Be me, camembert

>be me, camembert
>also be crazy gooey and moldy
>smell like a pier
>taste good though

Anyone know any good food-based pairings for camembert?

Planning to try gruyere next. Not that big of a fan of Swiss cheese, but I'm willing to try it. How is an authentic gruyere?

Also, any other cheese recommendations?

Other urls found in this thread:

marthastewart.com/356131/darkest-chocolate-crepe-cake
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you live in france you already know the answer
If you don't live in france, it's fake camembert so the question is invalid
>muh authenticity
Experts can't tell the difference between DRC La Tache and Barefoot Moscato

Don't live in France. Just know a place with of imports and am slowly traveling down the cheese rabbit hole.

...so the "authentic Normandy camembert" I am buying is a load of garbage?

Probably more authentic than GMO American stuff though

If you live in America, you are eating French ''''cheese'''' that was made specifically for the "export to sharts" market, because the WIDF lobbied the FDA to ban real cheese. It's not so much "low quality camembert", it's in fact, not camembert at all. It is not sold, marketed, or known within the EU. This was done in order to make it more "fair" for Wisconsin cheese makers who felt that they were unfairly singled out by American consumers as producing lower quality cheese. Thanks to this patriotic legislation Americans are now able to see why Wisconsin cheese is in fact the best in the universe. If you disagree you obviously have never set foot in Wisconsin and are probably not even American.

Proof of any of that.

No, it's Euro camembert.

YES. American cheese is horrible, overpriced, and loaded with all sorts of chemicals and preservatives. I completely agree. In addition, Americans cannot have real, delicious cheese because first-off they are prevented from receiving imports with raw milk (a lot of tasty cheeses use raw milk such as brie and camembert), which really is not bad for you; secondly, a great deal of imports, which taste much, much better are not even allowed to be brought into the USA.

Wisconsin cheese-makers be like:
>muh feelings

One time, I had bought a large container of ricotta in the United States. It lasted for a month but it tasted like garbage, and this tells you a little about the stuff that the FDA allows companies to load inside their cheeses. I had to load tons of sugar and almond-flavoring to make it bearable. Meanwhile, I bought two pounds of non-American ricotta, and, although it lasted for only five days, it was one of the most delicious cheeses I'd tasted.

'Muricans, please stick to burgers and Starbucks.

Question: why does the FDA hate raw milk? Any diseases stemming from it are few and far-between, so why can't it be sold in stores or imported?

How would this be on a cheeseburger or Mac and cheese? Serious question.

Have only eaten it on bread, but apparently it's great in mac and cheese.

>Not that big of a fan of Swiss cheese
If you don't like alpine cheese, stay away from Gruyere.
>If you disagree...
C'mon.
Ah I get it. You are insane. Carry on.

Wisconsonite here. Can confirm. Our cheese is world number 1!

All cheese produced in the USA is objectively fucking shit.

Camembert doesn't need to be paired with anything other than good bread and maybe red wine. However some people over here like it so much they pretty much use it as a butter substitute
>on sliced bread with jam (sometimes used to dip in coffee)
>on toast
>on bread with nutella
>used into some kind of salted caramel abomination
>baked in a hundred different ways including

If you really want to pair it with something i'd suggest apple, figs or some sort of onion chutney

t. normandy fag

Thanks Normandy user!

Sorry I meant
>including pic related, chocolate-camembert crêpes

What is that called? RECIPE NOW!

That looks delicious!

I'd recommend a monterrey jack with jalapeno peppers, especially good on an apple pie or in a grilled cheese. There's also some pretty good artisan Swiss cheese coming out of Oregon.

>However some people over here like it so much they pretty much use it as a butter substitute

french here, never heard of any of that shit

Normandy fags are worst fags, fucking tards

This thread is absolutely cancer

Gâteau de crêpes au chocolat
marthastewart.com/356131/darkest-chocolate-crepe-cake

Normandy fag I much prefer Brie to camabert. It just doesn't taste that good to me, can you suggest a brand of camebert for me to try? And don't say president.

Just buy some Camembert de Normandie AOP. Jort and Graindorge are pretty good.

If you're from the US you're fucked though. All the camemberts you guys import are trash.

t.WIDF

>dont live in france
>eat fake cam
>live in france
>get killed by muslims.

Ya I think I can live with subpar cheese.

am I missing something or is there supposed to be camembert in there?