Thoughts

thoughts

washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2017/06/16/amazon-to-buy-whole-foods-market-in-deal-valued-at-13-7-billion-2/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GXGN4f6ma4k
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

From a Veeky Forums standpoint, another great day to be an amazon shareholder. They just shitfisted another entire market sector while their largest competitor (wal-mart) just announced some retarded deal to acquire a company nobody cares about.

Buy amazon stock today, don't look at it for 10 years, and then enjoy your retirement.

Amazon has always been nice to me, I'm ok with this.

As a Whole Foods employee I am actually kind of excited about this. The company as is has no idea how to manage their stores properly. Even though Amazon has little experience with the brick-and-mortar, anything would be better than what we have now.

I wish they would've kicked that fuckwad Mackey to the curb, but alas. I'm sure he won't last much longer.

As a Amazon stock holder, I approve.

Now they have brick and mortar stores in upper class locations.

>I wish they would've kicked that fuckwad Mackey to the curb, but alas. I'm sure he won't last much longer.

Investors want him out. If the board agrees, it's curtains for him.

amazon wants:
EBT money
Pick up locations for electronic goods, like flat screen tv, and large appliances
Grocery
store locations to advertise products.

Whole foods market will be renamed Amazon Market.

Isn't Amazon atrocious in terms of how they pay and overworked their employee though? I have a feeling they might be cutting how much they will pay a whole food workers down the line.

Warehouse workers aren't treated that great.
If you're part of their IT crew you're treated as you would being an employee of the Big 5.

so is WF accepting ebt now or

Anyone else just like Google to there for their prepared lunches? Specifically their Sushi? Tastes pretty okay to me and they like to include a little lemon wedge with it.

I really wouldn't mind if I could go to whole foods to pick up my Amazon shit.

*To go there

ugh, I go to WF to avoid poor people grocery shopping and now I have to smell you when you line up for your amazon locker electric skateboards?

>We slaves now!
Have fun with that.

>now I have to smell you when you line up for your amazon locker electric skateboards?
It's like you don't understand how the lockers function.

Why would there ever be a line? The item you bought is placed in a locker for your use only and they give you an access code which only works for your box with your item and is changed for every customer.

You can't have a line because you've already purchased the item and Amazon won't ship to a locker that is already full.

There's only one screen and you have to use it to open the door, which you don't know is your's until it opens. If there's multiple people picking things up there's a line, have you ever actually used one before?

>EBT money
so they logically bought whole foods to target this demographic?

How did you get that anywhere from my post you retarded weeb-poster?

I actually make it a point to avoid buying anything marked "fulfilled by amazon.com" because this always means I get to wait 11 days for my package to arrive, and this is because they're punishing non-prime users.

Are they gonna start giving priority treatment to prime members?
Maybe they'll jack up prices unless you have amazon prime?

amazon market will probably have an entire wall of amazon lockers like this.

youtube.com/watch?v=GXGN4f6ma4k

>Inb4 Whole Drones

Is this going to be one of those checkout-free Amazon-Go things where it gets added to your basket when you pick a product up then you just walk out?

That is my fucking dream, god bless Jeff Bezos.

What a time to be alive.

where is the monopolies & mergers commissiones when you need them?

it's not like they're the only 2 companies that sell groceries

The warehouse employees I know are treated okay enough. The pay is pretty reasonable in terms of an unskilled labor job. As for the overworking shit, every labor job ive had overworks evertone because less people are willing to do the job

>reads thread

Wait, does Amazon take EBT right now? Because like, I could be buying endless supply of my favorite protein bar. And what exactly does this mean for WF? I don't understand how this works. The stores wouldn't change, it's just owned by Amazon?

So long as we have Republican leadership you wont see the department of justice lift a finger for anti monopolistic efforts. The corporate oligarchy has paid them off very well.

I thought EBT only let you buy food staples and not prepared shit like candy bars and fast food?

>The stores wouldn't change, it's just owned by Amazon?

We don't know yet. Right now the only change is that there is a new owner. However, that new owner--Amazon--could change whatever they might want to. They could keep things as-is. They could change things to varying degrees. Or they could shut down the stores and turn them into distribution centers for other Amazon products.

Futurama fucking predicted this shit.

Which is rather ironic because historically Monopolies have only ever existed BECAUSE of government involvement.

