previous thread

*Autism required

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xWK6NuWGi9c
walmart.com/ip/Melitta-Pour-Over-1-Cup-Brew-Cone-Black/21777801
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What is that kettle?

>previous thread
no. stop making generals, this isn't reddit. if you have a specific topic make a thread

here

Cuisinart CPK-17

Grinder?

Is there any way I can enjoy an espresso at home for less than ~$75?

No. Realistically, the cheapest setup (buying new) you could do at home is a Gaggia Classic ($380) and a LIDO-E ($180). Used gear is fine, but you really have to know what you're looking for.

aeropress or one of the Bialetti

Neither of which is espresso

Damn, guess I'll stick with pre ground through my Mr coffee

no

What's a decent entry-level sub-$500 grinder for a french press?

Encore or Virtuoso

Anyone uses a pavoni europiccola?
I fucking love espresso drinks so I kinda want to buy a machine to use on weekends.
Is this a good idea or should I stick to pourover for home use?

It was a gift from my relatives. I think it makes a decent cup, especially if you use the reusable cup with some freshly ground beans.

>drinking coffee

>I fucking love espresso
I think you have your answer

so here's my thing. I'm 27, never have liked the flavor of coffee starting with trying it at like 10 years old. I try it often, my girlfriend drinks it so I'll try a sip of hers and not particularly enjoy it. So Here I am with no coffee habit living and functioning just fine. So my question to you is, would you try to pick up the coffee habit if you were me? What I'm thinking is - I don't get tired during waking hours now, why would I go about introducing a persistent source of caffeine when I don't really need it?

>habit
Some of us drink it because we enjoy it. Not everyone uses it as a drug.

Home espresso isn't something you get cause you love espresso...it becomes more of a hobby.

Deep investments etc.

it tastes good, has nootropic effects, and coffee addiction is a meme

OP how expensive is your coffee grinder?

>Post your BATTLESTATIONS!
OP here is mine BATTLESTATION

Opposite to you I use mine every day not like you who is keeping it just as museum pieces on perfectly arranged display table.

Disregard all other reccomendations. Get a moka pot, under 60 bucks and while not a true "espresso" (due to pressure needed) it does produce a thicker, syrupier more concentrated cup which most espresso drinkers find comparable to real espresso. Get some quality beans like the black cat espresso blend from intelligentisa or some hair bender from stumptown and you are good to go. Best investment coffee wise I have made in a while, straight up.

DON'T START user.
Coffee is a misleading meme.
If you don't want to get shakings and jitters from caffeine withdrawal and feeling of nervous irritation don't start user.
Live your life the way you are living now and be happy

I many times have 2-3 weeks brakes from drinking this shit.
Even tho I buy expensive high quality freshly roasted 100%Arabica medium roasted (or lover roast) local coffee beans I'm noticing that when I have brake from it I feel much more relaxed,and more peaceful inside.
When I run out of coffee beans I don't rush to the roaster to buy more.I give a rest and I just function great with out it.

Yes drinking coffee forms an addiction, there are few reasons for it.
Especially if you are using quality aromatic beans like( Arabica are) freshly roasted and you grind it fresh just before brewing the smell of it is very pleasant very addictive, and now when you brewing this stuff the aroma in the air
adds more to the 'imprisonment' of your senses, and now comes the third stage drinking this liquid and tasting all it's aromas.

Coffee is a fucking drug that delivers caffeine into your system and it is sometimes helpful in keeping you awake and "energetic" but if you start drinking more than a cup/day you will develop fucking addiction to it.
The trick is to be in control of the intake of it, but I (same as you mentioned), I don't feel that I'm falling apart when I'm not getting doze of caffeine in my body.
That fucking thing (the coffee the caffeine) disturbs smooth sleeping cycle, you will go to sleep of course but I noticed that my sleep is not as smooth and relaxing during the days when I drink coffee,
but during the days (weeks) when I don't drink coffee my sleep and feeling of rest in the morning is much better much more pleasant much more relaxed and I feel good during the day as well.
It takes 2-3 days for the caffeine effects to 'leave' my system (the withdrawal effect) after I stop drinking it.
DON'T START!

Oh look at the time, it's shitposter o'clock

anyone got the ID for that watch?

