thanks, I'll be posting food pictures starting tomorrow either in this thread if it lives or in a new one

"The Black Body Count Rises as Chicago Police Step Back"

In 2016 nearly 3,000 people have been shot in the city, an average of one victim every two hours.

> Wall Street Journal
>By Heather Mac Donald
>Sept. 11, 2016 5:58 p.m. ET

By Sept. 8, nearly 3,000 people had been shot in Chicago in 2016, an average of one shooting victim every two hours. Five hundred and sixteen people had been murdered. Gun homicides and non-fatal shootings were up 47% over the same period of 2015, which had seen a significant rise in crime over 2014.

“There is no way out of this shooting spree,” Mr. Angelo said. His despair is understandable, because Chicago is the country’s most-glaring example of what I have called the “Ferguson effect.” Chicago officers have cut back drastically on proactive policing under the onslaught of criticism from the Black Lives Matter movement and its political and media enablers.

The cops are just “driving by people on the corners,” Mr. Angelo says, rather than checking out known drug dealers and others who raise suspicions. Criminals are back in control and black lives are being lost at a rate not seen for two decades.

>The cops are just “driving by people on the corners,” Mr. Angelo says, rather than checking out known drug dealers and others who raise suspicions. Criminals are back in control and black lives are being lost at a rate not seen for two decades.

Chicago is a breeding ground for BLM and their klan activities. The city's black population is suffering badly because of them.

iVe learned in my travels that the higher the danger the better the food, if I wanted to be safe I would order Papa John's from your mothers house

pol pls leave

>The cops are just “driving by people on the corners,” Mr. Angelo says, rather than checking out known drug dealers and others who raise suspicions.

wtf do you expect when BLM sues the police for every fucking encounter & actively encourages shootings of cops?

seems like foodie bullshit but longman and eagle is on of the most delicious meals ive had in a long time

I'm pretty excited about my food list for being kinda stuck in the downtown loop area

> if I wanted to be safe I would order Papa John's from your mothers house

You don't know my mother.

blacks are dying at historical high rates.

why don't you care about black lives? they don't matter to you?

>I just pin whatever I don't like on BLM

BLM is retarded, but they're not the reason black teens in Chicago inner city are having weekly Uzi battles on school grounds.

That's her right there, do you have a Chicago food recommendation or do you only survive off tendies and Alex Jones videos

>By Sept. 8, nearly 3,000 people had been shot in Chicago in 2016, an average of one shooting victim every two hours. Five hundred and sixteen people had been murdered. Gun homicides and non-fatal shootings were up 47% over the same period of 2015, which had seen a significant rise in crime over 2014.

Well done, BLM. Well done.

Grits from Waffle House

Berghoff place looks dank as hell and not bad price either

>Chicago officers have cut back drastically on proactive policing under the onslaught of criticism from the Black Lives Matter movement and its political and media enablers.

Good.

They need to get back to 1980's style gang warfare before the blacks come crawling back crying about "lack of police in black neighborhoods". lol The irony.

I just wanted a nice thread about food recommendations not a poltard thread

>poltard

blacks are killing each other at historical high rates in chicago. the city you're planning to visit.

why do you have to be a poltard to care or be aware of what is happening?

You're directing OP to what is quite literally the slowest board on this website, and completely disregarding the fact that his question is about food

Because only a retard would post about politics in a thread about food therefore you are a poltard and your moms a hoe

I think I might add a deep dish place to the list as well but we will see I'm not a big deep dish person

Two things are evident:
1. You don't live in Chicago
2. You don't care about what's happening in Chicago
3. You thrill at the opportunity to sow panic about black people to literally anyone who will listen to you online because everyone in your life has abandoned you

kek. Not only that, he's entirely grasping at scapegoats to justify his disenfranchisement like the handful of illegals who perform brutal work for minimal pay that would cause him to faint within 2 hours if he attempted it. Then scream at the 25% of SNAP recipients being nignogs while he is part of the 40% of whites that receive it. That's fucking /pol/ in a nutshell.

Just go anywhere with italian beef and get it with mozzarella cheese, peppers if you want, and make sure you get that bitch DUNKED. They dunk the whole sandwich in delicious beef juices

>“There is no way out of this shooting spree,” Mr. Angelo said. His despair is understandable, because Chicago is the country’s most-glaring example of what I have called the “Ferguson effect.” Chicago officers have cut back drastically on proactive policing under the onslaught of criticism from the Black Lives Matter movement and its political and media enablers.

wtf do the blacks expect when they want the cops gone?

>In 2016 nearly 3,000 people have been shot in the city, an average of one victim every two hours.

BLM headquarters is now black on black crime capital of america.

Irony

>as a kid, The Berghoff was our big Christmas tradition. I'd never had food so good.
My mom has a similar story, visiting with her dad on trips (grandpa was a delta pilot). She has memories. I was there last year St. Patty's for a medical conference, and walked in. It has a lot of new things on the menu, which are done well at Happy Hour, but it's really just the same.

My Chicago relatives had the Christmas memory of going to the Walnut Room after a day of Christmas shopping on the Mile. I did that, and had the famous Mrs. Hering Chicken Pot pie. Waitstaff were old school and really well trained.

OP, if you have no exposure to polish things back home, there is a good amount of places to enjoy Pierogi in Chicago. I also notice you don't have Lou Malnati's on your list, but if you do go there, get an original "classic" sausage, because it's the flavor from the rendering housemade sausage cooked on top that makes the cheese and sauce so flavorful for each bite. A small will do. You can only eat one piece alone. If you end up at Giordano's and not Malnati's, then you can try a MO/IL classic of "toasted ravioli" appetizer. when in Rome...

get a burger from Kuma's

I get the feeling that most people who complain or point out the high murder rate in Chicago have never even been there. Do they realize it is incredibly segregated, the violence is located mostly on the south side with some trickling into the near west. There's almost no violence downtown, most of the west, or on the north side. There's nothing to see in south Chicago anyway, leave the niggers alone.

This man knows what he's talking about.

Check out Cafecito on Congress, they have amazing Cubanos. Fontanos on Michigan Ave. has great Italian beef, a slew of kick ass sandwiches and good Italian ice without the Michigan ave. Prices. Max's take out on Adams will give you the genuine Chicago hotdog experience at a damn good price. The French market under Ogilvie Station hosts tons of great lunch spots including Fumare meats which hosts an amazing Montreal style Pastrami sandwich.

Check out any of the three Lao Sze Chuan s for kick ass genuine Chinese food. If noodles and dumplings are more your thing check out Hing Kee's. They're the only place that does testing hand pulled noodles. And don't let the look of the place device you. Both of these places are a red line trip down to Chinatown, so don't let the blacks you'll see on train intimidate you. If you're in the mood for high end Italian on the north side look up Sapori Trattoria. Lou Malnati's does great pizza. If you want to try something new for fried chicken check out Crisp on Broadway.

Well, it the tree Michelin star restaurant after all

i just went and i stopped by "Jim’s Original Hot Dog" and it was super good. its still a hotdog though so its nothing crazy but i would recommend it if your in the area

You are thinking of the weiner circle. Get a char-dog and cheese fries my dude. Also OP get some good mexican food, chicago is up there for the best mexican in the country. Athenian room has the best steak ive ever had in the city

What, do Chicagoans not actually enjoy Giordano's? One of my favorite memories of visiting the city and nobody's mentioned it, is Malnati's just that much better or am I that much of a bluepilled fag?

Lou Malnatis is garbage, get Giordanos

I expect for the cops to do their jobs. Fuck their fee fees.