What's Veeky Forumss favorite way to cook potatoes?

I've always been partial to the potato tornado.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vzyzlkouXsM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

With fire.

Skewer some potato chips and call it a day because nobody is going to be impressed by your ridiculous potato-on-the-cob.

For me it is the McChicken, the best fast food sandwich

chopped up into disk and fried with onions.

This

Twice-baked.

I'm impressed by it.

isis style

I agree that this is the best.

/thread

I've never seen this irl but it looks delicious, would try.

I don't eat potatoes. Fuck starchy carbs

I don't see the point to it but I'm impressed by it as well.

It's not a funny meme anymore but it's at least worth a nod when used creatively.

This is completely out of context.

Thanks senpai appreciate the feedback, in future I'll try to cater to your specific needs.

The bun contains potato flour

I prefer potatoes in a stew.

Is it weird that I hate tater tots but like hash browns?

I love potatoes but home fries come to mind atm. Thinly sliced pan fried, not too much oil or butter, or whatever ur using, till crispy on the outside but still soft on the inside.

Thats looks delicious desu

thats the point

sliced up in the oven with spices and covered with foil or boiled

i really hate any kind of dry potatoes

Mashed

That takes way too long

potatos wtf? dont know why anyone of u faggots even pretend to like that shit, every time i eat it my stomach feels like it got stabbed n my face fuckin puffs up n shit theyre fuckin trash food

potato tornados?

or as i call them, "potados"

hash browns and potato pancakes master race

Nigga maybe you're just fucking allergic

Honestly? A really good mashed potatoes. with xmas or thanksgiving dinner.

>stab potato
>throw it in the oven
>450 degrees
>45 minutes

The potatoes cant be too thicc otherwise I would have to leave them in longer.

I prefer mine plain, maybe add little salt, but that is about it.

not at all, at least depending on what hash browns you mean
restaurant-style crispy grated potatoes hash browns? not weird
freezer-aisle fast-food long-thin-wide-tater-tots or potato-triangles type hash browns? yeah, probably, they're really similar

I feel like all potato-based foods are on a spectrum from potato-ness or fried-ness
Full-potato is like an unseasoned baked potato plain, and full-fried-no-potato is like chips. Everything else is on a spectrum from one to the other, like curly fries are not as potato-y compared to steak-fries, but shoestring potato chips are more potato-y than ruffles, etc.

or am I off-base

You're high as God's tits but I feel you, user.

that's the exact reaction I was hoping to get. Because I am high as God's tits. But I feel that way.

You're right. I've always liked the fried end of the scale so steak frites < regular fries < shoestrings for me, and I've never been able to explain it so clearly before.

Curly fries are their own thing, though. Dat seasoning.

the seasoned-ness spectrum is its own distinct thing
curly fries, seasoned fries, both more seasoned than homemade-style chips, etc.
man I'm high

sweet

meme doctor guy says white potato no es bueno

I make date sweetened pecan pie with sweet potato :D

Rectal sous vide

Curly fries. I don't know why the shape makes them more appetising but it does.
I also like baked sweet potato, hot or cold. Dying to try a Spanish omelette as well.

It's not just the shape. Curly fries are usually lightly battered and spiced/seasoned.

You're right, I'm being stupid. I've never had curly fries that weren't battered/spiced come to think of it. The shape is still good though, makes them more compact and easily chewed.

Covered in cay Anne and drizzled down with olive oil and baked. So simple, so easy, so fantastic.

Fav? Potato salad or potato chips.

I love making french fries. the right way. as in julliene small, wash starch off, fry twice. but plot twist. toss them in a rosemary spice blend I like, cause rosemary and potatoes were made for each other.

Patatas Bravas are GOAT. they remind me of the cheesy potato bowl the Taco bell used to have but actually edible.

youtube.com/watch?v=vzyzlkouXsM

Nah im just not gay

>can't handle.. potatoes..
>everyone else is gay
user I..

I don't, do you guys usually? I just grab one and take a bite. The skin isn't very thick and it's even softer than the applies I keep in the bowl with my potatoes. I've heard some people cook them but is this true? It seems like they would get all crunchy, right?

Do americans really do this?

Potatoes au gratin are the money potatoes.

This

sort of agree, but most people fuck it up by adding onion and/or leek

>he doesn't call it a potato rotato

Mashed.
I like my potatoes like I like my bitches.
THICC and hot with a side of bacon.

want an advice from a spaniard?
Will sound dumb, but the tortilla espaƱola tastes way better on a bar or restaurant, no matter how well of a chef you are
Paralellaly, they pillar of a good tortilla are consistency and soakedness, varying to taste

You are definitely not a man.

I kinda think the ultimate is polish or other eastern europe potatoes w/ butter and dill. although potatoes originated from the andes or whatever, I'm pretty sure eastern europeans actually figured them out the best.

I fucking hate these things so fucking much
You get an iota of potato and pay extortionate prices for the serving you get
Not to mention it is incredibly difficult and unsatisfying to eat
0/10

I eat meat and vegetables, and legumes almost exclusively. As far as me not being a man, I'd crush you like a bug, no doubt

Veeky Forums go back to doing tributes on pictures of muscle men.

I will, no homo

I've never seen anybody sell "potato tornados"

where can I get one of these thingamabobs?

State fairs in the mid-west. It's just a spiral-cut potato, deep-fried.

gratin

your response made it a good meme

First result on Google was one of those Tasty videos.

Skewer, spiral cut, spread, oil up, season, bake.

Hassleback potatoes are where it's at

>Tasty videos.
I just binge watched several of them
They seem ridiculous at most, but every one is mouth watering

t. /b/tard
Grow up or get witty.

I heard that the starch in potatoes can react badly when mixed with certain high-protein substances, including nigger cum. I bet that's the problem in your sweet little tummy.

ash-baked potatoes are pretty nice
the idea is that you bury them in the ash, light a fire and let it burn for a while
the skin will be charred, but the inside will be fine

Lately I've just been cutting them in half and grilling them with oil and seasonings. Been using small red potatoes.

They still have that bowl user, they're called cheesy fiesta potatoes. I get them almost every time I go to taco bell

Please refer to my post here:

For me, It's twice-baked potatoes. The best way to make a tater

The starch of the potatoes reacts badly with the gallons of nigger semen in your stomach.

tator tots are the way to go. you get so much more crunchy surface area on tots.

Those are impossible to make at home.

>impossible to make at home

Too bad. I was just going to ask for a recipe for tater tots. I don't like to buy the premade frozen crap.

Why did peeling become common practice, seems like you're going out of your way to put work on yourself, skin tastes just fine.
To answer OPs question roasted crisp and bathed with gravy or boiled n mashed with copious amounts of butter and black pepper is how we do it in potatoland.

T H I S
H I
I H
S I H T

That crunchy exterior is called fat fatty.

That crunchy exterior is called fat fatty.

must I feel bad for not peeling the skin, then?
I usually dont because of pure lazyness, as I think that just washing them leaves out anything bad, but I feel a shit cooker for it

>HIHI
>SIHT

????

This user has the right idea.

My grandmother said raw potatoes were her favorite childhood snack