youtube.com/watch?v=1-2QBYKI8LU&t=1s
youtube.com/watch?v=440l8poSQiA
youtube.com/watch?v=fNsZkYMc3II
youtube.com/watch?v=KT7IYpjcpD4
youtube.com/watch?v=PH5zdV2LMrU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Shiny copper triggers me

Those are decorations. This is what a tool looks like

Nice post. I love videos about Japanese chefs and cooking, they are always super comfy and interesting.

stop trying to make generals, this isn't reddit. if you have a specific topic make a thread.

I fucking love copper. Best metal.

That looks like a well used chamber pot. Do you cook in it as well as piss in it?

is there anything more /comfy/ than a carbonara?
youtube.com/watch?v=K-PKO2FrdPY

Nice thread OP. I'm looking for this kind of material too but have nothing to contribute. People generally recommend that sushi documentary with the cooker that looks like a ghoul but I dislike it in 10 minutes and quit.

This entire fucking channel is comfy gold.

youtube.com/channel/UCVVAnxQ2YMC_qlc7QfPA2YQ/videos

clickbait titles aside, pretty good
I like JunsKitchen

Remembered something for you OP:

youtube.com/watch?v=q5z1y2jOofQ

Also check his channel

youtube.com/user/jastownsendandson

I just couldn't get into that guy at all for some reason when I tried to watch him a while ago. He just bores me to death.

You can polish your copper AND use it, just saying senpai.

I polish mine 3-4 times a year.

why though? It looks amazing until you use it once and then you just have blotty sick looking pans for a few weeks until the patina stabilizes.

it doesn't look like shit after one use, and if it does you're doing it wrong.

do you actually cook anything other than distilled water?

... my copper is lined with stainless, i'm not cooking with the outside of it.

full copper pots and pans and shit are for candy making, normal cooking with copper is done in a stainless lined, or tin lined copper pan.

thanks for the constructive comment user!! How would you improve the thread topic?

Here's my comfy addition, from Eat, Drink, Man, Woman (1994)

youtube.com/watch?v=1-2QBYKI8LU&t=1s

hot strong tea or coffee with a couple of splashes of Irish cream on a winter morning

How bout some fish n chips

and nothing ever touches the outside? I think what you mean is "I don't cook with it"

Sure something might spill and i'll have to wipe it off, but if that results in you having to repolish the entire pot after a single use, you're a fucking moron, or simply have no control over what you're doing in the kitchen.

I have some copper older than you are that looks close to brand new, especially after polishing. I also have some brand new copper I've bought in the last few months which still looks good even after a solid 4-5 weeks of use.

The idea that good looking copper is unused copper is just retarded.

maybe you just have a higher tolerance for blotchy, sick-looking pans, hmm?

Maybe you should consider getting a dehumidifier if you're having that big of an issue with it senpai.

I don't know of any dehumidifiers that freeze time and stop any reactive liquids from dripping over the lip of the pan while I'm transferring food

I'm leaning towards my first diagnosis which is that you only "cook" distilled water

Sounds like you aren't following a chefs golden rule. Always clean up as you go.

Seriously, if you have a a dish cloth on you, and you probably should if you're in the kitchen, just wipe off whatever got on the copper and keep cooking. Once you're done you want to get that copper as clean as possible as quickly as possible and then make sure it's dry as fuck before storing it.

Sorry, all you're telling me is you don't know how to take care of your cookware.

>Always clean up as you go.
You are proving, time and time again, that you don't cook.

A dribble of tomato sauce or wine reduction or anything else even remotely more complex than simple deionized water will instantly discolor a freshly polished copper surface. I'm explaining this to you because, clearly, you haven't used your pans as cooking implements (as opposed to decorations).

>Sorry, all you're telling me is you don't know how to take care of your cookware.
Correct, I "ruined" my cookware by using it, and I routinely abuse it by not polishing it like a retard every 6 weeks. The stable, deep patina from years of daily use makes me violently ill to look at. It's a shame people like me don't know how to appreciate copper for what it's meant for: hanging up on the wall for posed instagram shots

wew, so because you're lazy, everyone who isn't is wrong.

Kek, just fucking kill yourself already.

You've already proven you're a sloppy chef who refuses to keep his copper in decent shape. Having a patina is fine, but you shouldn't lie and act like it's impossible to keep copper clean.

Especially in a fucking home kitchen when you're not racing against the clock and rushing like one might in a professional environment.

Sorry, but you're not helping your case here.

>lazy
Yeah, a tiny drop of tomato sauce touching the outside of my pan WHILE I'M STILL COOKING means I'm lazy. If anything should touch the outside surface of the pan, I should stop everything, throw all the food in the trash, and autistically re-scrub all my cookware until it's shiny. Are you fucking serious?
>you shouldn't lie and act like it's impossible to keep copper clean.
I never said it's impossible, I said it's fucking stupid. Watch less YouTube and cook more, retard. Or maybe see a doctor first about that OCD.

>Are you fucking serious?
I don't know user, the entire list of shit you described doesn't resemble anything close to what I do in the kitchen, so I can only assume no, I'm not serious when you make up these lies.
> I should stop everything, throw all the food in the trash, and autistically re-scrub all my cookware until it's shiny
I mean, come the fuck on. You realize you're just creating a fake argument here to rail against? I never said this, nor implied it.

Jesus fuck user, do you know what a fucking lid is?
Use it.

