/summer/ general

Share with me your favourite food to eat in the summer, any recipes would be appreciated.

It's 27c here in her majesty's England at the moment which for us is a heatwave and everyone has gone a little crazy.

>favorite foods to eat
>in england
I don't think the stuff you consume can legally be called "food" in my country.

Drink ice cold beer instead of room temperature beer, faggot.

America personified as a frozen confectionery.

>chilled cider while enjoy an english cheese selection in this sweltering heat

Dim the lights, have some night ambient music and enjoy the weather. It is even better when it finally cools down around 10pm.

>It's 27c here in her majesty's England at the moment which for us is a heatwave
That's a pretty typical early summer's day here in Dixie. When it hits the mid 90s and gets really humid is when people get slow and irritable. We drink a lot of iced tea to cool off, usually with lots of sugar. I've been drinking it without sugar more and more because I'm trying to eat better though. Nothing cools you off like a tall glass with a lemon wedge and fresh mint sprig. I don't know about England, but in America they sell tea specifically blended for icing in big bags for making whole pitchers at a time. You want a mellow black tea like an orange pekoe blend.

To make Southern-style sweet iced tea with metric measurements:

>Bring half a liter of water to a strong boil in a small pot, not a kettle.
>Add a quarter liter of white sugar into the water, stirring until it's all dissolved.
>Reduce the heat to a low simmer and add probably around 6 tea bags in the pot, draping the strings over the edge of the pot obviously
>I find wrapping them around the pot's handle keeps them out of the way
>Add just a tiny pinch of baking soda, this cuts the tannin of the tea and makes the final product smoother, but it has to be a very small amount or you'll taste the soda
>Cover and let steep for 20-30 minutes, depending on how strong you like it
>Remove from heat and get a heat-resistance pitcher, this recipe makes a little more than 2 liters so make sure it's big enough
>Pour the steeped tea and sugar into the pitcher.
>Pour 1.5 liters of cold water over the tea bags still in the pot, and then into the pitcher
>Refrigerate until cold, usually a couple hours
>Serve in a tall glass over ice cubes, lemon wedge and mint sprig optional but recommended

Sip that shit in the shade and you'll cool off in no time, cheese and crackers are an excellent accompaniment.

>inb4 other Southernfags say I'm making sweet tea wrong
I know everyone does it slightly different, fuck off.

>That's a pretty typical early summer's day here in Dixie

Yeah but when most of the UK floats around 15c or colder for most of the year 27c is fires of hell levels of torture.

I like that pic because it's damn accurate. When I lived in the midwest I used to still play golf even if it was 5 C. One time they hooked me up with canadians who were, I shit you not, wearing shorts, while I was wearing long underwear with a heavily lined tracksuit.

>not making your sweet tea with honey

Pleb as fuck

>Central FL
>consistently 90 f all summer
I had a cast a little while back for a few weeks, it was awful

make instant sweet tea, freeze in ice cube tray, pop one whenever you pass by the kitchen

>90f

What is that in non-armpit temperatures? Don't make me post the retarded rollcercoaster of scales picture.

32C faggot.

I would die in that temperature. Last time I did hard manual labour in the heat (which is to say, 25c for me) I drank about 4-5 litres of water in an 8 hour period which was not fun given it was flushing my system out. Never before in my life did I need a bag of salty crisps so badly.

Added Murica section divided into North and South

Stickwurst™

Do Bongs really do this?

No.

Bongs only eat sausages (and often bangers) in either pigs in blankets, toad in the hole, shepherd's pie (savage version) or a full english.

Anything other than that is trying to act fancy and european.

>shishkebab
>european

Fuck you, I've never met anyone who does that shit. Honey goes on biscuits and fried chicken.

Fried dough pizza. You make bread dough, cut it into small balls, stretch them out and fry them. Then you dip them in tomato sauce. Although most people just dust some powdered sugar on top

It's pretty good, but fucking terrible for you.

Strikes me as something that needs a nice and spicy stuffing of some sort to really sing. Serve your hypothetical spicy dough balls alongside something like a pork chop and you;d have a great dish.

You could wrap the dough around something like pepperoni I guess.

Problem is cooking the thing - anything that can't survive a flash fry is going a bad time and if you are baking it the dough inherently won't be the main component.

this is the worst advice ever. shit beer or alcohol needs to be forzen or near forzen in order to numb the taste of the awful stuff. the tongue is too numb from the coldness to taste the shit. this is why american macro brews always say "ice cold" or "keep it cold" because they are terrible tasting.

Yesterday i had plain cold spaghetti with a soy sauce based dipping sauce.
Wa la

>sweetening your tea
>that reddit spacing
Pleb as fuck.