1967 Jaeger LeCoultre Memovox

nice Timex user
I bet it was more than $500

don't listen to this guy, it's obviously a mid-90s Patek Philippe

what brand? is it retro or vintage?
haven't heard of 'seiko' before

you fool, this is fake Chinese replica
it's so cheap that even doesn't have the date window

you can pick it at Walmart for $19.99

>haven't heard of 'seiko' before
Because you don't shop at Walmart obviously.

wtf is a Walmart, some type of watch manufacture/distributor? or is it a watch brand?

You bought that from Amazon? Why the fuck are they selling 12 oz for the same price as 2 lbs? On their website they're selling 12 oz for $8.95. what the fuck Amazon

Seiko is one of the more iconic Patek Philippe mdoels, now discontinued
you're unlikely to find it at all, much less at a reasonable price
Patek ditched the date window in 1993 before bringing it back 6 years later. the detailing is obviously much too good for this to be a chinese gake

>Seiko is one of the more iconic Patek Philippe mdoels, now discontinued
you moron Seiko line of watches are made by ROLEX, they doing that to keep the price low so they can sell it at Walmart and Costco.

Great post.

Who the fuck wears a watch nowadays unless you're some nouveau riche trash wearing a gaudy Rolex because it impresses your other nouveau riche whitetrash associates? I'm really surprised those cheap watches still exist.

It's the one that started your butthurt in the first place. Don't you remember?

>Who the fuck wears a watch nowadays
This character does.
The $500 coffee grinder dude.

You get THREE 12oz bags for the same price as 2 lbs. So, getting the 12oz bags nets you 4 oz more (36oz vs 32oz)

>tfw used to drink more than half a litre of yerba mate a day
>tfw it can keep me going for 5 hours, when coffee can manage 2 houres at best
>tfw no withdrawal now that I'm on vacation
>tfw cheaper than good coffee
>no need for expensive equipment, just buy a bombilla and start sipping
>tfw shittons of vitamins and magnesium
how can coffee even compete, other than maaybe on the flavor front?

Oh, I'm retarded. I wish they sold single 12oz bags on there. I'll have to buy their website then.

From their website*

What was the full context of that? Were they talking about pulling espresso professionally? In that context it makes complete sense to say you can't get similar results. Making coffee at home with that kind of gear makes less sense because there are too many other variables that you won't be able to eliminate anyway, but that hasn't stopped me from being autistic enough to spend way too much on a nice grinder.

>that guy sperging over chiapas coffee
Much like Peruvians who hope nobody has really had Peruvian food, he's a Chiapan hoping nobody has been to Tuxtla

Chiapas coffee is fine but hardly the best in the world. That award goes to Costa Rica Tarrazu

*sips instant coffee filled to the brim with processed sugar and hazelnut flavoured cream*
aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh. dont talk to me before ive had my coffee™©®. you wouldnt like to see me when im angry

>From their website*
it's OK buy the whole outlet. kek

>the best in the world. That award goes to Costa Rica Tarrazu
I would say Ethiopia

>aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh. dont talk to me before ive had my coffee™©®. you wouldnt like to see me when im angry

Is bean coffee a meme? It's just an excuse for grinders to sell right?

there's a reason all decent coffee shops grind their coffee right before they make it

No there isn't

Yep. That's what I'm doing, too. The Mexican stuff I got was good, I just like variety and it takes a while to drink that much by myself. I was just happy it was actually fresh.

1. user asked about the LIDO 3 and was surprised at the price for a hand grinder, said he could get an automatic for that price
2. Another user said "you'd have to spend $500 on an automatic to match the precision and consistency (of the LIDO)"
3. Cue three weeks of this user shitposting with an out of context statement

no, it really is much nicer to grind fresh

This was my cutting board project and I turned the drawers into storage for dry storage and a handful of utensils. I'll post my knife magnet in a sec.

Here it is with no wheels yet.

And here's some of my knives on my wall magnet. Hard to tell but it looks like a block of wood.

100% butt hurt.
0% sense of humor.

seems dangerous but I have to applaud the effort and skill

>2. Another user said "you'd have to spend $500 on an automatic to match the precision and consistency (of the LIDO)"
NO NO NO
here is exactly what he said;
">no you can't. you'd need to spend $500+ for a grinder that can match the precision and consistency. $180 will buy you a piece of shit."
Obviously insulting poor people,the plebs.
Must be rich 1%-ter to be so cruel and disrespectful.

It was actually a gift and you can buy it on amazon if you search for "wood magnet". It's designed to be mounted.

