Try to drink any alcohol

>try to drink any alcohol
>immediate vile taste and odor
How do people drink this stuff? Even getting through a single glass of wine is torture.

Some people just don't like alcohol. Have you considered other drugs?

consider yourself lucky

i'm the same, op. ethanol is one of the worst-tasting substances on earth.

i just want to get drunk. i'll mix vodka with soda, brace myself for the horrible taste, and down it as quickly as possible.

i can't believe sip brandy and whisky, trying to savor the taste. wtf.

It must be genetic. I was gifted a nice wine and I'm trying to give it another shot but it's hopeless.
Other examples people give like black coffee don't even come close to how revolting alcohol is to me.

>how do people drink this stuff?

Despair, lonely and no accomplishments or goals.

Loneliness. Shit in pretty wasted right now my bad

The fact it's legal. I'd much rather use opiates. Alcohol is shit tier.

I kind of like the taste, especially in higher end liquors. But not everyone likes everything. For instance, I can't stand the taste of eggs.

I remember being a teenager too
I thought I was right about everything
God I was stupid

Anyways, as you get older, the more "not good tasting" things become appealing
You know video games, right?
You like it when games are too easy?
Same with tastes and sensations
Pain, disgust, unpleasantness becomes more appealing as you become a whole person
Because it reminds you that you're alive or something or whatever.

There's that, and also the fact that alcohol makes you feel really really good

I'm not a teenager.
>Pain, disgust, unpleasantness becomes more appealing as you become a whole person
No they don't.

Yes they do

It's why children hate vegetables, coffee, and beer
Any sort of bitterness and they spit it out

>vegetables, coffee
>pain

I liked the taste of alcohol ever since I could remember. One of my first memories is being at the holiday house with my dad and him giving me sips of his beer while we sat around a fire.

You're not too bright are ya, son?

Those both fall under "unpleasantness"

Then why did you include pain?

>try not to drink any alcohol
>have a seizure
How do you guys do it?

Non-American here

My parents kept trying to get me to have beer/wine as a teenager
I kept saying no

How wrong was I

Because it's true for pain too

Pain falls under the general branch of discomfort.
And as you get older, all discomforts become more bearable as they cease to be new events.

Consider the limited example of the gym goer.
It feels painful the first time after the gym, but a year later, they seek out that feeling of pain

Pain isn't wholly negative . Nor is discomfort.

>It feels painful the first time after the gym, but a year later, they seek out that feeling of pain
Most are seeking the following high and/or gains from the pain.
Nobody is stubbing out ciggs on themselves.

That's what I'm saying
The benefit from the pain becomes greater and greater as you become accustomed to discomfort

Just like with booze, the discomfort of the taste is overshadowed by the enjoyment of it

^^^^^
Lorem ipsum, anyone?
>But I must explain to you how all this mistaken idea of denouncing of a pleasure and praising pain was born and I will give you a complete account of the system, and expound the actual teachings of the great explorer of the truth, the master-builder of human happiness. No one rejects, dislikes, or avoids pleasure itself, because it is pleasure, but because those who do not know how to pursue pleasure rationally encounter consequences that are extremely painful. Nor again is there anyone who loves or pursues or desires to obtain pain of itself, because it is pain, but occasionally circumstances occur in which toil and pain can procure him some great pleasure. To take a trivial example, which of us ever undertakes laborious physical exercise, except to obtain some advantage from it? But who has any right to find fault with a man who chooses to enjoy a pleasure that has no annoying consequences, or one who avoids a pain that produces no resultant pleasure?
>On the other hand, we denounce with righteous indignation and dislike men who are so beguiled and demoralized by the charms of pleasure of the moment, so blinded by desire, that they cannot foresee the pain and trouble that are bound to ensue; and equal blame belongs to those who fail in their duty through weakness of will, which is the same as saying through shrinking from toil and pain. These cases are perfectly simple and easy to distinguish. In a free hour, when our power of choice is untrammeled and when nothing prevents our being able to do what we like best, every pleasure is to be welcomed and every pain avoided. But in certain circumstances and owing to the claims of duty or the obligations of business it will frequently occur that pleasures have to be repudiated and annoyances accepted. The wise man therefore always holds in these matters to this principle of selection: he rejects pleasures to secure other greater pleasures, or else he endures pains to avoid worse pains.

>How do people drink this stuff?
By not having shit taste. I bet you hate black coffee and can't drink anything without a shit ton of sugar.

I don't mind black coffee.

I drink vodka.

One mixer then strait shots chased by water and food.

I unintentionally got used to it by forming a habit of licking the spoon when I was done measuring out vanilla extract while baking. Stuff is mostly alcohol. Aside from that? Try high quality stuff. You'd be surprised at the difference between a 15 dollar bottle of vodka and a 35 dollar bottle. And some alcohols just won't be to your palette. I can't stand the oak taste of whiskeys.

Hey, I'll drink to that!

I am absolutely falling for the bait but crikey if this isn't the most teenager thing I've ever read.