What is your favorite cut of Cow Veeky Forums?

What is your favorite cut of Cow Veeky Forums?

Is hanger steak the one true patrician cut?

As a guy who expended a considerable amount of effort building a BBQ put in his backyard, I can say I enjoy the brisket.

I think hanger steak, flank steak, and brisket are all better then filet mignon. ribeye is nice tho.

Fillet is good, but kind of bland and overrated. Also, fillet is pretty hard to mess up as long as you don't overcook it. Hanger, brisket, flank requires a deft hand to prepare, maybe that's why it's so good.

Skirt u dinguses

filet is too soft and tasteless for me. I don't buy into the 'king of steaks' meme. If I'm getting any filet it's because I've ordered a T-bone and at least you get that nice fat strip steak on the other side of the bone.

Ribeye is good, and hanger steak is deserving its huge surge in popularity.

I only eat filet if it's in a wellington. Such an overrated cut.

While I like ox tail, tongue, liver, and heart, if I had to pick a favorite it would have to be some kind of steak.

Growing up if I ever ate steak it was eating out with my parents, and I'd always just ask my mom what she liked, to which she'd reply, "filet minon, medium rare", but I never was too big of a fan.

Later on I realized that I liked fattier cuts. I had a NY for the first time in years a few weeks ago, and it was actually a little too fatty for me. A few months ago, though, I started cooking at a place that roasts a few tenderloins throughout the night, just under medium-rare, and slices of a few pieces for a handful of different dishes - and that shit is actually divine.

That said, my favorite balance is probably ribeye. With good seasoning and cutting across the grain thinly, with a really sharp knife, a top sirloin is probably the best value for cheap steak to order in a restaurant, if you want to order rare.

So, um, I guess I like beef, even though I don't eat it that often (brought home a fucking burger from work, and it was really good).

chef john pls go

someone just watched a food wishes video

how do you know about chef john tho?

Fuck off, newfag.

Veeky Forums used to be Masaokis and Maangchi. Chef Jon was the first step towards reddit shit like joey, jack, and mcchicken shitposting.

Ja/ck/ is literally Veeky Forums-tier, reddit just copied our bullying. Ja/ck/ doesn't even have an active subreddit

>Ja/ck/ doesn't even have an active subreddit

Go learn how to make one, then. That's no excuse for you to shitpost here.

That inherently means he isn't "reddit shit" you fucking mong. Are you as stupid as Ja/ck/?

I think calling something "reddit" is one of the dumbest things someone can say on here, but you were the one who said you came from reddit (implied by the fact that you knew there was no place there to shitpost about jack).

Go fucking back. Nobody here wants you.

If you need a "subreddit" for your epic youtube "celebrity", start a thread on /b/.

I never said I came from reddit you retard, nor is it implied because all you have to do is literally search cooking with jack and reddit and see that no active subreddits are present. The one that is there has only year old posts and is otherwise dead. The others are references to his videos from certain subreddits when they randomly pounce on a video.

If you can't handle Ja/ck/, you don't belong on Veeky Forums because you're too easily triggered. It's that fucking simple. Better yet, why don't you create some filters so you don't get so assmad from Ja/ck/. Or try tumblr.

I don't eat beef.

I eat bison.

Normally I cook strip steaks in a pan. Love that edge of fat you can melt down

fuck off cheff john from foodwishes.com

Tail. The tail taste amazing.

Hanger steaks are awsome

>a video on how to make cheesecake with the premade filling

Filet is like Johnny Walker Blue imo

Pretty good, not worth what you pay for it but it's the experience of ordering and paying for something of that value that increases your enjoyment of it. At least for me.

But yeah, flank, hanger, eye of rib are where it's at for sure.

Pre-made filling on a pre-made base.

>i couldn't find a place to spam this shit on reddit so i came here

Okay.

Now fuck off, or at least go to /b/; it'll probably be more your speed.

T-Bone is objectively the best piece of meat money can buy.

Flat iron is underrated

Ja/ck/ has been here for years, retard, it's not something recent that I just imposed upon this place. You're honestly even dumber than Ja/ck/ which is almost impressive. Why don't you start a youtube show? I think you'll do very well on reddit. It's that place you can't stop talking about.

>implying that flat iron isn't the patrician cut
Hanger is for plebs tbqh. Only fit for a sandwich

>someone just watched Chef John's new video

>take top blade steak
>cut it the other way
>charge twice as much for it

bothers me, so I usually just get the top blades and make shishkebab.

Flanken cut short rib has the same problem, but at least they're cutting through some bones to justify it.

>shishkebab
REMOVE KEBAB

What does being a poorfag feel like?

>ja/ck/ has been here for years

So you've been here for two years since the mods ran you out of whatever containment board you were on before?

>not butterflying whole shortribs and instead ruining them by crosscutting

You're what's wrong with korean american BBQ.

tri tip for me. but its a regional thing I guess. I apologize to the men here who have never known its grace.
but really any butcher would be able to get it for you. they may not having it lying around but just ask for it and Im sure they can get you one.
really just think brisket I guess.

really ask your local butcher for a tri tip cut.

(top) sirloin, it is most forgiving of mis-cooking ime.

Ribeye I guess.

>muh marbling
Trash

Tbh I'd go for flank steak think cut med rare. Following that would have to be sirloin cut.

My local butcher always has tri-tip in stock. Fantastic cut, especially during this time of year.

where were you when you learned that Ja/ck/ was partially bla/ck/?

going to be flying at half mast today

Of all the webms, this one pisses me off the most. Even more than overflowing corn dog batter into cold oil.

oooooooh mama...

that is sinful >:)

imagine being such a fuckup that you can't even get a pre-made cheesecake shell and a pre-made cheesecake filler to come out right

CAN YOU JUST FUCK OFF PLEASE

I saw the chef john video today too OP, you didn't have to make a garbage thread about it

I hate jack posters and wish every single one of you the most painful and horrifying deaths but that webm was remarkable. Like, a new level of ham-handedness.

>tfw Maangchi will never be your mother in law

I like to buy an entire cows head, peeled of from skin and drained from blood, just shove the entire thing in to the oven and pour salt and pepper over it as it cooks

Then just take a fork and stab it and take chunks off of it and eat it from the large pan, then leave it for another day

I do cut the tongue off and make a simple soup out of it, with corn paste balls.

Agreed. Filet tastes fine I suppose but it's just so damn boring and lean. I find people that like that cut tend to be equally boring.

Rump cover and if you've never eaten that you're missing out. That said, don't prepare it American BBQ style, kinda ruins it; do it Brazilian style instead - don't overseason, cook it quickly on direct heat. I'm a fan of sirloin for sheer versatility and how hard it is to fuck up, it's pretty much one of the few meats you can use just about anywhere.

That said, my favorite goes to a nice, meaty T-Bone. That stuff is just great.