HEAD CHEESE

what's the verdict on head cheese co/ck/s?

just picked up a slab of some homemade xxx spicy head cheese at the local butcher and it sure is tasty

Other urls found in this thread:

meatsandsausages.com/sausage-recipes/head-cheese/american/traditional
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Good for you?

The verdict is, you're desperate for attention.

There is no verdict, some people like it, others don't, some other people didn't try it because it looks gross. That's about it. Good for you if you picked up some, now post about food you're actually making you lazy piece of shit.

Polite response, but you have to start from a base of utter contempt.

What's not to love? Gelatinous connective tissue and chunks of meat.

isn't every OP?

how unhealthy is this shit, am I going to clog my arteries?

Make your own faggot. It's easier than finding a butcher that makes it for you.

meatsandsausages.com/sausage-recipes/head-cheese/american/traditional

well my butcher is in walking distance so...

Yeah, that's ironically one of the big differences between rural backwaters and vibrant cities: You have local butchers and bakers. We have walmart so we have to make our own if we want anything more than exotic than Hillshire Farms sausage style product or Wonder "bread".

headcheese is great

>am I going to clog my arteries?
probably
what is it, pork and cheese and lard and sodium-laden spices?
also it ain't really home made if you bought it from the butcher

The only bad thing is that you can't grill/pannini that shit, because the gelatin melts out.

But an ultra-thin slice, on toasted bread, that's just excellent.

> head cheese with vinegar and thinly sliced raw onion rings

hnnnnnnnng

theres no cheese in head chese lol
it's pork scraps and gelatin

Taste my head then. It's cheesed up as fuck.

it's a mom and pop hole in the wall so it's pretty much homemade

I prefer tongue rolls

>mfw lengua cheese exists

That actually looks pretty revolting.

spotted the amerilard

Spotted the H O U R L Y ~ O B S E S S I O N

this is too intimidating for me

It's amazing. We used to butcher a pig and make some ourselves once a year when I was a kid but now my father is an alcoholic and my mother doesn't talk to him, so that's all gone.
Homemade headcheese is fucking amazing, but seeing it made probably isn't for everybody.

I still get some from a store around Christmas, but it's never the same.

It's a blob of gelatin stuffed with offal, why would anyone eat this outside of saving every meatscrap like a 1700's peasant?

I live in the first world, I don't need to eat tongues to survive.

I'd rather eat chitlins

I thought head cheese was brain in gelatin.

The website meatsandsausages.com lists around 25 different recipes for it from around the world including several from the US and most don't contain "offal" just scraps that would often be ground into sausage anyway.

Like with many other things, the unusual name frightens most modern americans into running away from it screaming in fear.

Brain can arguably be considered offal, depending on who you ask.

> the unusual name frightens most modern americans into running away from it screaming in fear.
You keep suggesting I'm American, and it's hardly the name that makes it not appealing.

The name always makes me think of smegma

It's called head cheese because it used to be made of ground up pig heads

and still is.

>meatsandsausages.com/sausage-recipes/head-cheese/american/traditional
>/american/traditional
>/american
>/traditional
top tier cuisine Americans.

This is what future petridish meat is going to look like

I love head cheese, I just didn't know what it was called for the longest time until some random cooking show. The local banh mi place I ate at growing up had the best head cheese.

We call it pig cheese and it's either random pork scraps or just tongue. Also the loads of paprika helps not only with the taste but also hides the gelatin.

>tfw slaughtering a 270kg swine every year and making this dish alongside home made sausages, bacon and whatever this smoked red meat and these pieces of fat cooked in a massive pot are called in English

Not living in the "civilized" world has its perks.