Chili question

Hey Veeky Forums what can i substitute for canned bean juice in my chili? I know beans is frowned upon here, but the recipe i use calls for it to make the chili thicker.

Looking for a substitute thickening agent because Father's Day is tomorrow, Pa likes chili, but he has gout. Beans have high uric acid content so he can't eat those anymore.

corn starch? cheese?

I just make my chili thicker by crushing saltine crackers in it before I eat it.

it's only a meme, beans are fine unless you're a tryhard

you're supposed to thicken chili with masa. if you can't find any just crush some corn chips and throw them in.

Beans in chili are perfectly fine. Texas cunts can fuck right off.

Tomato paste

gelatine will thicken anything right up

There is no known substitute for bean liquor, op.
sorry.

> but the recipe i use calls for it to make the chili thicker.
just cook it longer

>but the recipe i use calls for it to make the chili thicker.
If you just want to make it thicker cook it on the hob with the lid off for ~30 minutes or more. Problem fucking solved.

>I know beans is frowned upon here
no fucking way

if that's the case then Veeky Forums is the worst board here ever

Uhh beans are amazing, I wont even eat chili that doesn't have beans in it.

A roux with masa harina (not just straight cornmeal, that won't bind to itself) would work.

Okra would work (remove after cooking if you'd like).

Cornstarch slurry or a flour roux would work.

Your best bet is to cube up or grind a tough cut of beef instead of using pre-ground beef. Brown it up a bit, Sautee/Brown your onions if you want, and simmer this all in 1-2 cups of water until just about dry, maybe with a bone or two in there just to suck out all of the gelatin from the bones and sinews. Give it a second simmer-down, either with water, or with your tomatoes and veggies, top up again (with water if your stuff's already in, or with your stuff if you've been using water to this point) and reduce to desired consistency. This is all the thickening that Porkolt usually gets.

Bean consumption is associated with lower incidence of all-cause mortality. Only dum texans hate beans in their chili.

Lots of ignorance in this thread, but can't say I'm surprised. Some of us just think a proper chili excludes beans and there's nothing wrong with that.

I don't view chili as a food you make in a bulk and stretch out with beans. Instead, approach it like a steak. Get the best quality beef you can find with the best quality spices, and enjoy the simplicity of it.

I ate nothing but chili variations for the past two months. I literally started to smell like a pajeet because of the cumin.

>I don't view steak as a food you make in bulk and stretch out with a potato or a side of vegetables.

pfft... k... I think most people would prefer to have a meal of more than just a tiny well cooked steak alone on a plate though. but you do you.

This. Use it instead of tomato sauce.

>beans in chili autism
>constant carbonara fighting

ahh, i miss the Veeky Forums of yesteryear

> I know beans is frowned upon here
That's exactly the reason you should use them. Only three things ever came from Texas, OP: steers, beers, and queers.

> but the recipe i use calls for it to make the chili thicker.

How hard is it to make chili? You can thicken it with tomato paste. Otherwise it's ground beef, stew beef, wild game, plus some onions, tomatoes, garlic, sweet peppers, chili peppers, spices, beer, etc. You're basically just browning some meat and then stewing it around with a bunch of shit that tastes good together.

Canned bean juice? WTF?

Crumble up some tortilla chips and mix those into the chili.

Oh, you mean that yesteryear when Veeky Forums wasn't 99% shitposts and 1% fun?

>Crumble up some tortilla chips and mix those into the chili.

Yep, do that. Everybody loves soggy tortilla chip-dust. For fuck's sake, don't serve the chips crispy on the side for dipping. You're just a douchebag if you serve that.