Food habits and saving money

Boneless chicken thigh was $1.69/lb at the store today. I can sometimes get bone-in for $.79 but it's really a bitch getting the bones out yourself. Chopped off the fat and sliced thin for quick thaw and cook time.

>saving money
>spending more for an inferior product
Learn to appreciate the bone like your mother does, user

I mean, good snag, but then you don't get the fat, nor the bone.

Are you going to freeze most of that?

the bone is fine but clearly I'm not cooking this stuff bone in. would take too long to thaw and this cut is versatile

yeah I freeze all of it right away. if it's on sale I assume it'll go bad soon

this is what they turn into. cajun-ish gnocchi. chicken, broccoli, onion, garlic, mushrooms, marinara, beef broth, butter, cayenne, cumin, salt, pepper, bay leaf, little sugar to fix it at the end.

>dry rice
>dry beans
>buy veggies at the chinese markets, veggies on sale, and look for cabbage and other "undesirables"
>learn to butcher a whole chicken, buy when whole chickens are 99c/lb
>find a few condiments you can use to change up the flavor, hot sauces, ketchup, whatever youre in to

Don't cook it bone it then.

Save the bones for stock and pay less while getting more for your money.

this. if you're "trying to save money" then buy it at half the fucking price and de-bone it yourself. the more you debone, the fucking better you become at it. it's not fucking hard.

Good plan user...thrifty, and with a little time and effort on your part, you'll get some great meals out of this...
I do the same desu...Ziploc is love...

FYI regular ppl dont make stock and also dont like spending their time deboning raw chicken

>but it's really a bitch getting the bones out yourself
toughen up, i bet you still cry while chopping onions

>thigh
>not breast
i puke every time

the thigh is more flavorful and more moist you uneducated fuck I bet you've never cooked a proper meal in your life

Uhh eat around the bone? It's not hard?

it also absorbs flavor from marinades better, user just has no taste

It's also rubbery

>more moist
>not knowing how to cook a moist breast
and >I< don't have cooking skills...

You also get bones for making stock.>would take too long to thaw

This is the second use for sous vide machines. You can thaw large chucks of meat really damn quick setting the circulator at room temperature. The moving water

um. im regular people and i just made stock using bone in thighs that were on sale.
i'll be using the meat i picked and the stock for chicken n dumplings and chicken soup.

There is no flavor there. What do you do, just smother the meat in bbq sauce and ketchup?

>room temperature