I'm heading to Leaf land tomorrow...

I'm heading to Leaf land tomorrow. What are some chains aside from pic related that one must visit to have a true leaf experience? What items? And what convenience store tier snacks?

Tim Horton's is garbage, don't bother visiting one or you'll hold a grudge against leafs forever for doing so.

Tim Hortons is actually garbage. Don't go there.

>what convenience store tier snacks?
Hawkins Cheezies. They're like Cheetos except they're actually flavored with cheese instead of nutritional yeast and other gay shit.

Gotta get that poutine breh

All I know is that it's big there. Might as well just have it once at least.
From where?

Also try a Mars bar and a box of Smarties.

They're common as a street food.

Tried Mars before from visiting Yurop. Was pretty good phamilia. Will probably get some more. Also had no idea leafs get entirely different Smarties. Thanks for the suggestions.

everything in the U.S is in canada

theres nothing different

If you're going in Quebec, most well known restaurants has it own spin on it since Poutine was first made over there. Otherwise it should be found in any fast food chain

grab a walnut crunch, maybe a maple dip and make sure your coffee is a double double

Do Leaf McDonald's actually have poutine? Kek

swiss chalet and smoke's poutinerie

Mars bars are just shitty Snickers my dude

Canadian Tire

I enjoy their black drip when I go to the mall. Until the bf takes the lid off to drink it and then it doesn't seal and drips.

where are you going? If you're in the maritimes or Alberta, get a donair

Beaver tales is pretty fuckin canadian

Smoke's
Pita Pit
King of Donair

Every fast food place does, as far as I know.

what province?

Smoke's Poutinere is fucking garbage. If your in leaf land, go to an actual poutine shop not a fucking chain that makes their fucking gravy with fucking POWDER.

Quite a few of them cheap out and give you mozzarella instead of curd

Porblem being Smoke's is generally the only "actual poutine shop" in any city outside of Quebec, most folks in the anglosphere get their poutine from pizza joints

When it's covered in gravy, all cheese kinda tastes the same.

You're missing the point, my man
Mozzarella melts into the gravy and adds nothing to the dish
Curd stays solid and squeaks as you bite into it, it's the core element of a poutine

>Mozzarella melts into the gravy
if you make it at home you can avoid this by cubing the cheese and chilling it in the freezer beforehand slightly.

im a quebecer who lives in ontario and love to save cash, kurds are a waste of money. a good gravy with actual stock is the most important aspect of any poutine apart from double cooked potatoes.

sometimes i also just put the gravy in a cup and eat the poutine in portions so it doesnt melt.

>Porblem being Smoke's is generally the only "actual poutine shop" in any city outside of Quebec, most folks in the anglosphere get their poutine from pizza joints

tbqh i'd rather get a poutine at NY Fucking Fries than Smoke's. but in any city you won't have a hard time finding a burger or kebab or chicken joint that also serves authentic poutine

If I'm making it at home I've got no reason not to use fresh curd in the first place

If you're that much of a jew then just punch a goat until it barfs up some rennet and curdle your own milk

go to a shoppers drug mart

yes but mcdicks one is trash

Fast Eddies, get the Crazy Fries.

but there must be things in canada that arent in the us

Plenty, but everything is fairly localized.
No point telling you to to get fried cod tongues at a newfie codfish kissing ceremony if you're going to Regina, Saskatchewan

>make sure your coffee is a double double

as a buffalonian please don't do this
1 shot is all you need
or maybe just they make it extra sweet for us cause amerilards

If you absolutely must eat fast food poutine go with either Wendy's or KFC

>maybe just they make it extra sweet for us cause amerilards

They do.
Timmie's drones oop north are routinely revolted by the amount of extra sugar visiting murkins ask for when they want their drink made the way they get it back home

Pls don't think Tim Hortons is Canadian cuisine. You Americans (burger king) bought it out and ruined shit.

Knowing where in Canada you are going (west, east, central, etc) is pretty important. Southwest Canada is very much like USA. Northwest is rural if I'm not mistaken and Southeast is very different but overall still a lot like the US

American Timsfag here.

I often get people ordering coffee with as high as ten sugars/creams. It's like, dude, just buy a fucking iced cappuccino, you'll be happier.

These people don't like coffee. They like the IDEA of coffee. They like to be SEEN drinking coffee. They like the IMAGE of drinking coffee. But they don't actually like coffee.

By people do you mean women? Also, I've noticed lots of Asians order triple triple or 5-5. They aren't in it for the image I don't think, maybe they're just used to sugary drinks which are big in gookland