Other urls found in this thread:

pannacooking.com/recipes/spaghetti-carbonara-tony-mantuano/
territorialseed.com/product/italian-pepperoncini-pepper-seed/elite_collection
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

4/10 bait you'll get at least one real reply

Why is this considered bait?

You're trying too hard.

I've never had it.

Because its well known that peas do not belong in carbonara. Bacon is shit compared to pancetta, which is the proper meat in carbonara, but isnt as big of a sin. There are many people who disagree about the cream, though, and it is a hotly debated topic that OP correctly assumed would get him many salty (you)'s.

I've never heard of cream in carbonara. Isn't that what the egg is for?

Thank you for explaining. I was asking seriously because I have not seen enough proper carbonara to recognize when it's being made incorrectly.

No, I really didn't know.

Probably why this is deemed bait.

My roommate used to eat pic related.
It's so fucking disgusting. I never tried real carbonara after eating this

I just use bacon cause none of the grocery stores in my area carry pancetta. God I love being flyover.

I just get some pork tips or something from Walmart and fry them in salt and oil. I don't know what pancetta is but I assume it's salty, fatty pork. Comes out great me thinks.

That's even further from pancetta.

Carbonara is supposed to use raw eggs (not cream), and guanciale (not bacon).

inb4 pancetta
no, bacon is a lot better

>which is the proper meat in carbonara

Sorry bud, but it's actually guanicale, not pancetta

It's working-class food. The proper choice is whatever is the cheapest, greasiest meat available.

I use salt pork in my carbonara
come at me

Whatever.

This makes me wonder what pemmican carbonara would taste like.

It's best smothered in red sauce

>I use salt pork in my carbonara
Who does not?

People who use bacon, pancetta, or guanicale

pannacooking.com/recipes/spaghetti-carbonara-tony-mantuano/

hear me out guys, i eat cabornara like nothing else, i have always dreamed of placing chilli flakes in this dish for some spicy heat, what do you think.

White wine, Bacon, a little bit of cream, egg yolk, cheese shed on the top some common spice and a pinch of salt and pepper

>peas do not belong in carbonara
In your opinion.

stupid american

Make a single serving, sprinkle some chili flakes, then report back.

I put Chilli flakes I mine, tastes good

Chilli flakes is just crushed red pepper, which the Italians used quite a bit (see: all'Amatriciana). So it makes sense and they might've used it a bit.

Only a fucking idiot american would think that we Italians make use of "chili" pepper. Black pepper always, never red chili, maybe you are thinking of the calabrians which are considered mostly french in italy. Sicilians (who arent even considered human by normal Italians) might eat some sort of mild green pepper but I have never heard of this. It would not be a surprise if they did however.

Americans are so ignorant they fail to notice that they are the donkey telling a rooster it has a big head.

Don't forget the main ingredient, you should try it.

>italians don't use pepperoncini

Are you insane?

I like peas. I don't care if it is traditional or not.

Sudtiroler spotted.

I cannot help you if you have never been to Italia. I have been living here all my life so I think I have some authority on this matter.

Consider yourself BTFO Guido, and hide your head in shame.

territorialseed.com/product/italian-pepperoncini-pepper-seed/elite_collection

What cheese can I use as a substitute to parmsean?

lol nice source very credible...not. You would find it not so easy to find an Italian source. Im sure you are an ignorant american and dont speak my language so good luck with your search.

I would like to add, just because italian is the name does NOT mean it is a native pepper. And even if there is a native pepper it does not mean villages use it. shaking my head so hard at the moment.

Pecorino Romano if used lightly. It's sharp like parmasan but it's quite a bit saltier.

Obviously it's not going to be native. Peppers are only native to America.

Look, you've literally been beaten up the side of your olive oil drenched head. Look at any Italian recipes on the internet posted by true decayed olive skinned Roman Empire descendants and most of them use pepperoncino.

You must be from the border of Switzerland where you're more pseudo germanic because you are the progeny of the raping and pillaging Huns who overran the Roman Empire. In which case, go figure - black pepper seems hot to you.

>believes all recipes he finds on the internet
>unironically does not believe actual Italian born in Italy.

Real Italians do not use or enjoy chili pepper, maybe it some new cuisine but in my village if we saw someone cooking with "pepperoncino" they would be shot. You must be confused with those pickled greek peppers. We eat these in salads sometimes but as they are Greek not italian.

All these fucking newfags ITT don't realize that carbonara is a poor person food and bacon is 100% acceptable.

In the end the meat mostly just gives it fat + flavour and you're mostly gulping down pork flavoured spaghetti in neutral tasting egg sauce.

Carbonara autism is an old Veeky Forums meme