>I thought EBT only let you buy food staples

You are VERY misinformed. It won't let you buy hot/fast food (then again, depends on the store) but you can definitely buy non-staples. That's why the poor are so fat in America.

these parasites can even get energy drinks, chips, all sorts of shit.
They dont NEED ebt, it shouldnt even be a thing. All it does is enable niggers to be better parasites and shit out litters of niglets. If you cant even handle feeding yourself and however many niglets you have, and nobody is willing to help you on their own accord, they should just be put in government run labor camps.
>b-but muh elderly
thats why social security and food banks exist
nobody is going to fucking starve without EBT, they encourage dumb people to get on it (this is why they can buy junk food) to tax us more, the crooked people in government get to skim more off the top and let the stupid nigger masses have the rest in EBT. its just a big scam. If you are on EBT, you should strongly consider suicide because you are a worthless piece of shit.

Excuse me but this much racism and anger is NOT necessary.

Wanna know what else isnt necessary? EBT.

It is. Food is more expensive than ever. I don't buy junk.

Amazon taking big boy steps into another market. The amount of connectivity their going to implement could set the industry standard.

>government run labor camps.
Nice try, Stalin.

I opened an Etrade account after hearing this. What else should I invest in Veeky Forums?

lols. bezos buys whole foods, pays 13 billion.

amazon market value increases 15 billion.
whole foods market cap increases 3 billion

mfw jeff bezos buys whole foods and investors give him enough money to get whole foods for free plus 4 billion. mfw all of whole foods activated almonds alone would have cost 20 billion.

God bless investor capital. ;_;7

>enable niggers to be better parasites

Food stamp recipients by race:
White - 39.8%
Black - 25.3%

>inb4 b-but blacks are only 13% of the population and whites are 56%.

just ignore him.

what shit advice, amzn is over valued.

shorted kr 2 days ago, rather not wait 10 years for my roi you stupid faggot

How the fuck did Amazon AFFORD it?

they are almost with a trillion, how did they afford a 13 billion acquisition? seriously?

>inb4 b-but blacks are only 13% of the population and whites are 56%.

What do you mean inb4. You are literally saying that black people receive a disproportionate amount of food stamps.

Already was

>> go away faggot this is a cooking show

lol do you see one post in this thread about cooking?

He's not wrong though.

k, so let the janitors do their job then.

I am sure there is a McChicken® or jack thread for you to be posting in right about now

> WF will be turned into drone airports

I live by a wf. I plan on buying a powerful bb gun.

maybe now they'll stop marking things up by 1500%

fucking hate whole foods

Now all your "organic*" "foods**" will come straight from our sources somewhere in China!

Cause they have money, and their market cap went up over 13 billion today, so they literally got WF for free

The development side of things is basically hell on earth, with literally the only positive being that after a year you'll be well ahead of your peers in whatever you working on. But unless you get a job in CA you're fucked because they like to sporadically threaten litigation due to their non-compete clause

My only fear is that I think thit's merging of a super corporation with a market leads us to seemingly inevitable culmination of Amazon becoming Buy n Large from Wall-E.

As a positive though I suspect Amazon isn't the company that could build us a space ship.

Using the current population of 326,381,535

If blacks make up 13% of the population, then that means we have 42,429,599 black people currently.

If whites make up 56% of the population then that mean we have 182,773,659 white people currently.

From what I could find online, the amount of people on ebt/food stamps is 46,459,930.

So, that means there are 11,754,362 Black people on food stamps and 18,491,052 White people on food stamps using your percentages.

That means that 27.7% of the Black population is on food stamps, and that 10.1% of the White population are on food stamps.

As someone who just looked at Amazon's stocks, I wish I knew more about investing when I was in my teens.

I could have at least been up several hundred thousand just investing all my summer money.

they already have a space ship company, Blue Origin.

(ok, it's bezo's company not technically amazon's)

My friend works there, he says a lot of people are dumb as fuck and lazy.

They fire a lot of people too.

Never worry about missed opportunities, be concerned about the ones you can still exploit.

protip: hindsight is 20/20, you likely do not understand the first think about economics, the market or trading.

Joe Kennedy on why he sold pre '29 crash:

"Taxi drivers told you what to buy. The shoeshine boy could give you a summary of the day's financial news as he worked with rag and polish. An old beggar who regularly patrolled the street in front of my office now gave me tips and, I suppose, spent the money I and others gave him in the market. My cook had a brokerage account and followed the ticker closely. Her paper profits were quickly blown away in the gale of 1929."

Liteally true. When I was playing golf 3 times a week during the tech boom and the clerk at the golf club counter was telling me about how he and his father had just pooled all of their money and bought 100 shares of Qualcom, I sold every tech stock I owned. 2 months later massive crash. Since most of Veeky Forums are shoeshine boys, I'll stick with that advice.

>Wage slave
>Amazon slave
You said it twice, you lunkhead.