Pork chops general

What it do nephews?
Pork chops are buy one get one at my local grocery but I'm not too experienced (mostly cook with beef or chicken). How do y'all prepare yours? I was thinking of Italian dressing marinade/ grilling, or trying some kinda pork katsu with lemon sauce. Help a co/ck/ out and share your recipies pls

I'm horribly experienced too, so porkchops have been my practice.
Except I'm horrible at it.
I'll fry them up pretty nice after browning some onion, rubbing in some pepper into the faces.
Then once it's done I paint the top with mint sauce because I'm trash.

katsu make very shallow incisions into the white edge you only want to cut until the meat all down the side, doesn't have to be too many - pound out with mallet but don't mangle the meat then push back into original shape - dry brine with salt over night on a drying rack, flipping once in the middle - coat with flour then scrambled egg with a bit of water to thin it out then coat in panko

for a lemon sauce I'd do lemon, sesame oil, rice vinegar and miso mixed to taste

i am glad this thread is going so well already.

>sear in pan with a little olive oil real quick
>finish in oven with basalmic, garlic, rosemary, and thyme
Wala

>Season as desired
>Sear them on a grill
>Finish in the oven

They pair well with asparagus and brussels sprouts. Carb is either ride or potato, both good choices unless you want to get fancy and do like fried plantains or something more Jamaican like that. .

Fug I might need to buy a meat mallet, thanks.
Me too, usually this board is slow as hell.

How do you make your mint sauce? Strapped up with the magic bullet and I am 'bout it.

I might just be a dense faggot but why wouldn't I just finish them on the grill senpai?

God damnit. I'm going to try this when I get home. Sounds good.
I'm an impatient millennial though so I probably won't salt it overnight, but I'll see if I can't do you justice.

Don't forget to eat it with sauerkraut, pork and kraut are like PB&J

I like to toss mine in the microwave to warm it up a bit and then load it on my fork along with the meat

Pork chops are amazingly flexible. The flavor is mild so you can do many different things with them.

The #1 rule: don't overcook them. The moment you do the texture will end up like old shoe leather.

Ugh. Once you have a sear, which takes literally minutes, you bake it to retain the juices.

This is especially important if you intend to stuff your pork chop with something like an apple chutney or a stuffing.

The secret to my mint sauce is Worchester sauce, and playing pretty limp with the rest of the ingredients. It's very easy to make a very strong mint sauce, which is fine if you're trying to show off to foreigners but I like something that I can actually use on a plate to bring out other flavours.
These days I usually just pick up a tin at Hyvee though. It's alright, but I have to be very careful with how much I use or it overpowers everything.

Heard.

Going to the store now. Cat is being a faggot but here's my dingus hound/ sous homie. Be back later, will keep you homies posted as to what I cook.

Christ your carpet is filthy. Why do you have pets if you can't be arsed to clean up?

I knew one of you fuckers would say something about that.
I definitely need to vaccum, but the carpet was stained when I moved in and the landlord intended to replace it. Told her not to because my pets would shrek it and talked them into $200/mo of my rent.

Looks like a crogi mix, they shed a lot.

Regardless that's a cute pupper.

>Looks like a crogi mix, they shed a lot.

Sounds like a great idea not to keep them indoors.

Tell that to Queen Elizabeth

t. Chinese restaurant owner

He's a Norwegian Elkhound/ Siberian mix, he's actually a pretty big duder. He just clears regular fences with ease so I had to move somewhere with a 6 1/2 foot privacy fence.

Oh, and I'm back. Doing this, but starting on the grill then finishing in the oven.
Guest starring rosemary potatos and lemon pepper asparagus.
And prepping this for tomorrow.

>The #1 rule: don't overcook them.
This. Also salting them heavily at least an hour before you cook them will result in juicier chops.

Do I rinse it off before cooking though mane?

Incised, hammered, and salted like fucc. I didn't have a drying rack so I had to make due, excuse the nigger riggage. Katsu will hopefully be dank tomorrow.

Fuck the grill you'll get a very good crust if you sear it well, Just 2.5-3min on each side with a greased frying pan, make sure you dab your porkchops dry with a paper towel before adding any seasonings. I only use salt and pepper and a bit of cumin from time to time, that's about it but theres a lot you can do with it

oh and make sure that pan is on high heat, to get a good sear. Then just throw the whole pan into the oven for 15mins or until it reaches 150-160 degrees F. I usually go for 140 degrees F but I don't think the FDA would recommend that low

What if you have a cheap nonstick pan with a plastix handle? Can it withstand the oven?

>What it do nephews?

>>>>/worldstarhiphop/

Non-stick works just fine for me, better than a stainless pan. They've got some hard plastic-like handles but the oven doesn't get hot enough to fuck with that. I think I usually cooked it at 450 or 400 degrees F but I would check online for a second opinion

No. Transfer to a baking sheet or dish (which can be kept in the oven while it heats so you aren't plonking them onto a cold surface).

Or instead of searing it over a scorching heat and then needing to finish in the oven, keep the stove at a lower heat and cook it longer.

Jesus Christ is that sea salt?

Uhh... Yeah.

I didn't see this and grilled anyways but I totally understand what you mean about the crust. Like I said though, the shits were buy one get one so I've got plenty to dick around with.

The stores by me do bogo with pork tenderloin sometimes be on the lookout for those, they're delicious

desu any meat bogo is the shit, I rarely see it with beef, but I've got a freezer full of chicken because of sales. Shit's tight.

how would you suggest preparing this? skillet with oil for frying?
oven tray for baking?

deep fried or a cast iron filled with oil doesn't matter really

Grilled lemon pork chops are my favorite

you might want to scrape some of that off

I just pan fry them with garlic, cayenne pepper, black pepper, salt, and usually some onion in the pan, and I usually just like it with broccoli and rice or pasta. Looks pretty and tastes fine, but I would be interested if anyone has any complimentary marinades or brines to go with it?