Wtf am I doing wrong

Wtf am I doing wrong

are you cooking the chickens entirely in the pan? if so, too hot

What *are* you doing?

Too high temperature. The best food is the food cooked with the most patience and diligence

Nothing dude, that looks like a nice crispy sear to me. Do that all the way around, remove excess oil, add white wine, cover, reduce heat, and let it sit for a few minutes.

If you want your drums to cook more evenly, chop off the cartilage at the end of the "handle" and shove all the skin up the bone to the meat. Ramsay's sticky lemon chicken video will guide you.

This, try letting them kiss the grill for a few mins, then cook em in the oven the rest of the way. 350-75 for 10-15 mins. Temp them for sure.

Too much grease, too high temp for too long.

Finish them in the oven?

Wash, dry with paper towel, then fry without too much oil (x=

well that looks like a good sear

looks like too much oil though if that's what that is

drain the rest off and finish them in the oven. and start with just a little bit of oil next time

alternatively add some cooking liquid and put a lid on and finish by braising in the pan

the possibilities are endless~

>I don't know where I am
>I don't know what oil I'm using
>I don't know what I'm cooking
>All I know is that I must burn

>cooking drumsticks in a skillet
You should be baking them, grilling them, or deep frying them. Cooking drumsticks in a skillet doesn't really work too well because of their shape.

Kek

Ok

You need to take the meat off first

>washing raw chicken
It just spreads bacteria all over your sink and with no benefit. There aren't pesticides on chicken that you can rinse off and you're not getting anything off with water that you wouldn't have killed with heat. The whole point of cooking something is to kill pathogens

Im follwoing some anons advice
Will report back in 20 mins

user why don't you just deep fry them? or shallow fry and keep turning. you don't sear chickens on flat surfaces because you have to cook them all the way through. if you're adamant about fucking pan frying them you could finish them in the oven

lmao, okay we can still fix this 100%. Now we'll make Moroccan chicken.

Combine 4 teaspoons of the garlic, paprika, cumin, cayenne, ginger, coriander, and cinnamon together in a small bowl and set aside. Mince 1 strip of the lemon zest and mix with the remaining teaspoon of minced garlic in a separate small bowl; set aside.
Add the onion and the remaining 2 lemon zest strips and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in the garlic-spice mixture and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in the carrots, broth, and honey, scraping up any browned bits.

4. Nestle the chicken, along with any accumulated juices, into the pot and bring to a simmer. Cover, turn the heat to medium-low, and simmer until the chicken is fully cooked and tender, about 20 minutes for the breasts (160 degrees on an instant-read thermometer) or 1 hour for the thighs and drumsticks. (If using both types of chicken, simmer the thighs and drumsticks for 40 minutes before adding the breasts.)

5. Transfer the chicken to a serving dish, tent loosely with foil, and let rest while finishing the sauce. Skim as much fat as possible off the surface of the sauce, add the olives, and return to a simmer until the sauce is thickened slightly and the carrots are tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Return the chicken to the pot. Stir in the garlic–lemon zest mixture, cilantro, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.

Ah I sort of fucked that up when I typed it out, Just do your best user. I believe in you. But you can deffinately still cook that leftover wet chicken into a sauce or make pulled chicken tacos by boiling it with tomatoes and spice.

Chicken from the oven has water in it. My guess its still raw from the inside.
Gonna add another few minutes in the oven.

Too late
I am

It's not really to make it clean it's just that when I butcher chicken it tends to accumulate bacteria juices in the plastic bag after a few days. So I wash it to clean out accumulated juices which stick to the skin more so. It doesn't really make it cleaner, but it allows me to pat the skin dry effectively allowing for better frying with crispier skin. You are right though, a dirty bird will still be a dirty bird.

LMAO, I wish you luck having this chicken leg user having those ingredients or even understanding what you typed. Noble effort, but c'mon.

What did you set the oven to and for how long?

Uhhh

I set it like this user said

Lol I admit, but you never know. This is Veeky Forums after all and we could all be getting trolled hard rn.

Fuck it throw them back in the oven in a covered container and check every 5 minutes. Squeeze the juice out and post pics.

What happened to the third leg?

OP here.
Just baked it a little more.
The thing is dry but it will do, just feeling little hungry after work and wanted a quick meal.
I added my own hot sauce and this thing is good.

cook a couple strips of bacon in the pan
remove chopped crispy bacon pieces
add finely diced mirepoix
cook til nearly tender
add minced garlic
saute briefly careful not to burn garlic
put mirepoix with the bacon
roll chicken pieces in flour to promote browning
knock off excess flour
add to pan at medium, medium high
cook til nicely browned
add half bottle of riesling
add fresh thyme and rosemary sprigs
place in 375 oven
cook for 1.5 hours
remove from oven
pour in 1/4 cup heavy cream and agitate to incorporate cream
remove rosemary and thyme sprigs
serve over rice or with what ever the fuck you want i guess.

eh. dont forget to add bacon and mirepoix back in before placing entire thing in oven.