>I never said this, nor implied it.
You implied that undoing a chemical reaction on the outside surface of the pot is "the chef's golden rule to clean up as you go", I'm genuinely curious how you would justify this point of view
Because of course lids prevent dribbles when transferring in or out of a saucepan. You really are a piece of work aren't you

>You implied that undoing a chemical reaction on the outside surface of the pot is "the chef's golden rule to clean up as you go", I'm genuinely curious how you would justify this point of view
About the only thing that will INSTANTLY fuck up copper like that as you said is something acidic like a wine reduction. Which is probably something I make at HOME once a fucking year.

My most used copper is a copper saute pan where i'm normally doing veggies and chicken or similar with olive oil or maybe butter.

I'm not italian, so i generally am not using a fuck load of tomatos in my cooking, so rarely is that a concern for my copper either.
Dude, just stop acting like you're the center of the universe, everyone does shit their own way, you might make a wine reduction or tomato based dish 3 times a week for all I know, in your case keeping your copper clean would be next to impossible. Just because you live your life in a certain fashion does not mean that's how everyone lives their lives.

It doesn't have to be a wine glaze or a New Jersey Eye-Talian "gravy". Acid is a backbone of cooking, this is not me being a special unique fringe case, this is just me cooking, and you not cooking. If it's instant, or if it's 30 seconds, it doesn't matter. There's suddenly a blotchy stain there over a pristine shiny background. Looks like shit. Just let the patina stabilize and stop trying to make your kitchen look like a Williams-Sonoma catalog.

stop using your ineptitude and laziness as your excuse to not polish your copper.

Having a patina is fine if that's your preference, but the fact you think polishing copper 4 times a year is somehow autistic and too much is just laughable.

Do you not bother to polish your silverware either?

Or maybe you're too poor to afford real sliver so you don't even think about it?

Silver has a complex shape and it doesn't suffer the same "diseased" look that a perfectly flat copper surface gets when it was just polished

I polish my silver when it starts to turn black. I prefer the light yellow hue of slightly oxidized silver over the perfect white sheen of just-polished silver.

People like you are why the M150 is the top-selling Mauviel line these days. Everyone just wants decorative cookware, why bother actually using your stuff? It's for the lazy :^)

>People like you are why the M150 is the top-selling Mauviel line these days. Everyone just wants decorative cookware, why bother actually using your stuff? It's for the lazy :^)
Kek mine isn't all Mauviel, but some is, I have a 2.5mm double boiler, 1.5mm ~9qt beating bowl, 2.5mm 10" skillet, 1.5mm ~2qt sauce pan with lid, 1.5mm ~3qt saute pan, and a 1.5mm 8" skillet.

>Pots and pans are formed from copper sheets of various thicknesses, with those in excess of 2.5 mm considered commercial (or extra-fort) grade. Between 1mm and 2.5 mm wall thickness is considered utility (fort) grade, with thicknesses below 1.5 mm often requiring tube beading or edge rolling to reinforce structural rigidity in circular configurations. Less than 1mm wall thickness is generally considered decorative, with exception made for the case of .75 - 1mm planished copper, which is work-hardened by hammering and therefore expresses performance and strength characteristic of thicker material.

This thread is not comfy at all.

Cant you fags stop fighting and post scenes/pics/videos about food?
youtube.com/watch?v=440l8poSQiA

CURRENTLY, I'm trying to improve the experience of eating. Like, I can cook decent food but I want to one day be able to cook dinner for guests and then create the whole experience.
I like the ambiance of candles and just had my first candlelight dinner (alone) last week. Theres still a lot to improve like using more candles and making sure I wont burn down the house. I need to invest in some glasses to avoid open flames around the room.

Now another inspo video:
youtube.com/watch?v=fNsZkYMc3II

Also I recommend Barry Lindon to everyone. First it is from Kubrick and I'm a huge fan of him. He has better movies history wise like Strangelove but you watch Barry Lindon to appreaciate the shots (same with Wes Anderson). They filmed using only candle sources and theres a lot of really beautiful scene. I don't remember if theres any candle light dinning but you have playing cards:
youtube.com/watch?v=KT7IYpjcpD4

Anyone went to Blue Bayou?
youtube.com/watch?v=PH5zdV2LMrU

I'm not from USA and Ive never been to disneyland but one day I was looking for restaurant and found Blue Bayou that has a very dark ambiance. I still need a lot to play with using light and darkness but one day I want to make something like they do.

Any tips on improving/developing/playing with the experience of eating? Anything besides illumination, music and table decoration?
I plan to read some book about disney or something about interior design. Also I need to start reading more restaurant reviews from specialized magazines. Will be thankful for any rec.

If you don't want fighting don't compare Kubrick to that shithead. What's next, you gonna put Antonioni and Linklater in the same bucket?

I'm talking about watching movies not for the plot but to see beautiful shots. For me Barry Lindon and Grand Budapest Hotel are similar since they have simple plots but you dont quit because the scenes are so beautiful. Also I love Moonrise Kingdom because it is yellow and have lots of forest scenes. I don't understand anything about cinema, I even don't like watching movies at all. Just see one once in a blue moon and try to choose something visually appealing to me. Then I screenshot some scenes and put it in my inspo folder.

>Because of course lids prevent dribbles when transferring in or out of a saucepan.
Pouring in a controlled manner and not rushing like a faggot trying to impress some bint would go a long way towards avoiding excessive spillage.