How do you handle life if one comment on Veeky Forums made three weeks ago still has you in a spiral of madness?

Nice.
youtube.com/watch?v=xWK6NuWGi9c

Yeah, I hunted long enough to find a refurb of a simple but well made electric, still cost something like $200.

go back and read this

>How do you handle
that's how I handle
pic related

Normally 25 cents a cup/ $1 per day...hope u all like maxwell house

Poor man's substitute for real espresso gear

>started French press ~year ago
>Fuck my Keurig

Can someone recommend me a nice coffee maker, built in filter, ~$100 or less

At this time, current SCAA Certified Home Brewers are:

Technivorm Moccamaster
Behmor Connected Brewer or Behmor Connected Coffee Brew System
KitchenAid Coffee Maker KCM0802
KitchenAid Pour Over Coffee Brewer (model KCM0801OB)
Bonavita Coffee Maker (model BV1900TS)
Bonavita BV1900TD 8-Cup Digital Coffee Brewer
OXO On 9-Cup Coffee Maker
OXO On 12-Cup Coffee Maker
Wilfa Precision Coffee Maker
BUNN 10-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker
Behmor Brazen Connected 8 Cup Coffee Maker
Cuisinart PurePrecision™ Pour Over Coffee Brewer

straight from the specialty coffee association of America website user. Good hunting.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF is this post some kind of pedo code to get to fuck young boys..you sick fuck !!!

Is Veeky Forums another version of Pizzagate you sick pedo fucks ????????

yeah

That is young user on a coffee cup

I don't know but there something fucking fishy about this boys picture on a cup held like that, and the cryptic text in the post.
Normal person would not post that way.
Smells pedo to me

I was the user who asked the seminal (heh) question and I wasn't insulted.

I loved those. I should've saved them but I didn't want that shit on my phone or comp

>I loved those. I should've saved them but I didn't want that shit on my phone or comp
what's wrong with having them on your ph or comp?

..start saving

Anyone here ever try butter coffee?

>$100 or less
I'll take him!

I like it. I drink it before early Saturday morning workouts, occasionally.

Get some of the Kerrygold like the "bulletproof" memesters use. I don't blend it or anything. I just keep a spoon in my cup and give it a swirl before taking a drink.

YOU SEE PEDOS
Fucking pedos code on Veeky Forums
We need /pol/ here to clean this shit up from here.

PEDOS GO AWAY YOU ROTTEN PERVERTS

Just a teaspoon of butter to your regular right?

>Post your BATTLESTATIONS!
WELCOME TO PEDO / COFFEE THREAD ON Veeky Forums

What do you guys think of the Aeropress? I've been using it for a few months now, and while I've been really enjoying it, I can't help but wonder if I'm missing out on anything you might get from using any of the pour over devices.

>What do you guys think of the Aeropress?
This is pedo thread now.
Stop asking unrelated questions.

I use 2 tablespoons in 12oz of coffee

Just go to Walmart and get pic related for $3. I love mine. Once you get your grind dialed, it is foolproof

Damn, if it's that cheap I guess there's no reason not to try it. Would I have any problems with a non gooseneck kettle?

Nah. Just practice pouring a slow steady stream in the sink before you try it. Some kettles are easier with some extra water in there to act as ballast, but you'll have to figure your own out. I'm OP and I use that big mother fucking kettle and it works just fine. Watch some jewtube if you're not sure on technique

Oh, okay. So if you're OP, how does the Melitta differ from the V60 you have there?

>Oh, okay. So if you're OP, how does the Melitta differ from the V60 you have there?
OP paid $500 for the V60 you pleb.

Biggest difference is the V60 has a giant hole, so it is far more affected by your pouring Comparing taste, the V60 is definitely a bit brighter and cleaner because it doesn't have that extra contact time from being held up in the brewer

Wow, I typed way more than that and the middle bit got deleted, I guess. But you get the jist, right?

Little hole = can only flow out at a certain rate so there is more contact time, not as affected by pouring rate/technique

Big hole = Much more dependent on your pour/technique

Yes, it makes sense, thank you.

>the V60 has a giant hole,
very gay OP very gay

that shit is $6 on amazon no way it's $3 at walmart

walmart.com/ip/Melitta-Pour-Over-1-Cup-Brew-Cone-Black/21777801

Literally the cheapest way to make coffee, ever.