Tendie general

Well Veeky Forums, which tendies are best tendies?

Home made with parmesan potato stacks

I buy the frozen store brand at around 12 pieces for $6.

popeyes extra spicy if the niggers actually marinate the chicken like they're supposed to

The ones you don't buy.

KFC
+good size
+fairly good price
-too salty
-dry
-sauces not that great

Popeyes
+good taste
+kind of expensive if there's no special
+good sides
-all the good sauces were discontinued

Raising Canes
+extra crispy
+good sauce
-kind of bland otherwise
-shitty sides

Chickfila
+good taste
+good sauce
-small
-no sides other than fries

Hardees
ok
kind of expensive

Roy Rogers
ok
no good sauce

Dairy Queen
pretty sure these are just sysco

Bojangles
only went here once. tendies were like popeyes but not as good. sides were good.

still need to find a church's and a zaxby's

>Raising Canes Texas toast
>"""Shitty""" side
I'll fight you.

it's just toast. not even garlic toast or anything.

>classic maxresdefault (1).jpg

Homemade is best, Chick-fil-a and Popeye's are my favorites as far as fast food.

I like the buffalo flavored tendies. I think they're made by Tyson.

Are tendies just chicken breast coated in flour, or is it a special cut of chicken meat?

Tendies are tenders your dumb nigger.

technically they're supposed to be tenderloin, but usually they're just chicken breast

Underrated.

>chicken tenderloin
>kek

Technically that is correct, but the tenderloin of a chicken comes right off with the breast (it's the chicken finger shaped piece of meat that pulls right off from the breast, and I'd imagine was originally deep fried as a way to make use of it's weird shape, as a way to use up waste). That said, "tenderloin" is culinarily kind of a misnomer, because it has none of the distinction of being the most lean and succulent part of the animal, like on a steer or pig; it's pretty much indistinguishable from the breast meat, and virtually everywhere you order "tendies", it's just breast meat cut into strips, because that's how things work in advanced capitalism.

People will pay $100 for a beef tenderloin, but it's cheaper to just order chicken breast and cut it up, and nobody is none the wiser.

Here in germany you can buy just that part sold as chicken 'insidefilet' (innenfilet). Its usually abit cheaper and i use it to make sauces with chicken if i am going to chop it up anyway as it is slightly cheaper.

You can get it in 'murrica too, if you go to any sort of butcher, but most people and places that make/sell tendies shop through a major distributor, or shop at walmart.

I think it's just too expensive for factory farms to fuck with the tender, rather than just continue on selling breast to people who have no problem slicing it up and selling it as "tendies".

Used to be a fast food place called Grandys that had great tenders. Publix grocery store has very good tenders.

guess I can use this here

Supermarket Deli Tendies.

Get more tendies for a lot cheaper

Chicken strips >>>>>>>>> literal garbage >>>>>>>>>>>>>chicken tenders

Grocery store delis usually make decent strips at a veey good price. Harris Teeter sells fucking huge ones in packs of 4 for like 5$.

sauces are a crutch anyway also madi gras mustard is the fucking tits

deli tendies are usually soggy as fuck and spend more time under a heatlamp than a reptile family, unless of course were talking Kroger but even then ive been to some shit ones.

Chili's are pretty good, but the original ones not the extra crispy shit

most tendies are too bland to eat without sauce. only chickfila and maybe popeyes spicy tendies are good on their own. with popeyes it's really disappointing though since both spicy honey mustard and delta sauce were GOAT and they got rid of both of them.

chili's tendies are great because they're battered instead of breaded. I'm not sure but I think they aren't pre-frozen either since I think I got food-poisoning from them once.

Publix chicken tender sandwiches are on sale rn

I go to Walmart deli.
>large tendies sold by the pound
>about 6 bucks for a bag of 5 huge tendies

>not the buffalo ones

trader joe's tendies are pretty good

Strips and tenders are literally the same thing, just under two different names; they're also both garbage.

The ones you make, I reckon. Cheaper, likely healthier and you can make them to your own taste.

raising canes, it's a small chain dedicated to nothin but tendies

>Chikfila
>-small
It's a good portion for me, how much food does one person like you need?

I fucking LOVED Grandy's growing up. The location in my area went out of business years ago. Now, if I want some good country fried steak, there's this smaller chain store run by indians or pakis nearby. I don't go anymore though since the frozen ones are way cheaper and basically hit the spot.

I've said this before but the chain called Wings Over has awesome boneless wings that are tenders, they have a shit ton of flavors too. I usually get them in West Texas Mesquite, Mustang Ranch, Sweet Chili, Blackened Cajun, and or Honey Mustard. Garlic Parmesan is pretty good too.

I'm all for making my own and they come out great and even amazing some times for it just being a fried tender, but pic related is my go to for frozen cheap crap. I normally barely eat, but I'll go through the bag of these in a day no problem and it's the only food I can do that with. They're too good.

I have a bag of these in my freezer now. They're ok I guess. What do you do for dipping sauce?

I just pour some honey in a pile on the side and use that

Right on. I'll make some honey mustard next time.

if you're going to go for veggie tendies, Gardein is the superior choice.

So, Tendies is no different than long chicken nuggets?

Nuggets use chopped and formed meat. MOST tenders use slices of breast meat, not chopped, milled and formed. Just a strip of whole white meat. Some frozen tenders that are cheap use chopped/formed meat also but real chicken tenders are whole white meat strips coated and cooked.

Incorrect. Tenders are made from mechanically processed ground chicken meat aka "pink slime". Strips are made from breast meat cuts. Tenders are shapeless battered lumps of meat, strips have a noticeable grain and elongated teardrop shape.

I don't eat fast food, but am a line cook, with pretty decent experience, and every place I've worked at that sold "chicken tenders", they were just strips of chicken breast, seasoned, battered, and fried.

I guess if you buy frozen Tyson or whatever "tenders" you're probably spot on, but is that really what we're talking about?

then what's a chicken finger?

Well, looking back at you're 100% spot on...

Tendie but longer.

The, "with rib meat" is really what kills me. Breast meat literally is rib meat; it makes it sound like they use some mechanical process to get as much as possible off the bones, grind it up, and then form it in to tenders, which are actually a real cut of meat.

I thought fingers were chopped breast meat, and the tender is the flappy thing attached to the breast. But I don't know to think anymore. I don't believe in nothin now.

Chicken tenders are SUPPOSED to be fried chicken tenderloins.

Whether or not your favorite fast food place forms tenderloin-shaped fritters and calls them "tenders" is another story.

That's basically correct, but it's cheaper for places to just buy a case of breasts than tenders proper, and slice them into strips.

The meat is indistinguishable.

>not Layne's

does anyone know if the chicken bites at checkers are like popcorn chicken or just nuggies made out of mechanically seperated chicken?

I usually only eat one meal a day and they're only like 120 calories each. you have to get like a dozen of them to not be hungry later.

For me, it is McSelects, the best chicken tendies.

Zaxby's

Crunchy, but juicy.
That Zax sauce for dipping.
Get em in a spicy hot wing sauce, if you feel emboldened.
Side of fried mushrooms and Zesty sauce (horseradish plus ?).

No better chain for tendies. None.

Overpriced, dried-out dogshit desu.

>shit tier tendies: burger king
>medium tier tendies: wendies
elder god tier tendies: chick fil a and canes

Chicken nuggets are not tendies

I bet you went to one ran by "Undocumented Immigrants"

One in an overwhelmingly white college town, two run by basketball americans. Tenders are always dry and often rubbery, though they're good on the salads and the fries are God-tier.